• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Wholesaler - UNDO the Rip-off

• Thread starter DeletedUser4471
  • Start date

DeletedUser4471

I know. The genius devs and apologists are going to say this encourages trading, but... The old formula was already quite an effective discouragement. With KPs there can be a justification for it, as progress would be ridiculously fast if it were not escalated. Progress is/was not affected under the old wholesaler formula because costs for buildings and finishing KP progress has this already factored in with it costing more in goods as the game progresses.

You have built a system that exponentially penalizes, and your reasoning is flawed. Change this back.

DeletedUser4219

First, a player should not be forced to trade since the goods needed can be days from available and not in the supply one may need. Second, the amounts earned were very hard earned and the cost was already prohibited for anything but the Marble, Steel, and Planks. With the disparity in fellowship activity, growth of players, primary boost levels and amounts needed for negotiation, or cater in the tournaments, it will now be almost impossible for me to make up those cost. And the players not in a fellowship are screwed. The old system allowed a player to be more independent and not forced into a fellowship which not everyone can do, nor are some of the ridiculous requirements of some fellowships an incentive. This is not right for you to keep changing the system that people worked in to develope their cities free of the constraints of limited trade availability and inability to join a fellowship that meets or accepts a players chosen style or availability of time.

Do you want this game to succeed??? The number of veteran players that left the game because of the previous unfair changes in scouting, and battling did not indicate that your update was considered unfair and generally disliked. What does it take for you to stop trying to fix what is not broken. Your choices belie the have fun concept. Where is the freedom of player style especially for those of us in the game over a year and you constantly update changes that impede our growth and advancement. You have not expanded the board for several months how about doing that instead of distroying the game with unfair arbitrary updates. This just sucks!

DeletedUser1531

Seriously...what the heck is wrong with you developers? You will be losing members left and right again because of this!!! I use the trader often because I have an excess of coin! and NOW I will just have to sit there and not be able to collect and LOSE my coin because of this asinine change you made??? So tell us...what do you propose we do with the excess coin we have if we can not buy the goods we need??

DeletedUser1996

oh gosh no --we dont want new players to leave....We just want to make it harder for them ---then they have to buy diamonds so we can get richer !!
Our techs need money so they can come up with better ways to screw you all !! Bwahahahahahaha

Last edited by a moderator:

Thistleknot

Normally I'm pretty good at looking at the bright side of things, but these changes really dampened my optimism. Not only did the devs take away 2/3 of our choices, but the choices left are not good. So now I do not have the variety of possibilities to get rid of excess coin or supplies. I also seem to be double penalized for using the wholesaler. First penalty is that I am not getting as many goods for my coin as I previously was. I was getting around 700 goods for each high-end purchase. Now I only get 540 goods. Second, it gets more expensive each time I use the wholesaler if I don't want to wait for the 6.5 hour timer. The first hit is 150%. The second hit is about 135% Not really willing to strip my self of coin just to figure out how expensive it would be to make three purchases. This really is a horrible change. :mad:

DeletedUser6279

OK... so first we can't fight in the battles.. most are impossible to win. So we have to negotiate, Save up good forever... Now they mess with the wholesaler,,can't even buy 100 goods at a time...WTH are they thinking.. sucking the fun right out of this game,,, and they don't seem to give a crap!

DeletedUser3642

I have notified my fellowship that I will be leaving the game for good if this isn't undone soon. I don't know how they thought this was a good idea and that there wouldn't be a major backlash. Everyone in my fellowship hates the trader change. It will be interesting to see if Elvenar listens to their users or just ignores them on this one.

DeletedUser4045

I am seriously upset about the trader. It is obvious the devs are not pro player but slowing the game down and not allowing players to play.
Limiting the amount one can purchase is not fair. This is to drvie up costs and seriously affect play.

I am seriously considering leaving the game. I am definitely cutting off all diamond purchases, even if it brings me to a complete stop.

DeletedUser5023

when i 1st started this game about 6 months ago i was ecstatic. battles were a little 2 easy and the learning curve was great. i spent some money and joined a fellowship. i joined 2 more worlds here very quickly. then the shoe dropped and battles became so impossible 2 win i stopped trying. hoping the devs would realize their error. didn't happen. it's been challenging but i know that because i'm already handicapped and i deal with challenges daily. now the wholesaler goes wonky!!! it's like getting used to one handicap and you get another appendage lopped off. after a very short while you just have to quit. bye! BANG!

DeletedUser61

Everybody is willfully ignoring the obvious reason WHY the wholesaler costs now increase EACH time to buy something for coins, with a reset after 11 hours. Folks were using the excess goods, which they acquired with coins, to NEGOTIATE provinces and tournaments well past where they would be able to acquire those same provinces by fighting.

You may well disagree that the game SHOULD have some boundaries, but the developers quite obviously think the game will be more attractive, to a wider range of players, if the boundary conditions are similar for both negotiating and fighting.

I'd like to ALSO see a reset for the KPs that we can purchase, a weekly or monthly reset would be fine, rather than a cost that increases forever.

Last edited by a moderator: