• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why 30 HOURS between joining fellowships?

DeletedUser61

For example: A 24 hour delay, before you can join another fellowship, is a GOOD idea.
For example: Allowing folks to hop from Fellowship to Fellowship, to avoid the trading fees, would be a BAD idea.

For example: If somebody gets kicked out of a Fellowship, because of a fight, a 24 hour cooldown period would probably be a good idea, over and above the current 24 hour timer before you can join another fellowship.
For example: The above mentioned donkey would just ask each of the fellowships to kick him out, so that he would not incur a delay.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

For example: If somebody gets kicked out of a Fellowship, because of a fight, a 24 hour cooldown period would probably be a good idea, over and above the current 24 hour timer before you can join another fellowship.

Interesting point, @Katwijk. I don't think an additional "Kicked" cooldown timer would be fair, particularly in light of the OP's situation. It seems you're suggesting it might be a good idea for him to suffer a 48-hour global fellowship ban, simply because his rank was less advantageous to the fellowship than someone else's. This goes back to the heart of the complaint, the feeling that it is the fellowship abusing the player and not the other way around.

A different approach might be to approximate the way the military handles severance, i.e. Honorable, Other Than Honorable, or Dishonorable. Honorable could mean having your timer waived or halved; you were good to the fellowship, good enough to earn the favor and some burden of proof might be appropriate. OTH could be for things like inactivity or general lack of cooperation and would have the same timer restrictions as voluntarily leaving. Dishonorable should be reserved for the (hopefully) few cases where someone is kicked out after proving to be a destructive/antisocial element and would carry a double penalty as well as a burden of proof from the Archmage.

DeletedUser511

Power seems to always be abused. That is a good idea but im sure inactive members might make a leader mad and dishonor you just for that. I wouldnt trust that kind of power to the leader of the fellowship you just left or got kicked form. Maybe have it a fellowship vote or something? That person might have friends in there that thinks the kick is raw and votes against dishonored one. Who knows though.

DeletedUser61

I'm quite content with the restriction that folks can only join a fellowship once every 24 hours (or maybe it's 30 hours).
I would be just as happy if folks had to wait a full week.

Perhaps, after getting burned a few times, the applicants will actually start to read the fellowship profiles,
and will begin to ask a few questions to ensure that being part of that particular fellowship will be mutually beneficial.

You're only a leader if somebody is willing to follow you, and it's pretty difficult to abuse power that you don't have. I can assure you that even getting folks to act in their OWN best interests is all too often a thankless task, but it's STILL the responsibility of the leadership to act in the best interests of the group, even though those interests are rarely obvious.

DeletedUser626

there does not appear to be a cooldown / delay to leave a fellowship with "leave fellowship", and join another moments after.
just saw a fellowship member leave and join another today.

DeletedUser626

I hope that is what is. the alternative is I accidently messed up and expelled when doing neighbor help from the fellowship member page. I don't know, if there is a confirmation button or not.

DeletedUser61

there does not appear to be a cooldown / delay to leave a fellowship with "leave fellowship", and join another moments after.
just saw a fellowship member leave and join another today.
The timer is for Join to Join. If you've been in a Fellowship for at least 24 hours you'll be able to leave, and immediately join some other Fellowship.