• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why am I short on supplies all the time now?

ElfGunn

About a week ago, I found myself short on supplies all the time, to where I can only do tournaments or the Spire, but not both. In the Spire, I cater for all stages except the first one. But now I'm short on supplies, so catering uses too many. I can make enough troops for tournaments, barely.

I didn't use to have this problem. I'm now giving priority to upgrading my workshops, but this is hindered due to lack of supplies and space.

Where did I go wrong, and what can I do to fix it?

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
Definitely make sure your workshops are at max level and use PoP spells.
Set the magic academy to produce PoP spells.
Set your manufactories to 3 hour productions, even overnight.
If your armories produce orcs, consider crafting orc nests instead.
In the spire convince with goods and coins on the first try and save supplies as a last resort.
Collect from fellowship members and neighbors (in the notifications) when the hands are gold/brown to gain supplies with the coins.
Provide neighborly help on your map so your neighbors, not just your fellowship, return the favor.
Place event buildings that give supplies.
Place wonders that give supplies such as the endless excavation and/or prosperity towers.
Cycle through the quests for the Our Taxes quest before collecting from the 3 hour workshops. (Cycling through them before and while collecting goods or supplies can also net you supplies.)

Hopefully you’re in an active fellowship where the members give regular neighborly help. If not, consider moving and research prospective fellowships on elvenstats to make sure they’re not full of inactive members.

Edited to add: Craft supply instants in the magic academy.

Best wishes and hope this helps!

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@Dreamyn2 Curious about your advice to produce 3 hour runs overnight instead of 9 hour ones? I've never done the math so I may be making a mistake in doing 9hr runs overnight. What's your reasoning/math for that suggestion?

Thanks,

AJ

StarLoad

@Dreamyn2 Curious about your advice to produce 3 hour runs overnight instead of 9 hour ones? I've never done the math so I may be making a mistake in doing 9hr runs overnight. What's your reasoning/math for that suggestion?

Thanks,

AJ
Could it be just to keep the cost lower on the expenditure of supplies, about 50% dif estimated

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
It's been years since I cycled the quests on the side but the following advice is probably still right:
Set your manufactories to 3 hour productions, even overnight.
+
Cycle through the quests for the Our Taxes quest before collecting from the 3 hour workshops. (Cycling through them before and while collecting goods or supplies can also net you supplies.)
In the first chapters it's crazy how many supplies you can get from quests using those 3h productions. If it's still like it was last I checked you're actually better off running a bunch of level 1 planks on 3h for the quests than you are having more workshops.
This for sure stops being true in later chapters, but I think it still holds up in chapters 5&6

The cycling through those side quests is annoying though.

Deleted User - 1178646

About a week ago, I found myself short on supplies all the time, to where I can only do tournaments or the Spire, but not both. In the Spire, I cater for all stages except the first one. But now I'm short on supplies, so catering uses too many. I can make enough troops for tournaments, barely.

I didn't use to have this problem. I'm now giving priority to upgrading my workshops, but this is hindered due to lack of supplies and space.

Dit your culture bonus drop?
Dropping from 150% to 125% drops a lot of supply production.

As some have advised you need maxed out workshop, and premium workshops are totally amazing if you can spare it.

The crazy part is that the tournaments are a self propelling pendulum.
The tournaments give 1 Power of Provision spell each 1st round province past province 9 (so from 10 and onwards) and 1 Ensorcelled spell in each 4th round from the same provinces onward.

These 2 spells are amazing supply (and coin) generators

Lets start with some numbers to visualise things

In chapter 6 you can have a level 17 workshop

Regular workshop level 17:
Regular : 1160 p/h
Culture 125%: 1450 p/h (+25%)
Culture 150%: 1750 (+50%)
Culture 175% (5 ensorcelled active): 2030 (+75%)

Now lets use a power of provision spell (PoP)
PoP spells also improve the culture bonus part of the production not juts the base

Regular : 3480 (+200%)
Culture 125%: 4350 p/h (+375%)
Culture 150%: 5250 (+453%)
Culture 175% (5 ensorcelled active): 6090 (+525%)

As you see using lets say 4 PoP spells and 5 ensorcelled per 2 days you can in a very short time produce more than all your workshops currently combined.

A magical workshop has a base production of about double this. and therefore each magic workshop counts for 2 workshops but only need 1 of each spells making it even more efficient by cutting your spell requirment in half.

This massive improvement in supply production for 12h per day should be enough to feed everything many times over including spire and the barracks, training grounds and the soon to be unlocked marcenary ground.

For this you need to be in a 10 chest fellowship and reach 28 provinces a week.
This might be a challenge in your stage of the game for now but should be easier as you go.

Being inside or searching for a 10 chest fellowship makes all the difference as it's end reward overcome what the first 9 provinces lack so that 28 provinces do reward a net of 28 PoP and 28 ensorcelled per week.

when you can't reach 28 provinces you might be able to do 14 with 2 magical workshops for a similar like result.

As you can see in this case doing more, can make your game easier instead of more difficult. the more your skimp on parts of the game the more difficult it becomes.

Sprite1313

Okay, here is my take, but of course, this may not work for you.

Workshops. Others may disagree with me, but I would reduce your overall number of workshops and focus on upgrading to the maximum level. The larger ws are more efficient than the smaller ones. Your ws range from level 4 to level 16. I would also suggest setting your ws to the shortest production runs that work with your schedule. If you are going to be online for a while, run a bunch of beverages. Tedious, but you will get more supplies.

You could also probably port out (you should have won some teleportation spells in the spire) one of your scrolls manus, since the production from the moonstone can replace that lost production for the most part.

Consider upgrading your watchful winter owl, if you can afford the RRs (or craft them). It produces a decent amount of supplies, and the difference between chapter 3 and chapter 6 is pretty significant.

Place expiring troop boost buildings during spire/tourney and try fighting more encounters. I was solely catering the spire, and my AM convinced me to try more fighting. I didn't think I would win, but he was right. I now fight most of the spire and all of the tourney.

Here's a controversial one. Consider porting out some of your armouries for now. You can bring them back later when you have beefed up your city. This will reduce your training size (so using less supplies at a go), but it will also free up culture and population to support more larger WS. It's a balance though, training enough troops versus enough supplies to cater.

As others have said, definitely neighbourly help (you get supplies if you visit somebody who has visited you; that icon in the notifications will be gold instead of green), and cycling through quests.

Good luck.

Deleted User - 1178646

Okay, here is my take, but of course, this may not work for you.

As others have said, definitely neighbourly help (you get supplies if you visit somebody who has visited you; that icon in the notifications will be gold instead of green), and cycling through quests.

Good luck.
Neighnourly help should not be part of your supply fix. neither cycling as some suggested the above dwarfs those kind of supply income by so much it's becomes laughable and insignificant.

power of provision and culture is by far the most important easy source of supplies in this game, and the only one that can effectively supply 3 unit production building especially with wonders boosting it production speed so you need even more.

I can pump my supply production into the many millions per hour using this in chapter 16 no other method gets even close to be in the same ballpark.

That said neigbourly help is always a good thing, only if it's good to help eachother reach a better culture bonus.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member

I was always short of supplies till I got Prosperity Towers. I absolutely adore that wonder; I never run out any more. I do have 8 workshops maxed, but even with those I was always running out till I got PT. And it's a fairly small footprint, so it's definitely worth it, if you are at the point where you can get it. (Fairies, I think it was? Not sure.)

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member

Thanks,

AJ
Most of what I suggested is recommended by elvengems under the guidelines for Woodelves. The 3 hour productions do use less supplies. My largest city is in Sorcerers and I still follow this unless I’m short on a particular good.

Yes, cycling through the quests is annoying but if you’re in a pinch you want all the supplies you can find.

@CrazyWizard I forgot to mention culture. Thank you for doing so. The neighborly help by itself won’t solve his supplies problem but along with the other suggestions...it all adds up. However, you need active fellowship members helping you back in order to get supplies. Unfortunately half of the members in his fellowship are inactive and @ElfGunn should look into this.

SoggyShorts

The 3 hour productions do use less supplies. My largest city is in Sorcerers and I still follow this unless I’m short on a particular good.
Aren't the supplies costs basically the exact same per good though?
My steel makes
6360 for 1500 supplies in 3h which is 4.24 steel per tool
vs
10940 for 2580 supplies in 9h which is 4.24 steel per tool

That's why I assumed your 3h suggestion was for use in the cycling quests. Making 3h productions anytime that you are going to be AFK for 8+ hours doesn't make sense to me otherwise.

Sprite1313

Neighnourly help should not be part of your supply fix. neither cycling as some suggested the above dwarfs those kind of supply income by so much it's becomes laughable and insignificant.

I agree that culture and other factors are going to get you more supplies than neighbourly help or cycling quests, but that doesn't mean you should dismiss them entirely. If you are running short, any source of supplies is valid to help you recoup.

I agree with the culture, PoP spells and Prosperity Tower. Those are going to go much further in fixing the problem, but that doesn't invalidate the fact that you can get supplies from other sources. And the cycled quests are more valuable to a chapter 6 city than a chapter 17 city, since they give a greater percentage of supplies, relative to what your ws can produce.

Deleted User - 1178646

I was always short of supplies till I got Prosperity Towers. I absolutely adore that wonder; I never run out any more. I do have 8 workshops maxed, but even with those I was always running out till I got PT. And it's a fairly small footprint, so it's definitely worth it, if you are at the point where you can get it. (Fairies, I think it was? Not sure.)

owning prosperity towers on it's own is not a magical solution to a supply problem.

To be fair today I most likely would not even build it.
Once you get into PoP / culture mode those few supplies are kinda of a joke.

My level 30 prosperity towers gives less in 3 hours then my PoP/Culture booster magical workshop in 15 minutes.
Could it be it solved you issues because it made you more aware of the PoP spell?

SoggyShorts

o be fair today I most likely would not even build it.
Once you get into PoP / culture mode those few supplies are kinda of a joke.
Doesn't your prosperity towers increase the PoP from 200% to 300%?
Doesn't that make it responsible for 25% of your total supplies production from workshops?
100 base + 200 PoP + 100 PT ?

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
Aren't the supplies costs basically the exact same per good though?
My steel makes
6360 for 1500 supplies in 3h which is 4.24 steel per tool
vs
10940 for 2580 supplies in 9h which is 4.24 steel per tool

That's why I assumed your 3h suggestion was for use in the cycling quests. Making 3h productions anytime that you are going to be AFK for 8+ hours doesn't make sense to me otherwise.
Yes, same per good, but 3 hours overnight instead of 9 is a good temporary solution to give supplies (9 hours overnight) a chance to build up.

SoggyShorts

Yes, same per good, but 3 hours overnight instead of 9 is a good temporary solution to give supplies (9 hours overnight) a chance to build up.
Ok, as a temporary fix for a day or 2 I can see it.
Having your factory sit idle for 6h or 25% of the time repeatedly would be much less efficient than just having fewer factories and running them full-time though so it shouldn't be something a player does often