• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why are the fights so out of balance now??

DeletedUser3777

I leave for a couple weeks and come back to a total trouncing whenever I try to battle. I cannot battle at ALL anymore- battling is totally closed off to me because it's ALWAYS a defeat and therefore a waste of resources every single time. What in the blazes is going on?? Why is battling so out of whack??

This is extremely disappointing. When before it was nice and challenging and even *strategic*, now it's just a freaking slaughter. It's almost not worth playing if half the fun of the game is an exercise in futility.

Can anyone at all shed some insight into this?? Thanks in advance.

DeletedUser594

Players got further on the map than the devs had hoped so in order to reign us in they made it so you just about cannot beat an army that is 2x the squad size of yours. Use the chest requirements as a guide to see if you fallinto lignment. If not you won't win province fights til you're your squad size starts catching up
Units underwent changes and new ones have been sdded The updats is not fully impementrfd nust yet, This was package 1 of 3

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3777

That....really sucks. Squads are currently over twice my size. This is going to take forever. Because the only way to catch up is to use knowledge points but the best way to get knowledge points is by winning battles that now I can't win??? What an infuriating contradiction!

Excuse me while I go sit in a corner and cry.

Thanks for your reply, varron.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4112

I think the purpose is to get players to stop building academy so that they have more spaces for things like Ancient Wonders, Wacky Walters, etc, cultures stuffs..., like more Creation Ponds, Princess Anwen.. so your goods & supplies go up higher, more things to go round, eliminates poverty, help the poor, & put down your weapons & be a good guys. That's the meaning...

*** There's a lesson to everything happens in the World ***

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Can anyone at all shed some insight into this?? Thanks in advance.

The devs have made it clear that any fight where we are outnumbered by a ratio of 2:1 we are not expected to win. This has been used by them in some cases to create a "wall" on province scouting until techs and the existing scout range of some players comes into alignment for their master plan on balance. In my guide, province section, I have posted a table to give an indication of the expected scouted province by tech era. This should give you some idea of where you lie in relation to the devs plans.

Combat techs have become very important to progressing in the provinces. Squad sizes increase in an exponential fashion now (was linear) so the more advanced your town the bigger the increase each new tech will have. You will want to ensure your techs are current if you plan to do provinces on the world map.

The combat changes have also changed how certain units work so you need to make sure you are up-to-date on the current unit strengths and weakness as old strategies can be lethal.

Tournament remain with a "fixed" squad size ratio increasing in difficulty each time until the last round when it is 1:8 to 1 so only very skilled fighters will be able to combat these.

Oh your losses will generally be higher now regardless of fight difficulty.