• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why can't I add more squads to battle besides 5

DeletedUser2444

I've noticed that my enemy opponent can post up to 8 squads while I can only post a maximum of 5 during a battle. Is there a way I can post more squads?

DeletedUser61

You're limited to 5 squads, but all is not lost.

There's a linear relationship between the number of enemy squads and the size of those squads that, more than anything, adds variety to the fights.
  • A single squad will have the most troops per squad
  • Eight squads will have the fewest troops per squad, but about twice as many troops overall.
So you have to adapt to one enemy unit that you can attack multiple times per round,
through enemy squads who can hit you multiple times per round.

You actually have to be quite careful when the enemy has 4 heavy melee and 4 heavy ranged, because the ranged units can deal out a lot of damage while you're trying to get past their defensive cordon.

DeletedUser3024

Actually, after my two fiascoes with fighting superior numbers of squads - 5 vs 8 - I think it's cheaper to just negotiate. At least until I can reach the point where I can have treants.
Unfortunately, I also need at least 3 more expansions and that means at least 15 provinces to get the 3 expansions. No, I refuse to buy diamonds. Been that route once and it's expensive. ......unless they come up with a really good special, say 11,000 diamonds for $20. That one I might do. ;)
And, if I don't fight, this is going to get expensive. But fighting is expensive also with all the training, etc.

Anyway, I need the expansions to correct my layout mistakes and allow for more manufacturing. This is going to be a long, long road. I have a lot of respect for those of you that have advanced so far. Hat's off to all of you. And, I can see why people are so fascinated with this game. It is awesome.

DeletedUser

I've gotta admit, whenever the enemy has more than 5 squads, I usually negotiate. Only exception is Treants in crystal provinces.

DeletedUser594

Treants are a game changer. Once you unlock Treants you can really start to incorporate more strategies and fighting becomes way more interesting.

DeletedUser

I feel like I must be doing something wrong in battle, which is pretty likely since I'm so new. Right now I am trying to fight my through a hex, province?, that looks like it is 3 rings? away from my spot- and I'm getting whooped pretty hard. Not sure if maybe I expanded too fast, and maybe I need to let my research catch up before I can survive with any decency?

DeletedUser4781

I feel like I must be doing something wrong in battle, which is pretty likely since I'm so new. Right now I am trying to fight my through a hex, province?, that looks like it is 3 rings? away from my spot- and I'm getting whooped pretty hard. Not sure if maybe I expanded too fast, and maybe I need to let my research catch up before I can survive with any decency?
My experience has been that whenever I am getting my a55 handed to me, I catch up on research and upgrade my armory. Sometimes you have to wait to fight another day. :)