• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why can't I switch from city to city

leoli1

I have four cities and have always been able to switch from one to the other by clicking the back arrow in the top left corner which would take me back to the page with the titles of all my cities on it and then click on the one I wanted. From this afternoon I can no longer do this. I have to log in each time I want to change cities. Anyone any ideas why this is happening?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The ability to use the back arrow for this was intentionally removed from the game. But you can have multiple cities loaded in separate tabs on your browser, if your PC can handle the work.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Open your browser, go to the page that shows the 8 US worlds. Now open that page in a tab for as many cities as you have. In each tab, you should be able to click on a different world and have each one load. You can only load one at a time because the tab has to be the active one for the game to load properly.

Talturic

Only way I could switch worlds: Open new browser and change URL to: us - (and a number you're not using for another world) elvenar.com/game
That worked for my 2 worlds. Each has its own #. But my PC can have at least 2 browsers open at once. Don't know about mobiles.

Hope that helps.

jesikrey

sucks.png

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Only way I could switch worlds: Open new browser and change URL to: us - (and a number you're not using for another world) elvenar.com/game
That worked for my 2 worlds. Each has its own #. But my PC can have at least 2 browsers open at once. Don't know about mobiles.

Hope that helps.
That is odd. I have two cities, US1 and US6. I have the login page that shows all 8 worlds bookmarked. I opened that page in two separate tabs in Chrome and each city loaded correctly for me. I did not have to do anything extra to get it to work. And I am talking about one browser and two tabs, not two separate browsers.

Sprite1313

That is odd. I have two cities, US1 and US6. I have the login page that shows all 8 worlds bookmarked. I opened that page in two separate tabs in Chrome and each city loaded correctly for me. I did not have to do anything extra to get it to work. And I am talking about one browser and two tabs, not two separate browsers.
That worked for me, too. I have three tabs open right now. However, you can't start the process when logged in to one of your worlds (as you said in your original post), you have to be on the overall login screen (US server 0), otherwise it just loads another version of whichever server you were on.

Fayeanne

I took a look and what is going on here is when you click on one of the world buttons on the main screen (the screen that shows the worlds you've played in), these buttons now lead to a "login" URL that immediately redirects to the game page. Thus, when you press the browser's "Back" button, you land on the redirect page again and the redirect kicks you immediately back to the game and so you don't actually go anywhere.

If you would like to hop around from city to city one at a time, without having to load multiple cities in multiple tabs/windows, you can still do this. Here are some different ways this can work:

- (Assuming you came from the world selection page), while in a city, (in most browsers) hold down the left mouse button on the "Back" button (or, right-click the button). A menu should appear. Select the second-most recent entry in this list, rather than the most recent. You will skip over the redirect and wind up back at the world selection page.

- Bookmark the world selection page. Then, while playing in a city, when you want to exit that city and return to the world selection, just load your bookmark.

- While in a city, open the in-game menu in the lower right corner of your screen (the gear/cog). Select the top red icon from the menu. A dialog will appear asking if you are sure you want to log out. Select the green/confirm button. NOTE: You are not actually logged out! This just returns you to the world selection screen. You remain logged in and you can pick another world from there.