• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why can't we trade relics?

Tehya1

I am in chapter 3 and have over scouted because of quests and the need for expansions to progress. Now I only scout as much as needed to get through quests and collect the relics that I need for the MA, but collecting relics is getting very hard. I have a FS member who is several chapters ahead of me, and she struggles with having enough relics too. I need one kind of relic that is extemely hard for me to get and she has another. Is there a reason why the game doesn't have a mechanism for trading relics?

Mont Clair

Tournaments each week offers one specific relic. By completing in the tournament each week, you should be getting the relics you need.

However, if you say, that does not help coz you have to wait a few weeks until the relic you are waiting for, well, there is also new feature in beta that mentions that for the tournament, the developers are going to switch relics per round according to the list. This way players can get multiple different relics each week. This has not come to live versions yet, however, that would also solve your issue.

I don't think relic trading will happen with the tournament changes.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
You may want to consider your city build strategy. If you use all of your relics for Power of Provision spells then perhaps you ought to build a couple more workshops, or upgrade the ones you have. I suggest you put the Magic Academy off road for a bit to remind yourself that you should be building, not enspelling. I have a lot of experience in Elvenar, so I would not advise this lightly. Also you may want to review your factory strategies to ensure that you only have your boosted factories building resources, and that your culture and roads are current and efficient.

BrinDarby

Sounds like you're using your relics too fast, I have 2 CH3 cities and have
never had that problem....What are you using relics for ???
I have 7 now but had 6 for long time open provinces in all 9 resources.
I'm also overscouted.

If players are using enchantments/catalysts too quickly, then they use up
relics too quickly trying to recoup enchs/cats. Especially @ your stage of
the game, CH3. Try and get off the paycheck to paycheck treadmill, by
building up enchantments/catalysts/relics over a few weeks, without
using any.... then use less of them, than you get eack week.

Dew Spinner

I am in chapter 3 and have over scouted because of quests and the need for expansions to progress. Now I only scout as much as needed to get through quests and collect the relics that I need for the MA, but collecting relics is getting very hard. I have a FS member who is several chapters ahead of me, and she struggles with having enough relics too. I need one kind of relic that is extemely hard for me to get and she has another. Is there a reason why the game doesn't have a mechanism for trading relics?
You need to hit tourney hard every week and you should not have any relic issues, by hard I mean every province you have to 6 stars. Taking your MA off the road/not using it should never ever be even considered, you need every military boost building, if you fight, that comes your way and every pet food that comes your way also!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Tehya1 The tournament is by far the best source of relics in the game. It takes 9 weeks to do a full tournament cycle. If you are only chapter 3 it is possible that you have not yet been through a full tournament cycle, depending on how quick you did chapters 1 & 2. Or you were still low level when some weeks of the tournament happened and you were not able to do much yet. In case you did not know, the tournament has a schedule and it corresponds to the order the goods are listed in. Therefore, the steel tournament will always follow the marble tournament, and planks will always follow steel. Ect... My best advice is to be patient. The tournament for the relic you need will come around again. When it does happen, hit it hard and get as many relics as you can.

Dew Spinner

I have been doing that. I am probably crafting too much. I just think it would be great if my FS member and I could fill each others' relic deficits.
Yes that would be great but most likely not going to happen, so you have to work within the peramaters of the game. As you gain provimces and do all of them every week your relic woes will lessen, you can also craft relics that you need in the MA.

OIM20

Is there a reason why the game doesn't have a mechanism for trading relics?
The best reason I can think of that this option isn't available is because that would discourage players from solving encounters on the world map, exploring provinces, and thus encountering new neighbors. I mean, sure, you'd get to it eventually, but the game relying on you obtaining the relics through working on your own incentivizes you to explore the world map.

(Also, you can get relics through Neighborly Help, if you didn't know. It's random, but you can get relics, KP, Power of Provision, MM, and EE spells just by helping your neighboring cities. There are three such random awards available to each player once within the game's preset 24 hour cycle. It resets at 8 PM Eastern, I think.)

Everyone keeps mentioning the tournaments. Without clearing the provinces for that relic ahead of time, though, you aren't going to be able to get the relics you need through the tournament.

That said, I would add to their recommendations of participating in the tournament that you might consider building the Endless Excavation and level it up to get extra relics when you complete a province. Also, keep an eye on the relics slot in the MA crafting window. I ran out of crystal relics in Harandar and had to clear two provinces to get more before any showed up in crafting, so I do feel your pain.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Is there a reason why the game doesn't have a mechanism for trading relics?
I'm pretty sure the main reason is production boosts. The early chapter progression costs are based on having a certain boost %, and if you traded your non-boosted relics with someone else you could max out your boost very easily and double or even triple your production making the chapter progress too easy.

Tehya1

I'm pretty sure the main reason is production boosts. The early chapter progression costs are based on having a certain boost %, and if you traded your non-boosted relics with someone else you could max out your boost very easily and double or even triple your production making the chapter progress too easy.
Heaven forbid! lol This makes sense. I still have a lot to learn about how boosted goods work.

Deleted User - 1178646

With the new tournament formula that makes the tournaments insane cheaper with 0 bonus, it would be very easy if we could get rid of our relics that way

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Heaven forbid! lol This makes sense. I still have a lot to learn about how boosted goods work.
Essentially, your boosted good is the only kind you should make. Produce more than you need and use the excess to trade for your non-boosted goods. As far as your boost %, it is determined by how many relics of that type you have. The more relics you have, the higher your boost percentage will be. Max boost is 700% and it requires 500 relics. If you click on your Main Hall and then click the tab that says "relics" it will tell you what your current boost % is and also how many more relics of that type you need for the next increase.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Of course you don't have a relic problem. How long have you been in ch3 now? A year? ;)
It's normal for ch3 cities to run out of crafting relics.
Lol unless you are careful and let your resources grow like I do with my small cities.

Dew Spinner

Of course you don't have a relic problem. How long have you been in ch3 now? A year? ;)
A lot of that happens because players are crafting a lot junk instead of saving what they have for the good recipes. Any shortage of relics I had when I was a small city was overcome by hitting tourney hard every week, crafting the relics I was in need of, consistently doing Neighborly Help visits and not crafting JUNK! And I was and I still am, not overscouted.

Iyapo1

I ran out of relics all the way through chapter 5!

Until I was able to get over 6 stars in 15 tents in the tournaments. I go through CC relics so fast with my crafting habit!

Dew Spinner

I ran out of relics all the way through chapter 5!

Until I was able to get over 6 stars in 15 tents in the tournaments. I go through CC relics so fast with my crafting habit!
Yes, but you game style is a niche style, most players are not crafting like you are. I thought about you with the new CC and VV MA recipes coming! LOL Your addiction is about to get MUCH bigger!!

Iyapo1

A lot of that happens because players are crafting a lot junk instead of saving what they have for the good recipes. Any shortage of relics I had when I was a small city was overcome by hitting tourney hard every week, crafting the relics I was in need of, consistently doing Neighborly Help visits and not crafting JUNK! And I was and still, not overscouted.
I craft pretty much every single recipe that comes through. I have less interest in what I am crafting than I do with the chance to win 500 diamonds in every other mystical object. I do agree that there is some junk in there(broken rune shards?!). There are also things in there that I cant afford to craft (spellfragment shortages). I am happily over scouted but I did not start over scouting until chapter 5ish.