• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why can't we trade relics?

OIM20

You know full well [...]
You should not presume to tell someone what they do and don't know, nor presume you know someone else's motivations unless they have made them clear. Approaching people as though they are people and not computer code is generally to your benefit.
I am not going to get into a lengthy argument with you because we both know that I am right.
Discussions aren't arguments. But declaring your opinion is the only correct one on the subject makes me think I didn't misunderstand you at all.

Dew Spinner

You should not presume to tell someone what they do and don't know, nor presume you know someone else's motivations unless they have made them clear. Approaching people as though they are people and not computer code is generally to your benefit.

Discussions aren't arguments. But declaring your opinion is the only correct one on the subject makes me think I didn't misunderstand you at all.
I made myself perfectly clear on both occassions, players who try to fumble their way through the game will face struggles (great challenges) and that doesn't mean the game should be changed because of their lack of know how on how to play the game. It is absolutely every players right to play how they want, the easy way or the hard way but the game should not be changed because of their personal choice.

BrinDarby

Discussions aren't arguments.
All squares are rectangles , not all rectangles are squares...
Conversations, Discussions, & Debates all have the chance...... Not to be, arguments

Its Human nature to learn more from failures than from successes...
To some, the "challange" is making mistakes but learning on thier own.
To others the "challange" is , even with information, correctly using that info.

NO 1 playstyle , is "correct", some playstyles will be more efficient or less frustrating.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
players who try to fumble their way through the game will face struggles (great challenges) and that doesn't mean the game should be changed because of their lack of know how on how to play the game.
The entire basis of your opinion is just that: an opinion.
A game has to reach a certain balance between basic guidance and hand-holding. Players who believe that a little (or even a lot) more in-game guidance should be added are no more right or wrong than you and your opinion are.

A very significant segment of players are mobile-only and play games like this for minutes at a time with nothing in-between. E.G. log in, collect&restart production + builders, log out--- and don't come back until those are ready. For many (most?) mobile-centric games this is enough to succeed or even thrive and it may be that expecting to sift through forums or Facebook(ew) in order to do well is an unreasonable expectation.

Personally, I'm the type to write those guides and create those calculators that other players use, and yet I still think that many 3rd party resources should be added to the game itself. It's my opinion that requiring anything beyond just the resources available within the game itself for success is a failure on the developers part more than the player's.

Further to the point of whether this particular issue (players running out of one kind of relic) the developers apparently also think that the relic distribution is an issue based on the new tournament relic system on Beta. Rather than mitigating the issue with a more informative tutorial or trying to implement an obviously problematic trading system, they have opted to adjust the relic payout from once every 9 weeks to every week.

Dew Spinner

All squares are rectangles , not all rectangles are squares...
Conversations, Discussions, & Debates all have the chance...... Not to be, arguments

Its Human nature to learn more from failures than from successes...
To some, the "challange" is making mistakes but learning on thier own.
To others the "challange" is , even with information, correctly using that info.

NO 1 playstyle , is "correct", some playstyles will be more efficient or less frustrating.
I agree wholeheartedly!!!

Dew Spinner

The entire basis of your opinion is just that: an opinion.
A game has to reach a certain balance between basic guidance and hand-holding. Players who believe that a little (or even a lot) more in-game guidance should be added are no more right or wrong than you and your opinion are.

A very significant segment of players are mobile-only and play games like this for minutes at a time with nothing in-between. E.G. log in, collect&restart production + builders, log out--- and don't come back until those are ready. For many (most?) mobile-centric games this is enough to succeed or even thrive and it may be that expecting to sift through forums or Facebook(ew) in order to do well is an unreasonable expectation.

Personally, I'm the type to write those guides and create those calculators that other players use, and yet I still think that many 3rd party resources should be added to the game itself. It's my opinion that requiring anything beyond just the resources available within the game itself for success is a failure on the developers part more than the player's.

Further to the point of whether this particular issue (players running out of one kind of relic) the developers apparently also think that the relic distribution is an issue based on the new tournament relic system on Beta. Rather than mitigating the issue with a more informative tutorial or trying to implement an obviously problematic trading system, they have opted to adjust the relic payout from once every 9 weeks to every week.
I wholeheartedly agree and these players should not be asking for the Devs to CHANGE the game because they don't have the time to fully understand the mechanics. I don't have a problem with players having questions, frustrations, struggles, ot challenges. I have a problem with them wanting the Devs to change the game because they aren't prepared, for what ever reason! There are well established issue with this game that need to be fixed and players not being prepared for the basic game challenges is not one of them.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

I have a problem with them wanting the Devs to change the game because they aren't prepared, for what ever reason!
And that's your problem: you don't care about the reason.
If they are struggling due to lack of easy access to information, then asking the devs to change something is valid.
In your opinion going to the forums/facebook to get said information is reasonable. I disagree.

Dew Spinner

And that's your problem: you don't care about the reason.
If they are struggling due to lack of easy access to information, then asking the devs to change something is valid.
In your opinion going to the forums/facebook to get said information is reasonable. I disagree.
There is plenty of EASY access to info,...Forum, Wiki, Gems, a few FB groups, their FS, tutorial and tips from the load screen... there is NO lack of game INFO!

SoggyShorts

There is plenty of EASY access to info,...Forum, Wiki, Gems, a few FB groups, their FS, tutorial and tips from the load screen... there is NO lack of game INFO!
Holy crap, how do you keep missing the point?
" In your opinion going to the forums/facebook to get said information is reasonable. I disagree. "

Information should be in-game.

Facebook is a cancer and you yourself bitch about gems constantly, so how can you advocate for their necessity?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
While browser and mobile games handle game info differently that standard video games, all I can say is I miss the days when you bought a video game and it came with a manual that was something like 50-100 pages long and told you most of what you needed to know to start playing. Current games may include a basic manual on the disc or they may just expect you to go and find the info online somewhere.

Dew Spinner

Holy crap, how do you keep missing the point?
" In your opinion going to the forums/facebook to get said information is reasonable. I disagree. "

Facebook is a cancer and you yourself bitch about gems constantly, so how can you advocate for their necessity?
There is plenty of IN GAME info, it's just not used. It's better to ask the Devs to change the game because players don't want to access the IN GAME info and use it to help their game.

Dew Spinner

While browser and mobile games handle game info differently that standard video games, all I can say is I miss the days when you bought a video game and it came with a manual that was something like 50-100 pages long and told you most of what you needed to know to start playing. Current games may include a basic manual on the disc or they may just expect you to go and find the info online somewhere.
Very Good Point, but there is still plenty of info to be found by doing a simple Google search for Elvenar.

SoggyShorts

there is still plenty of info to be found by doing a simple Google search for Elvenar.
I'm a supernerd who actually enjoys making spreadsheets and yet even I can understand that other players expect to be able to play a game well by... playing the game and that doing mandatory homework shouldn't be needed. Your lack of ability to see things from any perspective but your own is disturbing.

@Enevhar Aldarion in my recollection I read the manual start to finish on the way home from the store... What video games from the past came with 100-page manuals? :oops:

Dew Spinner

I'm a supernerd who actually enjoys making spreadsheets and yet even I can understand that other players expect to be able to play a game well by... playing the game and that doing mandatory homework shouldn't be needed. Your lack of ability to see things from any perspective but your own is disturbing.

@Enevhar Aldarion in my recollection I read the manual start to finish on the way home from the store... What video games from the past came with 100-page manuals? :oops:
I never said it was mandatory, I said don't ask the Devs to change the game because "you", global you, are playing blind. Constantly trying to insert little jabs at me doesn't change the truth but proves you need to resort to those tactics because you point isn't feasible.

Tehya1

Since I am that player that yall are talking about, let me be clear. I do research when I know the answer exists. I tried to find the answer to my question about a relic shortage in my FS first and discovered that other players had the same frustration. Then I did a google and forum search and did not find an answer that I understood to be an answer if it was there. As for what has led up to me asking, I could not create a forum account due to a glitch on the main page in the reset password form. I was stuck in a loop for over a month, so I had to wing it.

@Dew Spinner I am obviously not as smart as you are. I dont know what I dont know until I stumble on it. But I am not a lazy player. When I have a question, I seek an answer for it to the best of my ability. You are making a big assumption about me. Have I over crarfted? Yes, because cetain buildings came up in my MA, I researched them, found out that they ae important, so I cafted the. I couldnt ask if that was the right thing to do if I couldn't create a forum account.

Dew Spinner

Since I am that player that yall are talking about, let me be clear. I do research when I know the answer exists. I tried to find the answer to my question about a relic shortage in my FS first and discovered that other players had the same frustration. Then I did a google and forum search and did not find an answer that I understood to be an answer if it was there. As for what has led up to me asking, I could not create a forum account due to a glitch on the main page in the reset password form. I was stuck in a loop for over a month, so I had to wing it.

@Dew Spinner I am obviously not as smart as you are. I dont know what I dont know until I stumble on it. But I am not a lazy player. When I have a question, I seek an answer for it to the best of my ability. You are making a big assumption about me. Have I over crarfted? Yes, because cetain buildings came up in my MA, I researched them, found out that they ae important, so I cafted the. I couldnt ask if that was the right thing to do if I couldn't create a forum account.
I have never mentioned you personally in my posts, for a reason, I understand that new players struggle and I and others are more than willing to help to give you the advice you need. The subject that is being debated is whether the game "should" be changed because new players either can't find the info or don't bother, it has nothing to do with you personally, even though the debate is happening on the thread that you started. The fact that you searched out the Forum and continued to try and log on, even with problems, shows that you are a dedicated player. Maybe it would help if you weighed in on....now that you know how to solve your relics shortage from the advice you have received here, do you still think the game should be "changed".

Dew Spinner

Dews snarkfest moved past you a long time ago. You did not ask devs to change anything you ask players a question. I hope we were helpful.

@Dew you started your snarkfest with:

Yes, this Forum could do with a lot less Snark! So snark less.
The original premise was to have relics be tradable. That would be a major change to the game.