• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why can't we trade relics?

Tehya1

I was seeking an answer rather than making a suggestion. As someone pointed out, I posted here and not in suggestions. I thought carefully about which forum was best, and decided that I didnt know enough to make a suggestion regarding changing the game. I now understand why relics cannot be traded, and I am glad that the game will be changed so that I can at least win the relics that I need in the tournaments more often. I asked and got great answers here. :)

Dew Spinner

I was seeking an answer rather than making a suggestion. As someone pointed out, I posted here and not in suggestions. I thought carefully about which forum was best, and decided that I didnt know enough to make a suggestion regarding changing the game. I now understand why relics cannot be traded, and I am glad that the game will be changed so that I can at least win the relics that I need in the tournaments more often. I asked and got great answers here. :)
Great, that is what we are looking for, a solution that helps but doesn't "unbalance the game". Don't be bothered by all the bluster on the Forum, "civil" debate is what produces better solutions. If you have any questions in the future, just ask, and if all hell breaks loose on "your" thread, remember, it's not about "you" personally! ;)

Iyapo1

I tried to find the answer to my question about a relic shortage in my FS first and discovered that other players had the same frustration.
There is a tournament change coming. It could drop any day now. It has already dropped on European servers, US servers are delayed until??? @helya ?
It will really help with the early game relic shortages. You are not alone this is very much a problem and it is in the process of being mitigated.

Players ask for changes all the time and some of them are great! You were not asking for a change you just ask a question, also great. Dont take Dew personally. Dew likes a lively forum and is often really inflammatory to achieve that, Brin too, Soggy too. I am never inflammatory , never!!! But sometimes I lie.

Dew Spinner

There is a tournament change coming. It could drop any day now. It has already dropped on European servers, US servers are delayed until??? @helya ?
It will really help with the early game relic shortages. You are not alone this is very much a problem and it is in the process of being mitigated.

Players ask for changes all the time and some of them are great! You were not asking for a change you just ask a question, also great. Dont take Dew personally. Dew likes a lively forum and is often really inflammatory to achieve that, Brin too, Soggy too. I am never inflammatory , never!!! But sometimes I lie.
Who's being inflammatory now? And this goes to my point....the Devs have already made the early chapters easier, put highlights and extra info in the factory builders menu to "NOT build non boosted factories" and changed relic distribution in Tournament, shortly. Do we really need another change in the game?

Dew Spinner

The below isn't inflammatory??

Dews snarkfest moved past you a long time ago. You did not ask devs to change anything you ask players a question. I hope we were helpful.

@Dew you started your snarkfest with:

Yes, this Forum could do with a lot less Snark! So snark less.

DeletedUser29768

the Devs have already made the early chapters easier, put highlights and extra info in the factory builders menu to "NOT build non boosted factories" and changed relic distribution in Tournament, shortly. Do we really need another change in the game?
No, we don't. I think we've established that pretty well.

DeletedUser29768

Ignoring the facts, isn't establishing things, I have been respectful without snark while others have blasted me. Please don't ignore others behavior and project their behavior on to me.
Sorry. I was specifically referring to the balance of relics, which I think we can all agree will be improved by the upcoming changes (and would not be improved by a trading system).

Gladiola

I remember discovering the Sims (when they were on The Sims 3 plus some expansions) and the joy of reading not only the manuals but also the game guides and discovering all the ways you could do things.

OIM20

Have I over crarfted? Yes, because cetain buildings came up in my MA, I researched them, found out that they ae important, so I cafted the. I couldnt ask if that was the right thing to do if I couldn't create a forum account.

I don't believe there is such a thing as over-crafting. :) As for the buildings you've crafted out of the MA, I would point out that pulling them out of the rotation so you can see the military buildings more often will be helpful to you at this early stage. Military buildings continue to show up even if you have them in inventory or placed in your city, thankfully. That includes the unit production buildings. (The traveling merchant series also shows up perpetually in the MA, btw. I'm fairly certain the Orc Nest is another that is on forever loop - thank you, devs! - and I'm not sure about the Mana Sawmill. I haven't seen one since it was the 'prize' I got out of the Mystical Object in Elcysandir, but there are so many recipes for it to randomly pull from.)

By crafting the bases for the various evolving buildings and things like the chess set and Moonstone Library set, you move them out of the rotation of recipes that will come into your MA. For now, that is excellent; but I would suggest to you to not place them until you are further along, unless you are willing to use your Royal Restorations to level them up. I just crafted the main ML piece (the library proper) in my Elcysandir city where I just entered Fairies (it's an expensive craft at 25 CCs) during this event - for quest # 51 actually, shown here. As it gives 50 VV it more than fit the bill. ;)
The exception, I feel, would be the Mana Plant and Gum Tree once you have a chapter 4 copy and are in chapter 5. At that point, you can use those two buildings and 1 RR each to fulfill the "upgrade 2 buildings to level 5 or higher" quest.
When the next event comes and you have the quests to obtain spell fragments, I would evaluate which of the buildings might be of most use to you in the near future and disenchant that one from your inventory. That will put it back into the rotation for you to craft the base/set piece at a level that benefits your city most, rather than putting in a chapter 1 Brown Bear and having to upgrade it all the way to chapter 6 (or what have you).

Edit: explained a bit more here.​

But if you did place that base and have already evolved it some, it's better to keep it and use the RRs in my opinion. Others may disagree. That's fine - we all have our preferred way of playing. I just feel like those blueprints are much harder to come by than the RRs and if you've already used some to make bear artifacts and then applied those artifacts to a low level base, better to then use the RRs to level up the base as you move through the chapters. It's only 9 RRs, and you can only level it up one chapter at a time. And if you fight in encounters, I would definitely consider keeping that building leveled up a priority. It's next on my event building upgrade list in Elcy. ;)

Please keep in mind though that there isn't a "right" or "wrong" thing to do - just a choice that has both positive outcomes (such as moving the building out of rotation to give you a greater chance of seeing a building recipe you want/is useful to you now) and negative outcomes (such as taking up your admittedly limited amount of CCs and spell fragments in lower chapters). Deciding which is more important to your goals with your city is something we can't do for you. (And I personally wouldn't want to because I find the idea of cookie-cutter Elvenar distasteful.)

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Soon. Very very soon. I'm not permitted to announce it until I have permission, which hopefully I'll get, you guessed it, soon.

Since Inno likes to start changes with the beginning of the relic cycle, would it be safe to say the change will not happen until Marble tournament week?

DeletedUser29768

I would suggest to you to not place them until you are further along, unless you are willing to use your Royal Restorations to level them up.
Buildings are assigned a chapter level when they enter your inventory. Do they automatically upgrade if you place them in a new chapter?