• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why do evolving and set buildings not give city score

Qybyrn

I'd bet this has been discussed many times before, but what is the reasoning that evolving buildings and set buildings don't give any city score? It seems like a penalty. There are chapter 17 cities with way higher scores than me, although my city is clearly better. Not that I care about city score, I'm just curious about the logic behind this decision to score penalize people for having what are suppose to be the some of the best buildings.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Yep, it's been discussed. I've never seen an explanation given. Since I've managed to go to zero houses in both my Ch16/17 cities, there are cities below mine in Chapter with higher scores than me, lol! And in the Ch17 city FS (that goes all out on FA's), when I teleport armories/sentient/T2&3 factories to create room, my score drops drastically (once it was 200K+ less for that week!). I've had FS members ask me what happened when they saw me sliding down the member list, lol!
Can you tell I don't care about score either? ;) But, still, knowing the rationale would be nice.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
I don't have a definite answer but my best guess is that it's supposed to be incentive to avoid running a city entirely on event buildings. My understanding is that they built the core gameplay and how the tech tree culture buildings were related to the chapters and so on before regular events were a thing, so I think it's probably an attempt to keep that somewhat balanced; if they also gave score, people might stop building the regular buildings entirely and just wait for the event buildings that gave what they needed. I've noticed the same weirdness with how my city is currently balanced: I'm about to enter chapter 7 but my score is under 20,000, lol! Most people at roughly the same place in the chapters seem to have 2-3 times that many points.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Yes. Definitely discussed. I have evolved buildings, event buildings, a couple of sets, premium culture buildings and whatever else that doesn’t add ranking. Inno used to promote replacing event buildings with new ones which I did for years. Oh well! I also have blue houses & workshops, factories and a lot of AW. I obviously love my city ❤ I can excel in whatever aspect of the game I want to or just do what I like to do. Most of my experience from the beginning was with likeminded players who did care about personal ranking and FS ranking. I am currently #1 ranking on Elcy and enjoying being proud of the city I have built while it lasts. That was a huge milestone to accomplish. :cool: Here on the forum you will hear ad nauseam that ranking doesn’t matter. Of course that is easy to say if their play style and city doesn’t allow them to be top ranking while also being able to accomplish their goals in normal gameplay. *Let the attacks begin! I’m tired of it*

The point is that you can do both.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Buildings you get for free, and do not use culture or population when you place them, have never given ranking points. Put your mouse pointer over your rank and it will show you the only places the points come from: working population, culture in use, world map progress, AWs, and bonus points won for finishing top 100 in tournaments.

Bellerefon

If you consider pop and cult as the cost of a building, then event buildings are free while in the meantime you get some nice benefits, but you don't get the points. Maybe that would be unfair for the other structures Doesn't look like a penalty to me. More like you win some, you lose some story.
It is just a matter of choice, you weigh down and you put to the floor or not. If it helps you or makes you happy, do points matter? If they do then choose another path. As you can see there are plenty around. No right or wrong here :)

aerondor

Agreed. Event buildings are already pretty awesome, especially if they are levelled up to 10. But also consider: they give population and culture in additional to their special bonuses. That population and culture lets you get points from some of the other buildings - don't forget that.

My level 42 residence gives me 8803 points, because it takes that much culture. And lets me get another 14700 points from other buildings due to the population it gives.

My witches hut doesn't give me points directly, but does provide 26640 culture (enough to support three residences!) along with another 5760 population. So it allows me to earn more than 32k points from other buildings.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
I'd bet this has been discussed many times before, but what is the reasoning that evolving buildings and set buildings don't give any city score? It seems like a penalty. There are chapter 17 cities with way higher scores than me, although my city is clearly better. Not that I care about city score, I'm just curious about the logic behind this decision to score penalize people for having what are suppose to be the some of the best buildings.
Your score is based on how much population you have working and how much culture your city uses.
The only buildings that break this rule are ancient wonders.

I would make no sense to add fictional points. evolving buildings already give pop and culture so already indirectly give ranking points like any other building that gives pop or culture