• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why is there no pet food in crafting?

Fearless Thunder

Pet food is deliberately rather rare and no changes have been made to the frequency that it appears in the Magic Academy. The developers want players to have to choose which pets they use it on. They also do not want to make it too easy for cities with multiples of the more favorite Pets.

To increase your chances of Pet Food appearing make sure you're checking the Magic Academy regularly and have nothing cooking in the Relics recipe slot at the reset, as that is where Pet Food appears. You can also use Sips of Clarity to change the recipes for additional chances at getting what you'd like.

There will be some additional options for small amounts of Pet Food in the Future, but you will always have to be selective about which Pets you use it on, Pet Food will never be one of the items that will be easy to hoard.
Nope,used to get it all the time. I went from having 14 to TWO. Some kind of change was made,trust me because I have never run out before,but am dangerously close to ZERO now. it was never "rare" it used to be in rotation and that has VANISHED

Fearless Thunder

The fact remains that there are a LOT of useless buildings and other items that should be taken out of the rotation. Yes, those that 'enjoy the fight' have become spoiled with the extra boosts that the pet food and the troop boosts buildings provide for that aspect of the game. However, there was a time that those 'extra added attractions' were not available at all in this game. To shower our game with those advantages and to allow people to realize the asset they are to enhance our battles and then to cause them to be 'few and far between' does seem unfair somehow.
Why offer building that need food then withhold same? if this continues I will replace those buildings with something more worthwhile that doesn't require BEGGING. I already stashed 1 bird(can't feed it if I wanted to so why have it?). I have 4 more birds and 3 bears. if I cannot feed 1 once per week,there is something wrong. Put in more pet food and cut out the relic crafts. I don't need relics and after the tourney changes I doubt anyone else needs them either. The 6 hour rotation is fallacy,not happening. pet food should be offered at least 1/ 24 hours IMO

Fearless Thunder

Pet food is deliberately rather rare and no changes have been made to the frequency that it appears in the Magic Academy. The developers want players to have to choose which pets they use it on. They also do not want to make it too easy for cities with multiples of the more favorite Pets.

To increase your chances of Pet Food appearing make sure you're checking the Magic Academy regularly and have nothing cooking in the Relics recipe slot at the reset, as that is where Pet Food appears. You can also use Sips of Clarity to change the recipes for additional chances at getting what you'd like.

There will be some additional options for small amounts of Pet Food in the Future, but you will always have to be selective about which Pets you use it on, Pet Food will never be one of the items that will be easy to hoard.
I used up all my charity sips trying to get pet food to appear LOL

Zoof

Anyway whomever labelled this as "not a bug" is wrong because this is a BUG when it's been 5 days without a pet food showing up. So what else would you call it?
Sorry to say, but we've seen these kinds of complaints before and we're told time and time again that it's not a bug, no matter how much we wish otherwise.

We're told that it is, in fact, "Working as Intended."

As if we're supposed to be poor. As if we're supposed to be trying to figure out how best to use a very limited resource. If you were rolling in that resource earlier (as you have stated), that is an unusual state of affair, not the sudden lack thereof.

Nerwa

As if we're supposed to be poor. As if we're supposed to be trying to figure out how best to use a very limited resource. If you were rolling in that resource earlier (as you have stated), that is an unusual state of affair, not the sudden lack thereof.
I don't think "poor" is the goal; more like "middle class". The game is actively designed to prevent players from getting everything (or at least, everything at once), or even from getting lots of things easily. Roadblocks - limited city space, limited & inconsistent availability of premium items, the ongoing shift towards non-multiple and incomplete event buildings - are an essential part of keeping a strategy game challenging. The challenge is to find ways around the roadblocks and/or to adapt to them.

I consider Elvenar to be a good game because (among other things):
  • mostly there are multiple ways to deal with challenges;
  • hitting the 70% - 80% point on any given activity/item is usually straightforward;
  • 70% - 80% is in the reach of free-to-play gamers;
  • a player is unlikely to completely bottom out but can always rebuild given enough time; and
  • there are many opportunities for success (weekly recurring events, starting new cities, new premium prizes).

Moho

Chef
I consider Elvenar to be a good game because (among other things):
I roughly agree with your standpoint. I for one am not a big fan of fantasy anything, and I didn't expect I would be playing this game for so long. But the fact that I'm relatively given the means to set my own goals and reach them my own way causes me to still enjoy playing Elvenar.

Another reason for my still hanging around here is this very forum and the way it works. I think it manages (to a certain extent) to turn a large bunch of random players into some sort of community. It contributes to the overall feeling of escapism that I think many people are after.

Last edited:

shimmerfly

@Fearless Thunder
Patience grasshopper. The game is about balance. It helps to remember the dry spells are going to hit your city and plan accordingly.
I understand the frusration and it's hard not to get what you "need".
Makes it challenging and causes planning on your part so when the scarcity hits your prepared?
As Helya said, there are changes in the works.
Hope your luck changes... and it will.

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Nope,used to get it all the time. I went from having 14 to TWO. Some kind of change was made,trust me because I have never run out before,but am dangerously close to ZERO now. it was never "rare" it used to be in rotation and that has VANISHED
Helya is the community support expert; she knows what she's talking about. Saying "Nope" doesn't make her statement any less true. It's a fact. Just because you were lucky in the past doesn't mean you must be lucky for the rest of your life. If you "used to get it all the time," then why didn't you stockpile it? That's what you should do ... stockpile during the good times and use them in the bad times. And 14 pet food is not stockpiling. There are many members with 100s to guard against the lean months. Right now I have a little over 50, and every time I see them I grab them knowing how quickly that can be depleted.

Basically, there isn't any more advice we can give you than what everyone has provided. It hasn't changed; it's just a lean spell. Guard against them in future and you'll do well.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I already stashed 1 bird(can't feed it if I wanted to so why have it?

There are a lot of pets that are valuable without being fed, because they give goods, kp, portal profits, etc, and you don't have to do a thing. Feeding them gives you an extra boost, that's true, but if you choose wisely, many pets are valuable even if you never feed them.