• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why is there no pet food in crafting?

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Pet Food is not available to craft every 6 hours. The possible choices to craft are refreshed every 6 hours, but there are many different options and the odds of Pet Food showing up are not that high. This isn't a bug, it's a function of how the Magic Academy works. You'll have to figure out which pets are the most important to your gameplay style and only feed them occasionally or you will be out of food most of the time. We're not intended to be able to keep all the pets fed all of the time. :)

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Fearless Thunder Something else to consider is that every crafting item in the Magic Academy is assigned to a specific one of the five available slots. For example, every single building available to craft in the magic academy is in the same slot. This is also why you never see the option to craft more than 1 type of building in the MA at a time. Furthermore, if you are in the middle of crafting a building when the recipes rotate, then you do not see a new option for buildings in the new selections. In the case of pet food, it shares the same Magic Academy crafting slot as artifacts and relics. Therefore, if you are in the middle of crafting relics or artifacts when the crafting recipes rotate then it is guaranteed you will not see pet food as a possibility in the new selections. To maximize your chances of seeing pet food, make sure this does not happen.

Fearless Thunder

Pet Food is not available to craft every 6 hours. The possible choices to craft are refreshed every 6 hours, but there are many different options and the odds of Pet Food showing up are not that high. This isn't a bug, it's a function of how the Magic Academy works. You'll have to figure out which pets are the most important to your gameplay style and only feed them occasionally or you will be out of food most of the time. We're not intended to be able to keep all the pets fed all of the time. :)
I have not had pet food to craft for 5 DAYS

Fearless Thunder

@Fearless Thunder Something else to consider is that every crafting item in the Magic Academy is assigned to a specific one of the five available slots. For example, every single building available to craft in the magic academy is in the same slot. This is also why you never see the option to craft more than 1 type of building in the MA at a time. Furthermore, if you are in the middle of crafting a building when the recipes rotate, then you do not see a new option for buildings in the new selections. In the case of pet food, it shares the same Magic Academy crafting slot as artifacts and relics. Therefore, if you are in the middle of crafting relics or artifacts when the crafting recipes rotate then it is guaranteed you will not see pet food as a possibility in the new selections. To maximize your chances of seeing pet food, make sure this does not happen.
You aren't understanding,I changed nothing in how I play. I had 14. Now I am down to TWO and it's been 5 days since I was able to craft 1. This is pointless if you have 5 birds and 3 bears(NO, I only feed the fire Phoenix). So what's the point of having buildings that support pulls the rug out from? it's really to the point of being ridiculous

Fearless Thunder

To add onto the above comment, use time boosters if you can to make sure that slot is finished in time so you get new options before the switch.
I am on several times per day. I understand the rotation,but the pet food is NOT there. If it's "random" then the randomness has dropped to ZERO

Fearless Thunder

Anyway whomever labelled this as "not a bug" is wrong because this is a BUG when it's been 5 days without a pet food showing up. So what else would you call it?

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Anyway whomever labelled this as "not a bug" is wrong because this is a BUG when it's been 5 days without a pet food showing up. So what else would you call it?
I would say this sounds like one of the "droughts" that I've heard about that happens on occasion to some. I actually have someone in my fs right now experiencing a drought of military buildings currently. It will hopefully stop soon and get back to the usual.

Nerwa

I would say this sounds like one of the "droughts" that I've heard about that happens on occasion to some. I actually have someone in my fs right now experiencing a drought of military buildings currently. It will hopefully stop soon and get back to the usual.
My Ceravyn city is in a lengthy military building drought, ugh. Maybe like one a week for the last month, and none this week! It's only ch 3 so I haven't been able to build a stockpile & I am *out*. Khel-city is in a dry spell but there I have reserves.

The Random Number Generator is capricious entity.

Flashfyre

It isn't a bug, because a bug (in programmer terms) is an error in coding that results in an unwanted effect across the entirety of the program, for all users. In this case, since there are players who have been crafting pet food in the MA recently (myself included), there is no coding error to be fixed.

One of the challenges of this "game" (and I use that term loosely, when technically this is a simulation) is that of managing one's resources. Budgeting for droughts, spending economically rather than profligately, weighing the cost/benefit of each expenditure, all necessary skills for successful city building.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Pet food is deliberately rather rare and no changes have been made to the frequency that it appears in the Magic Academy. The developers want players to have to choose which pets they use it on. They also do not want to make it too easy for cities with multiples of the more favorite Pets.

To increase your chances of Pet Food appearing make sure you're checking the Magic Academy regularly and have nothing cooking in the Relics recipe slot at the reset, as that is where Pet Food appears. You can also use Sips of Clarity to change the recipes for additional chances at getting what you'd like.

There will be some additional options for small amounts of Pet Food in the Future, but you will always have to be selective about which Pets you use it on, Pet Food will never be one of the items that will be easy to hoard.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
My pet food inventory is hovering around same number and I use at least 4 a week, which means I am getting at least 4 back. But I haven't seen those 500 diamonds in the MA mystery object chest in months…

shynner

The fact remains that there are a LOT of useless buildings and other items that should be taken out of the rotation. Yes, those that 'enjoy the fight' have become spoiled with the extra boosts that the pet food and the troop boosts buildings provide for that aspect of the game. However, there was a time that those 'extra added attractions' were not available at all in this game. To shower our game with those advantages and to allow people to realize the asset they are to enhance our battles and then to cause them to be 'few and far between' does seem unfair somehow.

Fearless Thunder

It isn't a bug, because a bug (in programmer terms) is an error in coding that results in an unwanted effect across the entirety of the program, for all users. In this case, since there are players who have been crafting pet food in the MA recently (myself included), there is no coding error to be fixed.

One of the challenges of this "game" (and I use that term loosely, when technically this is a simulation) is that of managing one's resources. Budgeting for droughts, spending economically rather than profligately, weighing the cost/benefit of each expenditure, all necessary skills for successful city building.
I am very economic, but after 6 days of no pet food to craft, it it's not a bug, it's sheer failure to support your OWN game. if you aren't going to support the game players,what's the point of continuing? It's to the point now it's ridiculous

Fearless Thunder

My pet food inventory is hovering around same number and I use at least 4 a week, which means I am getting at least 4 back. But I haven't seen those 500 diamonds in the MA mystery object chest in months…
I use 2 per week and have dropped from 14 to TWO because there are none to craft

Fearless Thunder

I am trying to understand why pet food is not available more often. It perplexes me that the event's main building has been something that would require pet food. There has to be a way to offer it more often.
I've sent numerous tickets in about this. So far,they don't seem to care. They suggested I come here rather than solve the issue