• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why no global chat?

DeletedUser2231

I have to say, not only from a boredom perspective, but a money perspective there should be some sort of global chat. As it stands, I've played I dunno, 3 weeks about and I'm only in the third age but I can't do anything but do daily rounds for the fellowship, polish everyone in my local neighborhood and start up some production. If people had global chat, at least you could talk while doing the mundane and even more, people stay "in game" which gets them looking at the diamonds section more which in turn leads to more cash for the game. It just makes so much sense, I don't understand why it's not in game.

If it's something that will be implemented, then I've oops'd. Hopefully that's the case though.

DeletedUser61

I don't understand why it's not in game.
A few of the other InnoGames titles do have a Global Chat, and it's a cesspool.

Global chat is accessible to anybody, so you have to have the ability to ignore the miscreants, and the Game Mods would have a due diligence obligation that doesn't exist in Fellowship Chat, which is the purview of the Archmage and the Fellowship Officers.

That said, hopefully there'll at least be a convenient way to send mail to your neighbors with whom you are sharing Tournament provinces.

DeletedUser2231

Global chat is accessible to anybody, so you have to have the ability to ignore the miscreants, and the Game Mods would have a due diligence obligation that doesn't exist in Fellowship Chat, which is the purview of the Archmage and the Fellowship Officers.

That said, hopefully there'll at least be a convenient way to send mail to your neighbors with whom you are sharing Tournament provinces.
They could easily add an "ignore" feature to weed out the chat trolls, it wouldn't even take moderation really. I guess if you have kids or whatnot that could upset some people, but it's getting boring unless your fellowship is lively in the evenings.

DeletedUser594

The tenor and tone are so different here that I can't imagine global chat would be the mess it is over there. I was playing recently and the game put me off- my neighbors had threatening city names and several extorted Kp's in exchange for not looting you...it was a harsh feeling being back there after playing this game for a while now. The demographics are so completely different as well- what do they have over there- my guess is male-mid 20's with too much testosterone is the leading demo, and since it's slated toward killers you would expect exactly that sort of taunting jeering chat. I think it would be worlds apart here and might be a pleasant way to meet people who don't use the forums.
Tournaments are coming in a matter of weeks Xulu so expect more to do soon.
* I just reread you message and see that I made an assumption that you were referring to Forge of Empires- so my response is specifically about FoE chat

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1053

I have asked this question in the past. I assume a goal of the devs is to make money. I would think it worth the trouble to have a global chat even if there are miscreants. However, I think the average player of this game is not the same as in many other games and so it should be much cleaner.

DeletedUser1652

Every fellowship has different chat because of who the members are. If you are bored in one, try another. I am in 5 different worlds and must say the chat experience is different in all. I think it would be helpful to have a ignore button so you don't lose people because they don't want to listen to the whiners. I think emoticons would also be useful to add and spell check to chat.