• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why push the tournament if it's going to crash the Fellowship Adventure?

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
PLEASE DON'T! So no tournament because of the huge participation in the Fellowship Adventure. I'm sure that was an unforeseen result of players loving the new quest system o_O Today the Fellowship Adventure has actually been fun for me. I do like the planning and participating but hated the old quest system so much that I hated the FA. I and others are actually saying it might be nice to take a break this week from the tournament. It would take a bit more planning for the spell badges but rotating through the 3 applicable spells in the Magic Academy through the FA probably isn't really a big deal for most players. I would just really hate for something that can be worked around and completed to crash the best FA yet :cool:

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I can see that no tournament will be an issue with gathering Magic badges for smaller cities or cities without an upgraded Magic Academy

I know. I have a couple of little cities that I have had to hope & pray I got spells from visit chests before for the ones I cannot make yet in the MA. At least a couple of others in the fellowship were able to make the ones some of us others could not make yet. At least the MA doesn't take diamonds to upgrade to level 2 so that is a bit of help keeping it going around the clock.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Magic badges for smaller cities or cities without an upgraded Magic Academy
I think sometimes those of us with maxed MA's forget what it was like at lvl 2 (I'm guilty; didn't stay at lvl 2 long enough to remember it, lol!). But lvl 2 MA's need 13hrs for each PoP and EE spell. The MM spells will take them 26hrs each. The smaller cities/FS's will have a hard time without a tourney.

Edit to add: we were depending on me and a couple others with maxed MA's to do the MM's as we get fewer of those from tourneys. We will adjust, I'm sure. And if they can't handle the traffic, I'd just as soon not mess up the rest of the FA either...

NightshadeCS

I certainly don't want to crash the game, but doesn't it seem logical that the developers, knowing that a tournament is usually running side-by-side with the FA, factors that in to their calculations as to how many magic badges they are going to require in waypoints? If this is the case, then there is absolutely no way that not having the tournament start with at least enough time to complete it before the end of the FA will not skew the results and standings that fellowships are capable of attaining.

I propose that Inno, if they are not able to run them both simultaneously, normalize the magic badges for this lack. Either change the requirements in the waypoints, or give us some free badges to compensate.

@Deborah M, I know you have some other smaller cities, but your main one, in a fellowship averaging over 700k points per player, is really out of the norm, and perhaps you are not fully sympathetic to those of us not in such powerhouse groups. The lack of a tournament severely hampers our abilities to get wand badges, and is not rectified with a simple adjustment in planning. We have always been able to place fairly high in the FA, and wands are often what keep us from completing waypoints.

Calenmir

If they must cancel the tournament, and I do hope they don't, then next week's tournament NEEDS to be the Marble tournament. There are still many players who need the relics to max their boost and they rely on tournament play heavily to get that. Completely cancelling it wouldn't be right.

I personally want it to go on so that I can collect the needed spells for the FA - and the relics to keep making those spells.

Socrates28

I have a feeling that this delay will not be cured overnight because it really is a hardwear and bandwidth issue. Considering that line of thought I suggest that they might well cancel the tournament for this week all together because as they cannot handle the traffic now they will not be able to to so by Saturday when the tournament was supposed to end and the FA is still going on. Considering further for those of us who have put out buildings for the event (I put out 2 MMM, 2 UUU, 1 ELR and a Pet Food as it was a Push Week for our FS) ask to have them replaced because it was their failure to anticpate their own success and not our failure. I have already done so.
While I love the new format FA I am really annoyed at preparing for a tournament and then not having it start as it has for all the time I have played this game.

DeletedUser

Considering marble is a boost of mine that I'm still looking to max out, it is a double whammy for me if they cancel the marble tournament as well as the military buildings I already placed. Worst part is finding another MMM in the Magic Academy is like finding a needle in a haystack. Here it's finding a MMM in a sea of flames, unicorns, coin rains, supply windfalls, small KPs, etc LOL

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I'm hoping there's a bean counter running around going 'how much revenue did we fail to collect in the past year+ by hanging onto an antiquated quest system?' I also hope he's being followed by another bean counter going 'how much revenue will we fail to collect in the next ??? by failing to upgrade our server capacity?' :p:oops:

As far as I can tell so far, the usual sale pop-up pushing the badge packages has not happened yet for this one, unlike the previous FAs, where it popped up early on the first day.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Deborah M, I know you have some other smaller cities, but your main one, in a fellowship averaging over 700k points per player, is really out of the norm, and perhaps you are not fully sympathetic to those of us not in such powerhouse groups. The lack of a tournament severely hampers our abilities to get wand badges, and is not rectified with a simple adjustment in planning. We have always been able to place fairly high in the FA, and wands are often what keep us from completing waypoints.

I actually have Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Dwarves and Faries cities. They are not all in same username and obviously not in my main city's FS. Where I and others in small FS's can make MM spells we are running those nonstop just in case. The smaller ones are running the ones they can. It is a pain! No doubt about that but it beats the FA getting overrun by problems if the servers become overrun or unstable.

I'm just looking at it like the cell phone companies who try as they may invariably end up with instability at times like New Years Eve, major events, etc. I worked in that industry for a period of time so that is what came to mind when the announcement came out about the huge participation in this FA :rolleyes: