• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why should I have to learn all the advanced manufactories?

DeletedUser14396

It took me awhile to learn how how building resources works and that my city is more suitable to produce 1 type of goods. And after a few minutes of cursing at my screen I realized I'm ok with that. I figure I can trade for the goods my city doesn't produce well. And I understand that's just how the game was made. It encourages trading with other players. Teamwork is the key.

My city mainly produces steel. Ok, I can work with that. I keep finding myself with a shortage of planks and marble, but that's what the Trader is for. It slows me down a lot since I'm not in a fellowship, but I'll deal with it. I'll just make more steel factories and less of the others. Also, I won't level them as much.

That being said, why should I be required to research Advanced Marble and Planks Manufactories to be able to get deeper in the Research trees?

DeletedUser3507

I asked that question over 15 months ago, I was told grin and bear it the developers will not change it to only your boosted goods. This is more to slow you down in the game then anything else in my opinion and I have finished the present tree. Chapter 12 is next.

DeletedUser14396

Thank you.

I understand they won't change it, I'm just trying to figure out why I should have to do it. Or for that matter, why they made it that way in the first place?

DeletedUser9601

Just pretend that there's something crucial in the those Planks manufactories that allow your scientists to figure out how to build better Main Halls. Its like this for nearly every game with "tech" research. It takes some suspension of disbelief, but its a fine system.

DeletedUser5521

Or for that matter, why they made it that way in the first place?
"In the first place"...there were no Fellowships when the game began back in 2015 (Jan.- Beta, April - Arendyll/US). It was a couple of months of playing before the big news update "Fellowships Are Here!", so back then peeps were building every goods manufactory, and upgrading them all too, because trading was really limited. Then with the advent of Fellowships, non-boosted manufactories were usually bulldozed as trading became MUCH easier. They have never altered the tech tree to reflect that change in the need for all manufacturies, but then, I've never seen the devs make anything go from mandatory to optional, only the opposite :oops::rolleyes::confused:

DeletedUser8946

Some people actually use non-boosted Manufactories. I was like that until about the Dwarven chapter; where I had to sell them out of necessity. In fact, I'm the only one I know who had all 9 manufactories at Level 15 at one point... But I don't think it's doable, much less smart once you hit the guest race guilds.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
But I don't think it's doable, much less smart once you hit the guest race guilds.

It would be doable, considering there are people who only build 1 of each boosted factory and have enough goods and there are people who build a lot more than 3 of each boosted factory so space isn't an issue either. It just comes down to a persons goals.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
It would be doable, considering there are people who only build 1 of each boosted factory and have enough goods and there are people who build a lot more than 3 of each boosted factory so space isn't an issue either. It just comes down to a persons goals.
Yeah it's doable. A player with 9 buildings (one of each) makes about 60% fewer goods than a player who has 9 boosted only buildings (3 of each).
That's a pretty serious disadvantage though.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
That's a pretty serious disadvantage though.

Except a person building one of everything once they understand the game and boosts are doing it for reasons that do not include efficiency. I know someone who was doing this and for them all buildings looking the same was the disadvantage. ;)