• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Trades Why so many bad sentient goods trades?

Deleted User - 849411552

We actually have a handful of people in Sinya that post unfair trades later in the day, before decay. They grab all the good trades throughout the day then repost them as unfair trades later in the day, keeping the difference for themselves.

Most people that have seen this will no longer trade with them, even if they post 3 star trades.
Hi Elf Emma - I'm also in Sinya and just started trading Sentients in Chapter 12. I've already noticed this pattern - the predators come out at night.

As you said earlier, I would rather use the wholesaler than accept an unfair trade. Bad behaviour should never be rewarded.

Ronaldson

I'm in K world, and I notice the 0 and 1 star trades a lot. Especially with one guy. He's notorious for one star trades for sentient goods, and it really annoys me because if you look at any sentient good...He's got it. I looked at his city, and he seems to only build his boosted goods, so that tells me his strategy is working which is even more infuriating. I've read a lot of these posts about unfair trades, and sadly there's some people who seem to think it's not unfair. They will say things like "Is the person holding a gun to your head?", ya know, that lame argument. The only reason we have a star system is to help smaller players get their stocks built up...Not for Usurers, shysters, and vultures. The other annoying thing is this person tries their hardest to make the number of offered goods look the same as the demanded goods thereby hoping for an accidental click. (i.e. 100,000 for 100,500...) if you glace at that number, you might think it's a 2 star trade which brings me to my next point...I don't think Inno will change this practice, but i do suggest you pay attention to the stars first, and the numbers second....Sadly the vultures have found a way to game the system, and once the cat is out of the bag, that's it....Just try to be patient, and post you fair 2 star or above trades, and someone will take them quick from my experience because people are always looking for fair sentient trades! The people are Hungry for fair Sentient trades! (By fair i mean 2 star or 3 star for the ones who like to play semantics, and have that "are they holding a gun to your head" attitude)

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I'm in K world, and I notice the 0 and 1 star trades a lot. Especially with one guy. He's notorious for one star trades for sentient goods, and it really annoys me because if you look at any sentient good...He's got it. I looked at his city, and he seems to only build his boosted goods, so that tells me his strategy is working which is even more infuriating. I've read a lot of these posts about unfair trades, and sadly there's some people who seem to think it's not unfair. They will say things like "Is the person holding a gun to your head?", ya know, that lame argument. The only reason we have a star system is to help smaller players get their stocks built up...Not for Usurers, shysters, and vultures. The other annoying thing is this person tries their hardest to make the number of offered goods look the same as the demanded goods thereby hoping for an accidental click. (i.e. 100,000 for 100,500...) if you glace at that number, you might think it's a 2 star trade which brings me to my next point...I don't think Inno will change this practice, but i do suggest you pay attention to the stars first, and the numbers second....Sadly the vultures have found a way to game the system, and once the cat is out of the bag, that's it....Just try to be patient, and post you fair 2 star or above trades, and someone will take them quick from my experience because people are always looking for fair sentient trades! The people are Hungry for fair Sentient trades! (By fair i mean 2 star or 3 star for the ones who like to play semantics, and have that "are they holding a gun to your head" attitude)

I don't like unfair trades.
I never understood why people do it with sentinents since thay are world wide.
But for some reason, the way you state your case has made me want to respond slightly for the other side.

I looked at his city, and he seems to only build his boosted goods, so that tells me his strategy is working which is even more infuriating.
[/QUOTE]
Actually, just building boosted goods is what most smart people do.
Why build unboosted goods with lousy harvests? Trading boosted for unboosted is much more efficient.

I've read a lot of these posts about unfair trades, and sadly there's some people who seem to think it's not unfair. They will say things like "Is the person holding a gun to your head?", ya know, that lame argument. The only reason we have a star system is to help smaller players get their stocks built up...Not for Usurers, shysters, and vultures. The other annoying thing is this person tries their hardest to make the number of offered goods look the same as the demanded goods thereby hoping for an accidental click. (i.e. 100,000 for 100,500...) if you glace at that number, you might think it's a 2 star trade which brings me to my next point...I don't think Inno will change this practice, but i do suggest you pay attention to the stars first, and the numbers second....Sadly the vultures have found a way to game the system, and once the cat is out of the bag, that's it....Just try to be patient, and post you fair 2 star or above trades, and someone will take them quick from my experience because people are always looking for fair sentient trades! The people are Hungry for fair Sentient trades! (By fair i mean 2 star or 3 star for the ones who like to play semantics, and have that "are they holding a gun to your head" attitude)

First. New players are not dealing with sentinents.

Second. One and Zero star trades all come after the three and two stars. They are not mixed in. So any accidental clicks are totally on you.

TomatoeHu

Sheets of Color
But for some reason, the way you state your case has made me want to respond slightly for the other side.
Unfair trading is a situation that has made the game less appealing, less enjoyable. Ronaldson points out there is no reason for a smart player playing boosted only to cheapen the Elvenar experience and muddy our trader with bad trades. If an experienced player knows to build the right buildings and can sustain their city, why make the game harder for others by ransoming through the trader.

Although we can all tough it out and try to justify unfair traders - we don't have to as a community. I think if people shrug it off, it sends a message to keep on doing it. But if the community sees that its upsetting and feels the same way, we can continue to discourage this sort of behavior. Banning it would mean no more sharing goods with our fellows, 8:1 trades etc, so knowing we cant change the trader to disallow lopsided trades, not taking those bad trades and letting them expire, sends a better message.

This game's trader, is simply not auction house style and i cant imagine it ever becoming one. Players testing out how the trader works and seeing what they can accomplish is totally normal for those who play a variety of games, and might think to play the same way as other games. Discussing such trades with our fellows and implementing a fair trade rule in our traders, we boycott bad trades and encourage fair trade growth. I think that teaching the community to grow together fairly is one of the best parts of these forums and reflects our community strength in the game as well. the community is an amazing part of this game. There will always be some bad apples. But for every one, we can find and make 25 fair traders per fellowship.

The only world that I am into sentients is Arendyll. So my comments may only apply there.

I don't like the one-star trades, and don't take them. And I try to avoid taking any 2 or 3 star sentient trades from the people who post 1-star most of the time.

But... one of my fellows accidentally discovered the one-star system, and now posts them all the time. He posted bad trades, thinking that decay would not happen to his pending trades, and thought that by posting trades that no one would accept, he would get around the decay. He was wrong about the decay. But someone took his bad trades. And when he posted more, someone took those as well. He doesn't see why he should stop when people are voluntarily taking his trades.

But I don't understand why people are taking those trades. It's not a misclick, which would only take one or two. It is all of them. But when I need sentients, and nothing in the trader is what I need except for the one star trades, I just post my own two star trades. And they are usually picked up within 5-15 minutes if they are same tier, and within an hour or so if they are crosstrades. With such an active, responsive system, surely no one is taking these bad trades out of desperation. And you don't make it all the way to sentients without learning to post your own trades if what you need isn't already offered. So why take them? Are people thinking they are helping out these "poor" players out? Are players parked and don't need the sentients and just want to donate them to people who will use them, rather than just letting them decay?

I am so curious. Maybe I will post my own, and then contact the person who takes them to inquire why. Or maybe not. I hate the one star so much I don't know if I can bring myself to do it.

Ronaldson

We just seem to go in circles on the subject of "unfair trades" so i'm going to leave it alone....Inno seems to think we live in a "fair world" where everyone is going to treat everyone fairly, so that's all i'll say about it...Just wanted to say my peace. The star system is for new players that need to get stocked up in their new Fellowship..."So it is written, so shall it be done, quote the Raven Nevermore"
It's a shame the sentient section of the trader has turned into a common pawn shop....Glad they don't allow it for ascended goods!

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
We just seem to go in circles on the subject of "unfair trades" so i'm going to leave it alone....Inno seems to think we live in a "fair world" where everyone is going to treat everyone fairly, so that's all i'll say about it...Just wanted to say my peace. The star system is for new players that need to get stocked up in their new Fellowship..."So it is written, so shall it be done, quote the Raven Nevermore"
It's a shame the sentient section of the trader has turned into a common pawn shop....Glad they don't allow it for ascended goods!

I'd hate to see what your posts look like when you are going to talk about something. :D