• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

WHY WHY WHY

Zoof

@Zoof So I'm one of the unfortunate people who just won't be able to get what I need because someone else behaves badly. If they can identify those players, why not address them instead of punishing me? I will NOT abandon the fellowship in question to join one where they have the AW's I need. Yeah, I'm at the invisible wall and will probably not be able to advance because I need the AW support in order to get what I need. So I guess I won't be advancing anytime soon. Probably not for a year or more.
No, THEY are one of the unfortunate people because they're locked out. Your recourse is to find another person's AW to dump into and hope to get their runes. Or wait until the person you really want to put KP into has their AW account unfrozen, so to speak. People accrue KP credit every day, so it's a waiting game and trying again each day.

I suspect you're using the app version of the game rather than the browser. With the browser, you can scan the entire world map and plink into anyone's AW you find. You're not restricted to your neighbors nor your fellowship members.

If you insist on using the app, what you can do is find someone else on the world map outside your area, and shoot them a message asking for a spot on their AW. If they reply, click their name in the reply email and the popup will allow you to access their AWs.

EDIT: Clarifying final point with an image
1656373221212.png

EDIT2: Finding someone else on the world map on the app at this moment can only really be done through the rankings panel. There's really no easy way to do it aside from guessing and testing on player rankings, guessing and testing by checking out the players in a high(-ish) ranking fellowship, or use the browser version of Elvenar to scan across the world map. You might also ask people in your fellowship to check out their neighborhood to find people to get into contact with.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
While it is not the play style of some of the commentors here, some players never build a single AW, or maybe only 3 or 4 of the most popular ones, and still play the game perfectly fine. So if people are finding it hard to locate other players with certain AWs, maybe that is a sign those wonders are not wanted, or needed, by most players, and it may be time to scrap them.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I have yet to get a decent explanation as to WHY it was done.
I found a lot of info in the links provided above by @Zoof that answers that question. Here's some relevant ones:
It's not a reset, they need to make some donations. Players need to donate almost as much as they receive to avoid the block. Especially right now with so many donations flying.
^^That was in response to questions about the limit when runes first became able to be used as kp.
It's not the giving, it's the receiving. You need to donate almost as much kp as you receive. There is no reset as that would defeat the purpose of the limit.
Unless it's different on live than on beta you get an additional allowance each day, so if your FS simply stops pushing the little guys then in 24h they will be able to participate in fair swaps again.
Also, when they complete a wonder they get an additional allowance equal to the chests from that wonder.
^^It's the same on live as it was on beta.

The thread is a long one, since it's when the runes changed to being worth kp. It's worth weeding through it to fully understand the explanation. I don't think anyone is trying to say they necessarily agree with everything about how the mechanism works. They're just explaining the limit and the purpose of that limit. Apparently, other features were collaterally affected by that mechanism, but there is no intent to change it at this point afaik. The best you can do is try to understand it so you can make more informed choices.
The amount of donations many players were making is what triggered the mechanism that exists to prevent cities from receiving a lot more kp donations than they donate to others. Receiving/donating normal amounts of kp over time don't trigger it. It is strictly because the player that has the AW has not been contributing to other AW's that creates this situation. It may not be their intention to 'push' anything; they may be smaller/play less frequently/be putting all their kp into research with no inventory of AWkp instants, etc. Still, they may reach the limit if other players start dumping a lot of excess kp/runes into their AW's. And they may not be in a position to do anything about it until some time passes without sacrificing things like needed research, etc depending on where they are in the game.
Note: I haven't converted a single rune to kp and nothing bad has happened to my cities. All my runes are still there and still worth the same as they were when this was released. So, you can skim past those posts about 'what happens if runes get harder to get in the future?' since they really have nothing to do with this mechanism anyway. It's the mass donations that came about because there was a use for unneeded runes that triggered the limit and resulted in mass forum postings of confused players.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
While it is not the play style of some of the commentors here, some players never build a single AW, or maybe only 3 or 4 of the most popular ones, and still play the game perfectly fine. So if people are finding it hard to locate other players with certain AWs, maybe that is a sign those wonders are not wanted, or needed, by most players, and it may be time to scrap them.
Yes, I entered Chapter 19 with only 9 wonders, and have since built one more. I was purposely conservative with wonders to save space, and I have prioritised levelling them over adding another. My avg lvl per wonder is 24.5.

But other players have chosen to build many more, with one player in my alliance having 34 wonders. I am still not sure which approach is better, and I don't think I will reach a conclusion, there are so many variables, so each players approach is right for their play style.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Here is my question. It sounds like to get one of the top chests you would have to be bumping others down the list to smaller reward. I have had a situation recently where a player not in my FS and I were trading KP in an AW that very few people have since it is from the last chapter. At one point there was a person with a lot of AW donated when I was ready to donate a bunch to theirs. I felt that I needed to stop and ask before I passed somebody in their FS who had donated 300 KP. A small amount I wouldn't have hesitated but this seemed like an investment in rune shards. It turned out that the person who had donated 300 KP was not in the chapter to get that AW so after asking what was up I went ahead and did the trade with the person with that AW.

quin629

Good of you to ask if you were stepping on toes but not sure what not being in the chapter to get the AW yet has to do with anything. It's good game strategy to begin targeting rune acquisitions for AWs you know you will want to place at least 1 or 2 chapters ahead of time.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Good of you to ask if you were stepping on toes but not sure what not being in the chapter to get the AW yet has to do with anything. It's good game strategy to begin targeting rune acquisitions for AWs you know you will want to place at least 1 or 2 chapters ahead of time.

I promise it was verified that was not the case. It was a FS member who wanted to thank the AM. My FS members do that sometimes so it made sense to me.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I just wanted to add that if you are in contact with the player/players whos wonders are locked, you could maybe explain what is happening and see if they would/could spend some of their AWKP's on some wonders to help get them unlocked so you could add some more? If you are friends with them I am sure they would at least try to help you out if they have the extra AWKPs/ runes to spend and understood the problem.
Edited to add that the player who's wonder is locked will not get a notification or anything that their wonder can't be donated to so will not know that you can't add more unless you tell them.
Also you can build an earlier wonder that you don't want (and have lots of runes for) and fill the wheel to get broken rune shards to fill the broken rune bar and then use that to fill the wheel for the wonder you actually want. You might have to build and sell it a few times but it works when you are short runes for a wonder.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I don't remember if anyone else already pointed this out, but the KP donation limit is based on the player, not on one specific AW. Let's say the limit for the cap is 3000 KP and a player has 20 Wonders. They could receive 150 KP in each Wonder in the same day, for that 3000, and be locked from receiving any more, at least until they donate some or a few days pass and the limit slowly resets.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
thanks Enevhar... I mentioned that to the player I was trying to donate to. She is currently going around and donating to everyone to see if that will let us donate back.

Katwick

Cartographer
just find someone else with that AW? Unless you're trying to get runes for Chapter 18 or 19 wonders that not many people have built yet, it should be simple enough to find some other players who have built the wonder you want. (ETA: if you're worried about stepping on people's toes, like Flashfyre alluded to, you can look for players who aren't in fellowships, or see if the fellowship overview has specifics related to wonder donation/KP sharing. If they don't, it's likely they won't mind
KPs DUMP

When you're TECH BLOCKED, or simply in no mood to reorganize your city any time soon,

WHY WHY WHY

wouldn't it be a good idea to donate just ONE kps to every AW in your Fellowship and then in your neighborhood?
  • It's tedious, but sort of interesting, and the Contributed ✅️ flag helps speed things along
  • The obvious order is
    • 1-25 in your Fellowship
    • Your Neighbors in whatever order you use for visits
  • Contribute 1 kps to any of the AWs that you haven't previously visited, or that have leveled since your last visit, if there's an open chest
  • When you dry up your kps bar, simply note where you left off, so that you'll know where to start next time.
  • Also note any AWs with interesting potential
RESULTS??? Pretty Surprising
  • If there are a lot of participants you'll be bumped. Thanks for the 1 kps discount.
  • If you retain a BOTTOM chest, you'll get at least a 5 KPs AW Instant, eventually.
  • If the owner is soloing, you'll get a TOP chest, with a ton of awards
  • If you COULD level the AW for less than the Runes@15 + AW Instants value of a claimed chest, it would be good form to ask permission, EVEN THOUGH there's no contributors list after the AW levels.
Am I overlooking something? It seems like an easy way to accumulate some AW Instants, plus an occasional Rune.

Last edited:

Genefer

It seems this AW blocking is about encouraging reciprocity.

No doubt I am lacking in imagination, because I don't understand what a push account is. How does that work - you play in one city under one name and have a city under another and use the kp & runes you earn in one city to level the Wonders in another city?

If a player logs into one city to donate the kp to their other city under a different account? the amount of kp will not amount to much in the grand scheme of leveling Ancient Wonders.

If a player has 2 cities under different accounts and has stopped playing one at least temporarily and they use the runs they earned playing that city to level the wonders in their active city? Well didn't they do the work to acquire the runes so does it really matter if they choose to level the wonders in their active city?

As for the idea of "Poaching" - if a player - any player wants to pay for the top chest in my Wonders, they are welcome to it. I let my Fellowship know if a neighbor is going to take a chest with a large profit so they can bid for it if they want and if they don't than its a lucky day for my neighbor. If someone in the Fellowship needs the Runes than they need to win the bid.

I was invited to a Fellowship that actually had a policy that basically allowed the first bid to win the top chest. I think it was against FS policy to outbid someone if they had contributed 25kp.

I contribute to neighbors who contribute to my Wonders in good faith not who drop 1kp as suggested by katwick.

wouldn't it be a good idea to donate just ONE kps to every AW in your Fellowship and then in your neighborhood?
  • It's tedious, but sort of interesting
  • The obvious order is
  • Contribute 1 kps to any of the AWs that you haven't previously visited, or that have leveled since your last visit, if there's an open chest
  • When you dry up your kps bar, simply note where you left off, so that you'll know where to start next time.
  • If there are a lot of participants you'll be bumped. Thanks for the 1 kps discount.
  • If you retain a BOTTOM chest, you'll get at least a 5 KPs AW Instant, eventually.
  • If you COULD level the AW for less than the Runes@15 + AW Instants value of a claimed chest, it would be good form to ask permission, EVEN THOUGH there's no contributors list after the AW levels.
Am I overlooking something? It seens like an easy way to accumulate some AW Instants, plus an occasional Rune.

Personally, I think it is a rude and any neighbor that attempts it are knocked off. This is especially crass to do within your own fellowship, but I can't imagine you receive much help leveling your wonders. That's just my opinion

Genefer

Perhaps Inno could create a system that allows players to lock their wonders to players outside of their Fellowship that will prevent any neighbors from winning chests that the player wants to reserve for their fellowship members. Or, closing individual wonders to keep rare runes within the fellowship. Of course, at the player's discretion, but I suppose a fellowship could make closed wonders policy if they use the swaps....

Katwick

Cartographer
Personally, I think it is a rude and any neighbor that attempts it are knocked off.
What's rude about a 1kps discount that you wouldn't have gotten, otherwise.

If there were always plenty of full value contributers, then of course you'd get bumped, but the reality is that there are a lot of 3 and 4 player swaps, and they don't cover all the chests.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
KPs DUMP

When you're TECH BLOCKED, or simply in no mood to reorganize your city any time soon,

WHY WHY WHY

• It's tedious, but sort of interesting
  • The obvious order is
Am I overlooking something? It seems like an easy way to accumulate some AW Instants, plus an occasional Rune.
It's also an easy way to get hated by your neighbors, who think you're a particularly egregious poacher and will never trade with you again. I really don't want to be the pariah in the neighborhood, so I wouldn't do that. But to each his own.

Maeryn

3. We've been told not to discuss exact limits. It's suggested that that sort of information is actively modded against.
Why? Keep the ratio needed to give and receive kp a secret. There’s a ratio that only in no knows the only the about the ratio I know is not 1:1. As a player on the new tech I’m still playing wonder catch-up especially since I went from chapter 1 around Memorial Day to chapter 7 Labor Day. My fellowship has helped a lot but I don’t know how much kp I need to give away to prevent not being able to get wonder help.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
To provide as little info on the limits as possible to those who would exploit them?
I *think* that's the rationale. There's also the fact that Inno holds most all formulas, etc very close and secure. Even when players have managed to reverse engineer through crowd-sourcing and gotten formulas extremely close (ex: MinMax Spire/tourney formula), Inno has never confirmed or denied the information.
I'm not sure if they're trying to guard proprietary information or if this is just the company culture.