• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

WHY WHY WHY

SummerAmbrosia

Why anyone would cheat in this game is beyond my comprehension.
I just do not get it.
This is a game.
When my daughter was young (around 5 or 6) she tried cheating when we played Candyland. I worked with her on the issue and she finally understood.
FIVE or SIX years old.
Additionally, this cheating nonsense is harming other players, as the OP explained.
It is absolutely...desperate, deplorable and greedy.

Myne

Oh Wise One
I just do not get it.
This is a game.
When my daughter was young (around 5 or 6) she tried cheating when we played Candyland. I worked with her on the issue and she finally understood.
FIVE or SIX years old.
Additionally, this cheating nonsense is harming other players, as the OP explained.
Greed is one of the seven deadly sins. It is pretty much ubiquitous in our species, unfortunately. I think the degree is the only question.

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
Greed is one of the seven deadly sins. It is pretty much ubiquitous in our species, unfortunately. I think the degree is the only question.
I just do not get it.
This is a game.
FIVE or SIX years old.

8FB1D7FC-8BB2-42F6-A99C-895701AF4688.jpeg

Snowflakes ~ They don’t just come out in Winter anymore and bring on a whole new meaning in human form.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Natural selection has spent millions of years rewarding those who got to the goal first. While homo-sapiens society is working toward something we generally agree is better, there will probably always be humans who will do whatever they can to reach their goals more quickly than everyone else. We're all on a subliminal clock. Our lives are finite. Also, it took around 4 billion years for life to become "aware" and in less than 1 billion years, the sun will render earth incapable of supporting life as we know it. If a "cheater" doesn't cost me anything, I have a hard time caring. "Me" is broad enough to include things which hurt player retention and the experience of new players, so I'm happy that the devs are trying to curtainl it without completely destroying anyone's play. Inno is a business, and if they can't make money and keep enough players for people to enjoy my game, then they will stop running the game. That means sometimes they are going to do things that bother some of us.

Zoof

Somewhat related, but really, I just wanted to share something I read earlier today. The plural of anecdote is not data.

Followed with the line in the story I read it from: "Her mom had yelled a lot the first time [she] tried that one."
Yes, I do read a lot from certain fandoms. Please, do NOT read the original work upon which that fandom is based on. Your sanity will thank me later.
EDIT # idk how many: Yes, I'm guilty has hell for pulling up anecdotes. Mostly mine. But I do so very much enjoy pulling together a sense of how things might be when many other stories are taken together. So much so that when the noggin under the tophat starts grinding, I might even be able to entertain others with what might pass as "wordsmithing" if you squint a bit and tilt your head somewhat.

Last edited:

StarLoad

My son is an exterminator and he says that they are better for us hoomans since the snap traps can cause “things” to escape when it snaps on the rodent from inside and on the outside.

Ed

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
My son is an exterminator and he says that they are better for us hoomans since the snap traps can cause “things” to escape when it snaps on the rodent from inside and on the outside.

Ed
I believe it . I would have to use one of the thingees that keeps them alive then let it go outside . Yep .. I’m one of “those” people lolol . I can’t kill anything well …unless it’s a spider …. Then I’ll happily pull out my 45 to take care of that !!! Ohhh they gimme the heebee jeebees!!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One

Ed
We've had a lot of trouble with mice since the city made it illegal for cats to go outside and stcuk on a licensing cost even though they aren't allowed outside. I've been forced to use a mix of poison, sticky and snap traps. Each tends to catch some mice the others don't. Some just won't go for the poison bait, some are able to scamper across the sticky traps or jump over them, some just avoid the snap-traps.