• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why would you leave a FS without a word?

Shellizzie

I know you are all right. It is just frustrating. I have had more than one person do that and it annoys me. I guess because I would never do that. Oh well, the game goes on

DeletedUser3507

If your fed up with FS visits or other conflicts, you might. I did.

DeletedUser5800

There are several reasons why this could happen. Could be that they saw the chat for the first time and thought, well that's annoying. Could be that they saw a FS message that indicated they had bit off more than they intended. Could be they went to doing visits and decided it was to much to keep up with, felt to small, saw a name they didn't want to see everyday, ect, ect,. Could be they just wanted to peek in the room and then run back out from the beginning for various reasons... There is no telling why humans do what they do (especially if they are aliens) but once they have decided to run away they almost never then respond with reasoning because for whatever reason they suddenly wanted to wash their hands of the whole business and never look back. Best advice is to respond in kind and never worry about it, easier for them to run and hide from the perceived 'to muchness' if no one is looking for them anyway. ;)

ekarat

If they were only there for minutes or a week, I think it's fine for them to leave without saying anything. If they've been there for 6 months or more, then that's different.

Still, I think it's legit to look for another fellowship that might suit your needs better.

Shellizzie

I guess because it is not something I would do, I am frustrated by it. But I get it. I know people leave for various reasons, I think that is totally acceptable of course, it just confuses me as to why they would leave without a word and then not respond.
But it is the internet so people are different here than in real life.
And it is just a game.
So life goes on :)

DeletedUser3087

I joined my FS and started giving tips that I learned here and the archmage promoted me to a mage and I thought I was helping people, then one day I come on line and she had promoted me to the Archmage and then she and a couple of others left without any warning or reason. I messaged a couple of them and they said they left because they thought I wanted the Fellowship so they thought they would give it to me. They never sent me messages or anything about my suggestions or that there were any ill feelings.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I joined my FS and started giving tips that I learned here and the archmage promoted me to a mage and I thought I was helping people, then one day I come on line and she had promoted me to the Archmage and then she and a couple of others left without any warning or reason. I messaged a couple of them and they said they left because they thought I wanted the Fellowship so they thought they would give it to me. They never sent me messages or anything about my suggestions or that there were any ill feelings.

weird

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Not necessarily. If they went off and formed a new fellowship, that's one thing, but maybe they were just tired of the game, or didn't find the group rewarding. It's even possible that the previous AM was playing more than one account, and the "people" that left was just one person. it's really pointless to ascribe motivations to other people. We're almost certainly wrong when we do it, and if we aren't, so what? What's the gain in guessing why someone else did something?

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
@Russio , Sounds to me like your previous Archmage was looking for a way out, doesn't sound like there was any bad feelings, seems like she seen you were helping and would be a good replacement. Kind of sad that she didn't explain herself first though, I agree with Ashrem that she maybe was playing more than one account, the previous Archmage of my fellowship was doing that, then just quit. I had to get support to remove her after a couple months.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Russio
I had a strange experience that was in a way the opposite of yours. I joined one of the higher up FS, and when someone asked about wonders in chat I posted an edited version of the list in Mykans guide. Well it turned out the leadership did not appreciate anyone sharing information without going through them first. I can understand that, perhaps they have a specific message or narrative they use, and don't want conflicting suggestions.

A couple days later the subject of tournaments came up, and I had my "Why tournaments are great, and how they can benefit you" speech all typed up from my other FS and sent it to the AM with instructions to use/ignore/alter/discard any and all of it if they wished. That's when I got a bizarre message asking me who I thought I was, and asking why I want to be in the spotlight etc etc. So yeah, that was my 4th and last day in that FS.

No real point to that story other than people are strange all over.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
@Russio
I had a strange experience that was in a way the opposite of yours. I joined one of the higher up FS, and when someone asked about wonders in chat I posted an edited version of the list in Mykans guide. Well it turned out the leadership did not appreciate anyone sharing information without going through them first. I can understand that, perhaps they have a specific message or narrative they use, and don't want conflicting suggestions.

A couple days later the subject of tournaments came up, and I had my "Why tournaments are great, and how they can benefit you" speech all typed up from my other FS and sent it to the AM with instructions to use/ignore/alter/discard any and all of it if they wished. That's when I got a bizarre message asking me who I thought I was, and asking why I want to be in the spotlight etc etc. So yeah, that was my 4th and last day in that FS.

No real point to that story other than people are strange all over.

lol
i'd have to chalk that up to someone being insecure. I can see being annoyed if a new guy came in and started right off with "you know what we should do ..." or " in my old fs we used to ..."
but to object to someone just sharing facts? especially after you ran it by them? yeah, i'd say that guy was insecure in his position.
personally I love having people who can answer questions. even when they correct my ( few and far between ) mistakes

DeletedUser6205

I love the Fellowship that I am on. But to tell you the truth I accidentally signed up for it the day I stared playing. I didn't even realize I signed up. So I would suggest that maybe some of the people maybe new.

Or maybe they just didn't mean to sign up under your fellowship. Who knows. Either way it's just a game and we do have to remember that. And the only way you will know for sure is if that person does email. Otherwise this is all here say... Good luck to your Fellowship!