• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

wiki info

vivianb

I tried to log into wiki this morning and got this message, the first time I ever got a warning for this site—any info on what might be going on here????
Your connection is not private​

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from us.wiki.elvenar.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

To get Chrome’s highest level of security, turn on enhanced protection

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Something is broken in DNS or their own pages. us.wiki.elvenar.com is currently redirecting to br.wiki.elvenar.com, whether to type it in a browser or go to the in-game link

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
There is no us.wiki. It has always been en.wiki for all English-speaking markets.
OK, so I guessed wrong. It wasn't as much about whether it exists or not, typing us.wiki.elvenar.com took you to a foreign language wiki instead of "page not found." and clicking the in game wiki link took you to the same place.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
We've been using metric since the mid 70s and no one ever tried to take away my yardsticks. You might be over-stressing.
Lol right? They reissued new ones, metre sticks, with both metric and imperial.
Hmm, I smell a business opportunity here, Canada excels at blending the two, you should see our measuring cups. Also, there were the stickers for car dashboards. I lived on the border, and can still convert weather, or mph with kmph.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
OK, so I guessed wrong. It wasn't as much about whether it exists or not, typing us.wiki.elvenar.com took you to a foreign language wiki instead of "page not found." and clicking the in game wiki link took you to the same place.
You’re not wrong. It is a DNS issue because us.wiki.elvenar.com has a redirect, albeit improperly set up. Cause you can’t just type wth.wiki.elvenar.com and get a redirect. So the domain us.wiki.elvenar.com was created and exists versus an arbitrary domain that doesn’t exist at all, like to.wiki.elvenar.com to reach the Tonga wiki. Also, I have already reported the wiki defaulting to Portuguese as a bug in the past.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
i got the security warning message when going to wiki as well. If i 'accept the risk' it jsut goes to tribal wars 2 log in page; not wiki

Nightguest

Ex-Team Member
Can you please let me know if this issue remains?
I've tested it on my end and it now auto re-directs (without a warning) to the proper wiki. However, I need to make sure that this is not just a local browser setting on my system.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Can you please let me know if this issue remains?
I have no idea why... But on one of my comps; when i click the wiki button it goes to the wiki. On the other, it still goes to tribal wars 2 beta. But i can get to wiki if i put the address in manually...

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
not sure why.. or how.. but when i click the wiki button from in game, im still taken to tribal wars 2. On my other comp, it takes me to the wiki like it should... 0.o

Villanesque

Ex-Team Member
not sure why.. or how.. but when i click the wiki button from in game, im still taken to tribal wars 2. On my other comp, it takes me to the wiki like it should... 0.o
I cannot reproduce it any more.. could you try clearing your browser cache and cookies on the affected machine?