• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Will a New World Improve Anything?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
What I wish they'd consider doing is asking for volunteers to move to a new world from one of the other seven. Letting us improve the density of activity around us. I'd happily give up ever having another chance at a blueprint for having 100+ active neighbours. Instead, I imagine a percentage of my neighbors will jump worlds and abandon the one I'm on for a chance at more activity,

Vergazi

I'm doubtful that a new server will help much with anything except keeping big holes open on world maps. I would like the option to move over to other servers though, that would be a great thing, but if it were used as a profit-making service like in other games it would not be so great imho. I continue to believe that as IG moves forward into implementing new game content/features that Blueprints will at some point become craftable as soon as there are more options for diamond spending.

On the other hand, as far as the map goes, lots of gold pits can be a quick way to get extra gold without all the loading screens and since relatively few people actually give NH much lately ( lots of new, small cities appearing that are promptly dead ) then it saves all of the time waiting for loading screens. As far as relocating on the same World goes, I might have done that if it weren't for a few cautionary tales in these Forums about after having been moved the city is suddenly in an even worse situation.

All things considered, I'd rather the new World was named Philadelphia. o_O

EDIT: While it didn't improve anything in terms of problems on other servers, I rather enjoy the new server since with all of the cities small at the beginning it is much easier to find both trades and new members to join fellowships.

Last edited:

Alistaire

It's not actually meant to 'improve' anything per se, but more to prevent bad things and allow a bit of competitiveness for things like Blueprints :)
Can you be more specific on how that would work though? Doesn't make any sense to me. Blueprints aren't a competition between players so that's out, and "prevent bad things" is about as vague a statement as possible.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Can you be more specific on how that would work though? Doesn't make any sense to me. Blueprints aren't a competition between players so that's out, and "prevent bad things" is about as vague a statement as possible.
Agreed. I can see it improving the odds of making top 100 in FA, or top 100 in the tournament, but not much else.

I think the only thing it really does is let new players have a place where they don't feel like they'll never catch up with everybody else. And that's probably good for the bottom line. But each time it feels like the older worlds get a little more dull.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member

To expand upon her statement, during major activities, such as the Fellowship Adventure (FA), the server does overload. With a new server and individuals moving to a new one, it will free up the existing one. Essentially, with spread activities, there will not be major or "bad things" happening such as one that took place during the introduction of the new FA mechanism. In theory of course.

Alistaire

To expand upon her statement, during major activities, such as the Fellowship Adventure (FA), the server does overload. With a new server and individuals moving to a new one, it will free up the existing one. Essentially, with spread activities, there will not be major or "bad things" happening such as one that took place during the introduction of the new FA mechanism. In theory of course.
Yeah from a server stress perspective that does make perfect sense; was probably even the catalyst for deciding to make it. Maybe we'll even start getting tourney rewards right when tourney ends again. :)

DeletedUser51

Can you be more specific on how that would work though? Doesn't make any sense to me.

It's really not that complicated - new players coming in really have no chance of forming a top 10, top 50 or even top 100 Fellowship right now. A new world will give players an opportunity they currently do not have to actually start their own. It has been over 2 years since we have given players that chance.

As for me being vague about 'preventing bad things', that was intentional. Can I say that Harandar will stop lag during FA's or Tournaments or whatever else comes along? Absolutely not. Can I say that ever increasing numbers of players on existing worlds participating in this type of thing can cause lag? Absolutely. Can I say that having another world will help prevent the existing 7 worlds from bearing the full brunt of all new players? Yes I can.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
This may help with technical stuff, but it will still be another failed wasteland like the last two servers. When Sinya Arda was added, I thought to myself that it was a good time to start a second city on a brand new server, as the opposite race and with a fresh start and level playing field, etc. What I ended up with were horrible neighborhoods and never finding a fellowship of more than 10-12 members, and lots of cities who played a little bit and then quit, just like on all the other servers. So I quit that city after getting into the guest races and never went back. My original, and current, city is on the first server, Arendyll, and it is still a wasteland around me, with close to 80% of my over 250 discovered neighbors being dead cities. How about instead of adding yet another US server, Inno cleans up the ones it already has. I don't give a crap that these long-gone players bought and spent diamonds in their cities before quitting two or three years ago. Get rid of them. Or played past a certain chapter, while not buying diamonds, then quitting two or three years ago. Get rid of them. Free up server space that way.

shimmerfly

How about instead of adding yet another US server, Inno cleans up the ones it already has. I don't give a crap that these long-gone players bought and spent diamonds in their cities before quitting two or three years ago. Get rid of them. Or played past a certain chapter, while not buying diamonds, then quitting two or three years ago. Get rid of them. Free up server space that way.

Exactly These stagnant cities are doing no one any good. Get rid of them.

qaccy

Perhaps one day Elvenar will implement a system that automatically purges dead accounts after a certain time. Usually something like this does have a fairly long period of time before it happens (a year or more), but there are certainly cities that fit that bill here. Attempting to shuffle active players togetherwhile also moving inactive players away is almost literally trying to sweep the mess under the rug instead of just cleaning it up, and isn't as effective as we'd all like it to be since no matter where they go, inactive players aren't really a benefit to anyone who's playing the game.

Also, obligatory mention that Forge automatically deletes cities after up to a year of inactivity, depending on how advanced the city is. It doesn't even matter as much there in terms of gameplay because inactive players are not only excluded from the neighborhood system, they get filtered out of it after only a few days of inactivity so nobody really even sees them at all.

Vergazi

I remain convinced that storing away the game data for "dead cities" or :inactive accounts" with a easy way of reactivating/placing them would be the fairer way of addressing all of these issues. So many of the smaller cities are people having other server diamond farms or just small projects as something to do when they are waiting for a 3 day scout on their main city, perhaps? Whatever the case, surely, if a player has as their city name some form of "quit elvenar" or "left game" then something should be done. Maybe a "report dead city" button for cases where it is undeniably clear what is going on.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Even if all they did was move every city that had been inactive for a year to a group of holding servers, then shrink the existing servers to have only about 30% spare capacity for new players, it would feel a lot more lively. People logging in to the year-old-inactive accounts could be transported to a relevant neighborhood on the live server.

Deleted User - 312108

I am sorry, yes it gives newer players a fresh place to play. Server stress, I'm sorry, you seriously need to address your performance issues. There are many areas in the first worlds that are literal barren wastelands where players struggle to trade and play. Adding a new world does not truly address any of these issues and are a tourniquet, not a band-aid and nothing that will actually address underlying performance issues.

This is even after being moved on US2

Attachments

• IGUS2.JPG
    IGUS2.JPG
    970.2 KB · Views: 101

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Oh, and you know what else this is a distraction from? The amount of time it is taking to add Chapter 15. This feels like Inno giving all the players done with Chapter 14 something else to mess with. Just like that is how the Spire feels to me. They are throwing stuff at us who are at the end of the chapters to try and keep us "entertained", so we do not get bored from waiting and quit.