• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Will get through Chapter 16 or break trying.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Less than 4,000KP go. So feel free to visit my city's latest Subdivision: ChapterXVI
1668708776169.png

Three Ferris wheels and 24 carting libraries. Hoping it will cut completion from 14 more weeks to 9

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I have the opposite problem, as I have been KP locked several times in this chapter waiting on guest race production. Right now I'm waiting for propositions to unlock the next research. Should be able to open the next research in 3 days.
It's probably my large stockpile of timer instants and Portal Profits, but i've not had to wait for anything but KP.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
It's probably my large stockpile of timer instants and Portal Profits, but i've not had to wait for anything but KP.
Even at the very start? :oops: I sat for weeks at the first embassy & improved embassy techs. Granted my once-a-day playstyle is terrible for 3h productions, but I also used a lot of timers and even if I logged in 4x as much I would have been techlocked.

Even at the very start? :oops: I sat for weeks at the first embassy & improved embassy techs. Granted my once-a-day playstyle is terrible for 3h productions, but I also used a lot of timers and even if I logged in 4x as much I would have been techlocked.
Yes, this is where I am. I haven't gotten to research needing capped resources yet, so PPs aren't useful yet. Making 120 every 3 hours, needing a total of 4600, takes almost a week without using time boosters. And that is with a level 30 BTG.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Timers. (I think I had about 500xtwo-hours and 1500xone-hour and about 100 each of 14 and 8 hour) I stopped progressing anything but AWs a couple of years ago when Ch 16 was the top, and pre-filled KP for a bunch of stuff. I was able to plop down a bunch of buildings the first day and then use timers to power through the first few techs and upgrades until I caught up with the pre-spent KP, Any time I hit a non-kp bottleneck, I dumped more timers

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Timers. (I think I had about 500xtwo-hours and 1500xone-hour and about 100 each of 14 and 8 hour) I stopped progressing anything but AWs a couple of years ago when Ch 16 was the top, and pre-filled KP for a bunch of stuff. I was able to plop down a bunch of buildings the first day and then use timers to power through the first few techs and upgrades until I caught up with the pre-spent KP, Any time I hit a non-kp bottleneck, I dumped more timers
You might want to save some of those timers. Ch 17 is MUCH slower than ch 16. In fact, I hated ch 17 more than I did Orcs. And I didn't think that was possible cause I REALLY hated the Orcs & Goblins chapter...

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
In fact, I hated ch 17 more than I did Orcs. And I didn't think that was possible cause I REALLY hated the Orcs & Goblins chapter...
^^This.
Some of the things I remember most about playing this game:
The Saturday we finally got the 4th tourney chest for the first time. What? It was a big deal back then!
Our first 10th tourney chest (a couple years later, so yep, still a big deal!)
The first FA we finished in the top 10. Our regular rank was 140-something at the time.
Granite: I live near the Granite Capital of the World; I see trucks hauling granite from the quarries around here regularly irl. I have a granite retaining wall at the front of my yard near the highway. There are old houses made from granite in this area. Never in my wildest dreams had it occurred to me there could be a shortage of granite. Then, I met the Dwarves in Elvenar.... Really glad I hung around with the Fairies longer than absolutely necessary to recover from what I thought was the trauma from the Dwarves. Nope, not even close to traumatic, it can now be looked upon as a fond memory of my naivete.
Because I met the Orcs. That's trauma. At best can be seen as the ungainly, adolescent phase of growth for the city. Since when did Elves (or Humans either for that matter, though I've never been a Human in Elvenar) think it was a good architectural move to design their houses along the same lines as a giant toilet? And the fashionable color for absolutely everything? Flat, muddy brown. Variations with assorted tints of yellow and/or green swirls very 'in'. Color can also be easily replicated in a baby diaper. Ew. Not only do we have to live with this daily, we're also going to be here for. ev. er. while I collect enough dung (ew...again...I was recently collecting ambrosia, what happened to that?!) to deliver enough mushrooms so they'll get high and wander off! I absolutely thought the Woodelves were the cutest little boogers I'd ever seen!
The years pass, I meet new races, have new experiences. Learn about mana and divine seeds and how to best make and use those resources. Then I went sailing, in what Elvenar generously called *ships*. Little did I know, they were rickety dinghies with one broken oar that struggled to stay afloat holding a couple dozen oysters for the pearls I needed in vast quantities. Some other *ships* were equipped with one cane fishing pole, some string and a hook, but it wouldn't have mattered. Even if I'd had proper equipment/space: There were not enough shrimp in all the oceans of Elvenar...
I am now parked for the foreseeable future in that city. I've recently decided to move my other city forward in chapters after the first of the year. It's been parked at unlocking Ch16 for awhile. But, I'm not sure the city that went through that growth phase first will ever be ready to move forward, lol!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@samidodamage Actually the shrimp were not the worst for me. I did pretty good on them. But I made a miscalculation near the end of the chapter. I actually needed 10,000 more Antiquties than I first thought. Getting those extra 10,000 keys really prolonged the misery. :( And it was truly heartbreaking because I basically overlooked this requirement for one of the final tech advances. So I thought I was good and getting ready to advance. And then suddenly realized I was way short on this good. Totally my fault. But when you realize you need way more of a guest race good than you first thought, it is never a good feeling..

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
16 and on are worse than watching paint dry or grass grow...Those chapters are endless even with the resources to produce, the timings are the hurdle. 10000 hours to produce 2 items!!! LOL, well it feels like that.
Seriously.
I had lost interest in advancing because of the tournament formula but after so long parked here I needed more of a challenge. The problem is though that there's no skill required. No strategy. No shuffling of buildings to fit the biggest settlement possible, or anything like that, just
"log in every 3h"
That's it.

Tech costs 8,500 amendments
8,500 amendments take 23 productions in the portal
portal production requires 2 embassy productions
=

And that's all with a level 30 Blooming Trader pushing things along.
I don't know how many times you should be expected to log in, or how many timers you should burn, but I've moved off my
"Let's see how well I can do these next few chapters"
to
"I guess doing one tech per event for a "Research a technology" quest is kinda strategic..."

bkbajb

I am almost done with 16 and it has been a grind. But I am not in any hurry so it does not matter. Once I open 17 I will be working on upgrading the techs that I do not have time for and working on my AW's. After 6 years I am happy with my progress and could care less how long it takes. I find it a challenge trying to stay ahead of the goods and chapter items for the upcoming tech. At the end of the day it is just a marathon game and not a sprint.