• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winning! (or not) Battle Insights and Observations share yours

DeletedUser2963

Both...depends on number of squads and composition. Also province number. Exclusively manual fighting in most of 5 and 6 and catered all but one fight in province 7.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Anyone else wondering how cerberus will perform in this tournament over Axe/sword? With 2 mage units I am curious how it will perform in relation to the normal race specific troops. Perhaps combinations of light melee will be useful? Anyone planning to use the drone rider?

Look forward to people's observations on this one.

DeletedUser3696

I just ran through 5 magic dust tournaments using 5 squads of sinister Cerberus for about 90% of the combats. All combats were on autofight. They were extremely effective. Granted these were also all the first level of each tourney, but even with some steinlings thrown in, they were good.
So far I did 10 provinces with the dogs. If there was 1 steinling I used a barbarian and if there were 2+ steinlings I used all paladins. Got thru it quite easily I think.
What are other peeps thoughts/results?

DeletedUser594

The cerb 2 in my elven army have been more effective in many cases than archer bcs of the terrain that isn't allowing me first strike with Archers but may leave them vulnerable to mages. They are one shot killing many mages, two max. The steinling takes 2-3 shots most of the time if using cerb 2. I've been going all cerb w/one golem. The golem can usually hit an archer while getting into position for the stein

Using sinister cerbs in my human army reall opens up the field and makes first strike against steinling more likely. Averaging about 2 hits on stein, one on mages, 2 on archers.

Dryads anyone? I took out an army of 5 and put them up against an army of mages(8)/archer(31) and here's what I got. After looking at theirt stats I see they weren't the best choice. They have a defensive bonus against the mages -30% and they have an offensive bonus against Heavy Melee which I guess I won't get to try out today bcs of lack of open province spaces:
eefbb478a149b850b6853bd99c8918af.png
That's not bad consifdering it's dryad one

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3707

I found 3 priest's II 2 paladin II pretty effective,( I see why they took the priests shooting range down, they would have been a little too effective), I like they can move more than one space now., As for archers they have the higher initiative to give you first move, the enemy will get to use all his archers on you first if you have none.(not to big a deal if you have a troop with a buff against them though). I found them better than they were before, but not my first pick when better troops are available. Glad you made this tread varron, I was wanting to do one like this myself, so thanks.

Never heard of Priests or Paladin yet so hard to explain to new FS members. Will be sending them here. lol

Thank you

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
The priests and paladin are the human races equivalent to sorceresses (mage unit) and treants (heavy melee unit),

DeletedUser3707

The priests and paladin are the human races equivalent to sorceresses (mage unit) and treants (heavy melee unit),

Thank you so much. I'm Elven no wonder I didn't know.

*****Currently at beginning of Chapter 5

Tauriel Dragonwood

I've given up fighting for a while since the new Battle System became active because my troops are outnumbered. But that hasn't stopped me from enjoying the game. Here's some of the creatures I've encountered, who I used to be able to intimidate. Now all I can do is negotiate.

Dangerous & Beautiful Creatures Out 'N' About In Elvenar

Oh my! Came across a Ferocious Swamp Monster lurking in the Steel Province. He has a Special Ability: Mud Blow. He can throw some mud into your eyes, decreasing defense for 2 rounds. Hey, isn’t that dirty fighting? I’m pretty good at dodging mud but he is accompanied by two Thornrose Mages. They can cast the Thorn Winds spell. When you get hit by this type of spell, you are peppered with enchanted thorns that suck the strength out of you for 3 rounds. Yiiii!

While strolling in the Scrolls Province, came across an evil mage called an Abbot. He can cast Pretended Pacifism. An evil curse disguised as a sermon about peace to lower your attack power for 2 rounds. All these dangerous beasties are going to be a challenge to defeat.

But no need to fear. There is also beauty here. Dragons are employed in Level 24 Workshops to help with the shipping. When they deliver a package to you, please no tipping. Elvenar has a University you must see. Where younglings attend classes taught by a dragon reading them a story.

Need some goods at a reasonable fee? Stop by the Blooming Trader Guild. It’s always buzzzzzzing with activity. Halflings do not like to brandish arms. Gardeners they be, tending their Grape Farms.

As I've said before and will say many times more, the artistry and animation of Elvenar’s buildings are sweet nectar for the eyes. As we elves say, Have a tree mendously fun day.