• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Event Advice?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Try to keep a few easier provinces unscouted, because you will definitely be asked to scout provinces in this event. Also, save some (or make some in the MA) MM spells for when you need to produce goods. When they say "produce" goods, you'll have to make them; you won't be able to buy them in the trader, so MM spells will really help get you through those.

Oh, and make sure to look on Elvengems for the list of daily prizes, and save your currency to spend on the days that there is really something good to get.

Tehya1

make sure to look on Elvengems for the list of daily prizes, and save your currency to spend on the days that there is really something good to get.
I looked at Soggy's sheet, and I can pass on a lot of the dailies. I need buildings that do more than just culture unless the culture is really good, except for the candy cane unicorn lol. I am collecting unicorns :)

DeepTerminal

If you don't have them, Goblin Gift Shop is one of the best pop buildings in the game and (in some chapters) gives more pop than magic res. They will most likely repeat as a daily reward towards the end. They are without a doubt the most valuable prize from this event.
I have a ton from the last time they were offered, but I'm planning to get more so I don't have to spend RR to upgrade my current ones.

Iyapo1

Something else to keep an eye out for....Inno puts some pretty spectacular tiny buildings in the boxes- they are not announced and there is no list but make sure you check out the little buildings quietly shuffled on the boards. Last winter event I got frozen giant shrines (2x2) and frozen tree stump magic(1x2). Tiny culture buildings that are pretty awsome per square.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Myne
When I was in lower chapters, I developed a strategy for handling all the 'buy kp' quests that worked well for me:
Outside of events, I only bought kp with coins (several kp/day most days but my city kept up with the rising costs as it progressed). Then, during events, I used boosted goods to buy the kp for those quests. Yes, those costs went up as well, but since I only used them for event quests, it still kept the numbers manageable.

Myne

Oh Wise One
@Myne
When I was in lower chapters, I developed a strategy for handling all the 'buy kp' quests that worked well for me:
Outside of events, I only bought kp with coins (several kp/day most days but my city kept up with the rising costs as it progressed). Then, during events, I used boosted goods to buy the kp for those quests. Yes, those costs went up as well, but since I only used them for event quests, it still kept the numbers manageable.

Thanks. I do ok with buying KP, but some of my fellowship members really struggled under that last event because there was so much KP to buy. This event looks much better. I will pass your suggestion along to any who may need help with the KP

DeepTerminal

Actually, all three 3x3 pop/culture buildings with almost the same amounts: Goblin Gift Shop, Winter Star, and Father Tree of Candy Canes, are all available in the event, so not as much stress trying to focus on just one.
Winter Star gives less pop than Goblin Gift Shop. Father Tree hasn't appeared yet. So Goblin Gift Shop remains as the best reward in this event.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Winter Star gives less pop than Goblin Gift Shop. Father Tree hasn't appeared yet. So Goblin Gift Shop remains as the best reward in this event.

You have not been paying attention or you have had horrible luck. I have 6 Father Tree of Candy Canes in my Beta inventory so far from the event because I rerolled the daily prize. Plus the Tree is one of the "minor" extra buildings that might show up to be won on each board of 16 boxes.