• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Event Blocked.

Sue-Lynn

I have come up against a brick wall. There is only one option to "DO 10 ENCOUNTERS," without an alternative option for Spire or Tourney encounters. It takes me 5 days to scout a new province which means that without long-time boosts, I have to wait TWO WEEKS to fulfill this game quest! To add insult to injury, no long-time boosts are coming up in Magic Academy! How is there no option to do a different encounter or couldn't Inno provide players with enough time boosts to complete new provinces more quickly. I HAD kept some provinces open for exactly this situation, but Inno seems to repeat this kind of quest back-to-back which prevents my progress (and prizes) in the event, as I used those up quickly. This is wholly unfair. Support responded that: " We are very sorry you do not have 10 encounters available. Unfortunately, we are unable to interfere with the event quests. We will forward your feedback to our development team." This is not a helpful response as surely there should be some fix available. As it is, I find the progress in the event very slow and the ability to acquire more prizes is therefore limited. Surely the development team can come up with some acceptable solution? I made sure to purchase the Stash Outpost and the Royal Prizes in order to get the most out of the event and now I am prevented from doing so. Come on, Inno.... find a solution, quick! I have already spent $$$ to maximize prizes in the event. I am SO disappointed and it severely limits my enjoyment of the game/event. It seems that players who have advanced far in the game are at a number of disadvantages that smaller cities don't have to deal with. Very disappointing.

Aritra

This doesn't help now, but for next time.....
Between events (and a bit during), I craft timers more than half the time (all sizes, except not often fives due to lots from Spire and surplus since I don't use these as often as 1 and 2 hrs). I don't rely on the Spire or only during the event to acquire these wonderful assets. I have more than enough. My current inventory shows (4)-20h, (8)-8h, (214)-5h, (46)-2h, (342)-1h, (113)-45m, (72)-30m, (54)-15m, and (34)-10m. I have more than I need, but this is preparation for convenience which comes in handy often, and most appreciated during events. I can push scouts, manufactories, and upgrades at-will, allowing me to catch up regardless of my RL schedule interfering with access to the game.

My current scouting is almost a day and a half but I've had no issue due to backstock of timers. I am not concerned about my growing scouting times; I doubt I'd struggle much when I reach five days due to my timer obsession. Also, being beyond the so-called Orc Wall [controversial here, not interested in reopening that can of worms], I scout regularly. I think I started this event with 10-15-ish (I don't recall exactly, it was a lot) provinces ready, and scouts also operated during the event. Being so far progressed into the game, you should already be familiar with these tools and preparations, but perhaps it has been an underutilized tool and should be reconsidered for more incorporation into your gameplay. Still three weeks left so you should have time to acquire timers from the MA and Spire and push through. Good luck with the rest of the event.

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I've had this problem too. It's frustrating and could be avoided with an alternative way to fulfill the quest. One thing I did this time was scout like crazy and get 8 provinces (64 encounters) ahead. Unfortunately, I'm already down to 23 left exactly because the "get relics" and "do encounters" either fall between the tournament and/or Spire gap or the alternative is for tournament when I hit it on Saturday, or the Spire if I hit it on Friday. In either case it's either use my province encounters, or wait a couple days. Since I got back from my trip 4 days late I'm playing catch-up, so if I want to finish all the quests I, too, have little choice but use up the provinces I've saved. A bit frustrating, though not as bad as the "tournament encounters only" quests.

As for time instants, when you are trying to save them for the FA, using 120 hours to do a scout, then another 120 hours to do the next for one quest, seems very, very expensive. It would pretty much wipe out a lot of my instants savings. Of course, there are those who say one could make the tough decision to not do the FA or not do the event fully, but that's sort of like asking you to not eat either the hamburger or the fries when the whole meal is what you paid for in the first place.

AJ

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am in chapter 19 and my scouts take over 5 days each, but I never stop scouting, because as a long-time player, I know they will be needed in events to complete quests.

And if you are on the one that asks for 10 encounters, then you are on the once-a-day quests also There are still 21 days left in the event, so chill down some and relax and catch up on the quests in a week or so, once you finish this one. There is nothing super special in the daily prizes you might miss out on by having to wait.

Raccon

There are lots of stuff that don't make sense and need to be addressed. In the mean time, one way to save provinces is to craft relics in MA so your provinces would be preserved exclusively for the quests that requiring solving encounters.
Yesterday I had to make some nonessential relics for the sake of a quest just to save my provinces for encounter quests.

defiantoneks

i am always scouting, like people already mentioned. and as some, i only complete regular province battles during events. i usually have a full page of provinces available when an event begins. combined with being forced to scout for some quests (since completing techs at high levels is often impossible), i get a couple more as i go.