• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Event - Set buildings as daily prizes

• Thread starter DeletedUser12423
  • Start date

DeletedUser12423

Hey friends,
I know I've only been here a short time, but I would like to say it's been nice to meet you and be a part of the community. I won't be doing a summary on this event, for personal reasons. I hope you all have fun, and get the most out of it. For me, I think I should find a new game.

I've tried to stay on the positive side of things, and encouraged threads to avoid falling into dark areas. By talking to people, listening and learning, and making new friends, I really got to loving this community. If anything, I will miss the forums the most. So no summary. And trying to stay positive. This isn't directly feedback, it's more of a regret.

After seven attempts of 140, 90, and the last 50 today, I did not get the first set prize. No big deal, right? There will be more, right? And there is always next year, right? Not for me.

Some may remember me suggesting the buildings which provide a local bonus, or adjucent bonus? If not, it's in the Ideas and Suggestions part of this forum. I thought it was wonderful that they implemented it, even if I didn't get credit for the idea. It's possible someone else had the same idea, but moving on. There are alot of prizes I liked and wanted, but passed on to get the set prize (I assume I suggested, I could be wrong) and failed to get in over half a dozen attempts. This makes me very sad. And it is time for me to move on, I think. I understand how those of you who feel the same way, because the set buildings were not grand prizes, they were placed as lottery rewards for only those lucky enough to get them. What a shame. What a good idea, gone bad.

With that said, Thank you Inno for the great game and wonderful forum, I had fun while it lasted. But my final suggestion to Inno:

The set buildings would have been perfect as the grand prizes.

With that, I thank you all for being a great community!
-Ironman Rob

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
That sucks man, I'm sorry about your luck, I've never been a fan of the random rewards myself.
By spending over 1k keys trying to get it you should have won at least 1 building. The wife had a pretty bad streak where she went from 2300 keys to 500 before she won as well. Pretty upsetting.

It's really too bad that there isn't some sort of fail counter so that if you pay more than double you at least get one.
Something like if the odds are 1 in 4 for the big chest, then the 9th chest could give a 100% chance if the first 8 fail.
Or perhaps a growing fail counter so that your first try is 25%, then 30% then 40% etc until you win and then it resets.
Especially now that there are set buildings.

I hope you don't leave, the fresh energy you've brought to the forums is a good thing.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Yeah I failed to get the first set building on my beta account as well, it is very disappointing. I agree the odds for getting a set building should be progressive the more you try and not truly random. I hope as well that you continue playing the game and joining us here on the forums, as I have enjoyed getting to know you and you do brighten the forums with most of your posts!
I wish you the best whatever you decide to do Rob.

DeletedUser5800

If you quit I could totally understand why, the Devs certainly seem to have a knack for figuring out how to turn good ideas into bad ones! But to echo the others, the game and the forums will be worse off without you, always sad to see someone come in excited and happy and bear witness to that fading.
May the wind always be at your back, the sun shine warm upon your face
and the wings of destiny carry you to wherever your happiness grows.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Hello lronman,
It is unfortunate to see you have choosen to leave the game. You have provided a good spirit to the forum and I will miss you in the 15 count game :p. Your poems will be missed too, and as well as the help you have provided at your leisure. I do hope you choose to return when you have taken an effective break from the game. It is sad to see your decision to leave, and I do hope you change your mind :(

~Xelenia

DeletedUser12423

Thank you, all of you ^ ^
Heart felt and I wish each of you the best Happy Holidays!
It's getting very close to Christmas and I wanted to tell my Elvenar Friends, Merry Christmas! <3
-Ironman Rob

P/S=I was accepted by a high level guild who is short on marble boosts, and they are treating me very good here. Infact, they have kept me in Elvenar!
So here's a special Thank You to my new guild, Tolkien. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

DeletedUser12423

Thank you, they closed one of my favorite games in Steam, called Age of Magic. And a couple of my friends moved on, so I have more of a reason to play here then there, now. I didn't realize how many people cared, and I really appreciate you guys and gals! Thank you all for the warm welcome back!

Risen Malchiah

The set buildings would have been perfect as the grand prizes.
I completely agree. In addition, any set buildings available only as dailies should at least show up more than once (instead of unicorns showing up twice or having sooo many 2x2 buildings).

I'm glad you've decided to stick around. You've always brought a welcome spirit of optimism to a forum that is so often mired in cynicism. It's also interesting to see how changing fellowships can be completely alter one's outlook on the game. It makes me wonder how many people quit the game when all they might need is a change of scenery. :)

DeletedUser9247

It's also interesting to see how changing fellowships can be completely alter one's outlook on the game. It makes me wonder how many people quit the game when all they might need is a change of scenery. :)
I suppose a lot of the "above 50K breaking point" dead cities went down 'cause of this.
I dare say fellowship makes or breaks this game. I went through three and better part of the year before I found the perfect one for me.
When your learning curve flattens, so does the excitement for playing. Good company makes you want to participate in everything game's throwing at you, while logging in to see empty chat and minimal interactions from strangers take the air out off you making everything a drag.
:)Glad to see you found your place Rob.