• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic discussion thread

Flashfyre

View attachment 14110

Seriously??? Again?? We have to go through this whooooooooooole thing again??
For ages, everyone complained about those 'fight/negotiate encounters' quests becuase not everyone has spare provences on the world map. You/inno changed it to count tourney/spire for the quest as well. Giving ppl an option to continue. We were happy about that..... so you undo it??! 'Fight' or "negotiate' is not a valid OR. Both requite the same world map provence to be available. Thus we circle back to some ppl being screwed over again... right back where we started....
Stop this.
Why would you NOT have spare provinces available? I always keep 2-3 scouted provinces free for this reason.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Why would you NOT have spare provinces available? I always keep 2-3 scouted provinces free for this reason.
i personally do have some available. But i know ppl that dont, and i understand there frustration. - However, if they keep this up, i might not have many available. Iv stayed put in tech tree for a while, and will be for a while longer before moving on. Every quest like this puts me closer to not having one.

And even from an ocd perspective its rly annoying to go form 'solve x encounters' to 'fight x encounters or negotiate x encounters'.. -_-
Its the same damn thing! Only the first one allows for a real 'or' alternative. And thats what inno was doing for a while; giving a real alternative. For some reason they specifically made this horrible change.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Dominionofgod I'm up to locked quests and that is the only one I remember like that. All the other ones you can complete with map, spire or tournament encounters. That is awesome compared to the way it used to be. I remember having to wait for several days to scout even though I thought I had enough waiting for an event. (adding: and then they came out with time instants :cool: )

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
It is after the start of the new game day, so that sounds correct.

Obviously I know it is correct. I've been in this game long enough to have been here for every event. I did the 97 quests minus 30 days = 67. Forgot to + 1 for yesterday = 68 quests before being locked. Not that it matters but it seems odd to me that it was actually 69. I did not know there was a mix up on BETA that was not fixed. I had just decided that I wanted to go ahead and get the unlocked ones done so I could choose what I wanted to aim for from the start. For years I bought event currency at the beginning of the event so that I could be pretty sure to get all of what I wanted. Now I want to front load the event currency with the quests and wait until toward the end to see how much I need to buy, if any.

Deleted User - 849411552

Just a small correction - Quest #70 is the first locked quest on the live server.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Daily #1, is numerical 68

Start of Daily Quests
1/68. Solve any 8 Encounters AND
Collect 24 Vision Vapor or Scout a Province - 37
2/69. Collect a big amount of Coins AND
Use 2/3 Enchantments - 37
Should have both been available on Tuesday.

According to two sources (one of which was my own Beta test) unless this has been significantly changed for Live release.

Deleted User - 849411552

I'm using TomatoHu's guide: www.tinyurl.com/wintermagic22

So far, her guide has matched exactly with the quests on the live server. The last open quest, #69, was "Collect coins" and "Use 2 enchantments".

I won't see the first locked quest, #70, until this evening, but it should be "Produce Any Goods of your choice" and "Product Supplies or Train Troops".

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I'm using TomatoHu's guide: www.tinyurl.com/wintermagic22

So far, her guide has matched exactly with the quests on the live server. The last open quest, #69, was "Collect coins" and "Use 2 enchantments".

I won't see the first locked quest, #70, until this evening, but it should be "Produce Any Goods of your choice" and "Product Supplies or Train Troops".
Yes that's correct and matches my records.
See how your earlier post could be misinterpreted?

quin629

Speed bumps in the live worlds: in Beta, both #8 and #35 include "buy 8 KPs". In the live worlds, both quests have instead included "produce 3 9-hour goods". Waiting to see which way #57 goes.

Deleted User - 849411552

Yes that's correct and matches my records.
See how your earlier post could be misinterpreted?
No, not really. The live server must be different from the Beta.

Quest #68, "Solve 8 Encounters" and "Collect Vision Vapour or Scout a Province" was an open quest for me, not the start of the "daily", "once-per-day" or "locked quests" (terminology varies). My first locked quest is #70: "Produce Any Goods of your choice" and "Product Supplies or Train Troops".

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
No, not really. The live server must be different from the Beta.

Quest #68, "Solve 8 Encounters" and "Collect Vision Vapour or Scout a Province" was an open quest for me, not the start of the "daily", "once-per-day" or "locked quests" (terminology varies). My first locked quest is #70: "Produce Any Goods of your choice" and "Product Supplies or Train Troops".

Dude, the first daily quest always looks like a sequential quest on day one, if you get to it that quickly. The daily quests start on day one, not on whichever day you first get to them. So 67 sequential and the 1st daily means you can complete 68 quests on day one and then have the lock to wait for the 2nd daily quest.

Deleted User - 849411552

"Dude" is rather rude, but I understand what you are saying.

I reached Quest #69 after the start of the so-called second day of the event, 4 PM PST on Tuesday for me. So #69 appeared to be an open quest for me, as did #68 - #68 being on the first day of the event. So #70 is technically the third locked or daily quest. Understood.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
"Dude" is rather rude, but I understand what you are saying.

I reached Quest #69 after the start of the so-called second day of the event, 4 PM PST on Tuesday for me. So #69 appeared to be an open quest for me, as did #68 - #68 being on the first day of the event. So #70 is technically the third locked or daily quest. Understood.

Dude is a standard American greeting and can mean 20 different things, depending on how it is being used. ;)

Deleted User - 849411552

Dude is a standard American greeting and can mean 20 different things, depending on how it is being used. ;)
About half of those meanings for "dude" are contemptuous, and its original meanings were contemptuous. Of course the meanings have cultural associations, and I assume your meaning was intended to be friendly.

Personally I would avoid this term on an international forum. As a Canadian (British Columbian), "dude" is a city idiot pretending to be a cowboy. Thus we have "dude ranches" for such people. And from TV and movies, I think of "dude" as a rather silly and dated surfer or hippy term.

"David" would be a much friendlier and less ambiguous term of address, as is "Enevhar".

Deleted User - 849411552

Correct. I did 69 yesterday and #70 did not unlock last night. I put the normal calculation in above post so others can figure out when they will hit locked quests based on when they get there.
It is confusing nomenclature! But I think we all understand now when the "daily" quests begin. It is an unusually high number! In the last eight events that I recorded "63" was the highest (using my old way of looking at it), but I may have missed recording the Winter event.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@David Dragonsage OK. I just see posts every single event where somebody is bemoaning the fact that they hit locked quests. I get that. It really is disappointing if you are trying to get one more quest done when you are trying to get a daily prize you really want. So my only reasoning was to maybe, just maybe, help someone out who doesn't know to take the total number of quests minus the remaining number of days to know when they are going to have to wait until the next event day. It is a shame that this event has a +1 variation from normal events. Just note that there is no magic # like "63". It always depends on the total number of quests minus the remaining number of days. Events do not always have the same number of either of those variables.

As for "dude", I think it mostly depends on your age. When I was younger "dude" had a positive connotation for guys. Now, it has just taken on a questioning connotation as far as I've ever been aware. Lighten up!

Deleted User - 849411552

@David Dragonsage OK. I just see posts every single event where somebody is bemoaning the fact that they hit locked quests. I get that. It really is disappointing if you are trying to get one more quest done when you are trying to get a daily prize you really want. So my only reasoning was to maybe, just maybe, help someone out who doesn't know to take the total number of quests minus the remaining number of days to know when they are going to have to wait until the next event day. It is a shame that this event has a +1 variation from normal events. Just note that there is no magic # like "63". It always depends on the total number of quests minus the remaining number of days. Events do not always have the same number of either of those variables.

As for "dude", I think it mostly depends on your age. When I was younger "dude" had a positive connotation for guys. Now, it has just taken on a questioning connotation as far as I've ever been aware. Lighten up!
Thank you Deborah, I had no idea that the number of open quests was determined by (Total# Quests - Remaining Days). I just assumed it really was arbitrary or magical!

As far as "dude" goes, it is an expression that I personally find inappropriate - and many of the people I know in this area would feel the same way. But having expressed my discomfort - hopefully respectfully - the case is closed for me. To not express your feelings (respectfully) is to fall into self-abuse and/or resentment. Not good for either you or the person you are interacting with! Not good for the community we are trying to build.

That's what attracts me to Elvenar. It one of the few online games that encourages team and community building. At least its a worthy goal to strive for.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Quest 49 makes no sense. It says to "collect a big amount of coins OR to use coin rains 3 times." I used a single 5% coin rain spell and that was enough to count as a big amount of coins and satisfy the quest. If a single usage of the smallest coin rain spell can satisfy the first option, what is the point of option b?