• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic discussion thread

hoopity

Quest 49 makes no sense. It says to "collect a big amount of coins OR to use coin rains 3 times." I used a single 5% coin rain spell and that was enough to count as a big amount of coins and satisfy the quest. If a single usage of the smallest coin rain spell can satisfy the first option, what is the point of option b?
Maybe your coin supply is already full and you would rather burn 3 5% coin rains than be bothered to hit up the wholesaler?

Zoof

Quest 49 makes no sense. It says to "collect a big amount of coins OR to use coin rains 3 times." I used a single 5% coin rain spell and that was enough to count as a big amount of coins and satisfy the quest. If a single usage of the smallest coin rain spell can satisfy the first option, what is the point of option b?
It might be a problem for those players who don't keep their Main Hall near or at max level for their chapter, since the "big amount of coins" is adjusted by chapter rather than by Main Hall capacity.

If that was a consideration, then perhaps it's a subtle statement from the developers regarding how they intend players to level their Main Hall.

HJK84

Hey been a while :eek:

Has anyone else noticed.

Every since Event began. My Golden Abyss & Prosperity Towers have been off.
PT = 450k Supply/3 hours (displayed #s on the PT). After I click on it, ~3 times now, the on screen at top # varied from ~880k to 900k+
GA = 5M (I think) coin/3hours (displayed #s on GA). After I clickon it, ~3 times now, the on screen at top # varied from 900 to10+ (around the double of the displayed #s)
My Culture didn't change in the 3 clicks, but I didn't check the "extra" Culture I might have gotten due to EE spells. I'm guessing this is what's causing a huge "buff?" on PT & GA. But I'm unsure... if so, can we get proper #s detailed on the AW's? Similar to Event Buildings?

Pheryll

Set Designer
Hey been a while :eek:

Has anyone else noticed.

Every since Event began. My Golden Abyss & Prosperity Towers have been off.
PT = 450k Supply/3 hours (displayed #s on the PT). After I click on it, ~3 times now, the on screen at top # varied from ~880k to 900k+
GA = 5M (I think) coin/3hours (displayed #s on GA). After I clickon it, ~3 times now, the on screen at top # varied from 900 to10+ (around the double of the displayed #s)
My Culture didn't change in the 3 clicks, but I didn't check the "extra" Culture I might have gotten due to EE spells. I'm guessing this is what's causing a huge "buff?" on PT & GA. But I'm unsure... if so, can we get proper #s detailed on the AW's? Similar to Event Buildings?

Can confirm. It does appear to be similar to the culture bonus (which does not apply to wonders). Apparently the quest is registering more than is actually produced.

michmarc

The tooltip notification when you click on the GA gold production isn't showing the culture boost, although the notification you get in the status bar at the top of the screen [desktop] does show that extra amount. (I assume the same is true for EE and PT, but I haven't checked.)

gold.png

(13728/8320 = 1.65, which is my current culture bonus (160% + 1 EE spell))

Zoof

The tooltip notification when you click on the GA gold production isn't showing the culture boost, although the notification you get in the status bar at the top of the screen [desktop] does show that extra amount. (I assume the same is true for EE and PT, but I haven't checked.)

View attachment 14143

tbh, I didn't believe you. I simply could not believe that over a year of swearing by this AW and its efficacy, I hadn't noticed this tidbit. So I went and ran my own test by finding one of my cities with an uncollected GA. Which usually happens in Zooftopia, Second Of Its Name due to poor placement. Anyhoo. I collected some numbers before and after. No screenshots but here's a log of what I did.

Code:
6877914 current gold
GA says will get 520,000 gold
Display says obtained 884k gold (I think? That happened so fast.)
Now have 7761914 gold
Refreshed game page to ensure a fresh read.
Confirmed 7761914 gold in inventory.
Culture boost at 170%
Culture calc: 1.70 * 520000 = 884000
Actual value: 7761914-6877914 = 884000

So.... yeah. Now I know why the AW feels so effective. What an eye-opener! Gonna tell everyone I know about this

[EDIT: The line reading "Actual value" had a typo in it. It was meant to read "884000", not "8840000" as it was before. My bad.]

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Just so you all know, this change in the Wonders that give coins and supplies seeming to be affected by culture bonus only happened maybe a few weeks ago. Shortly after it started happening, it was reported on the Beta forum as a bug.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Enevhar Aldarion
I thought the same thing when I first read this: bug. But, when I went to the Wiki Culture Bonus explanation it now says:
"... will give you a Culture Bonus, which will increase your base resources production of Coins and Supplies."
(bolded by me)
I expected it to say a version of: ...will increase your coins/supplies from houses and ws.
I don't really know if it ever said that, but I don't remember ever seeing 'base resources' as a term until after event bldgs were introduced that have 'bonus resources' produced.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@samidodamage the culture bonus has always boosted the production of evolving buildings, set buildings and event buildings where the primary production is coins or supplies. I remember years ago where there was a bug that allowed the bonus to apply to the non-primary productions until Inno fixed it. Inno also likes to make stealth changes and updates to things in the game and this change to the bonus to apply to Wonders too was likely one of those, and that made people report it as if it was a bug, when it was intended all along.

Fiona Selah

Actually Boblin & Uli are running a drug ring! They take the orc's mushrooms and infuse them into the Dwarves' Strawberry Beer. After this, they energize it with a blast of concentrated mana. And finally, they grind up some divine seeds and add them to the mixture. They say a single glass of this will make you stay up for 4 days. But you will hallucinate for the first 3! ;)
Will I get hair on my chest and knuckles too??? Must have that....

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Buy KP, Buy KP, Buy KP....

this should Never be a task, Never Ever Ever.....
especially basically 1 right after another...... Sheesh :eek:
I would guess these type of quests hit you especially hard since you play parked cities. By that I mean, the rise in cost of buying KP is much worse for you because you are not going to be upgrading your Main Hall further. A player who is advancing through the chapters will be upgrading their main hall and will probably have an easier time paying because their MH holds more.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas

View attachment 14143

tbh, I didn't believe you. I simply could not believe that over a year of swearing by this AW and its efficacy, I hadn't noticed this tidbit. So I went and ran my own test by finding one of my cities with an uncollected GA. Which usually happens in Zooftopia, Second Of Its Name due to poor placement. Anyhoo. I collected some numbers before and after. No screenshots but here's a log of what I did.

Code:
6877914 current gold
GA says will get 520,000 gold
Display says obtained 884k gold (I think? That happened so fast.)
Now have 7761914 gold
Refreshed game page to ensure a fresh read.
Confirmed 7761914 gold in inventory.
Culture boost at 170%
Culture calc: 1.70 * 520000 = 884000
Actual value: 7761914-6877914 = 8840000

So.... yeah. Now I know why the AW feels so effective. What an eye-opener! Gonna tell everyone I know about this
@Enevhar Aldarion
I thought the same thing when I first read this: bug. But, when I went to the Wiki Culture Bonus explanation it now says:
"... will give you a Culture Bonus, which will increase your base resources production of Coins and Supplies."
(bolded by me)
I expected it to say a version of: ...will increase your coins/supplies from houses and ws.
I don't really know if it ever said that, but I don't remember ever seeing 'base resources' as a term until after event bldgs were introduced that have 'bonus resources' produced.
oh thank joe pesci...!
I thought i was going crazy. I jsut noticed this today. I had been wondering for a couple days as id make room for the supplies from my pt but then i collect and it was maxed out. I assumed i jsut miscalculated.. several times. But i noticed today that wasnt the case. My golden abyss/coins and my PT/supplies were both increased be the culture bonus. And it was driving me crazy. I didnt recall that ever happening before. But i dont recall specifically checking for it either. So im wondering if i missed that.. for years... Or maybe a bug. Tho quite specific if it were a bug. Because i checked my unit producing aws (bulwark, shrooms) and those numbers were not increased. (SO if it were a bug, then it wasnt applying to all aw across the board. Only the gold/supplies. Which are the two things normally effected by culture bonus anyway. Which made me think that maybe it isnt a bug then... but i dont recall this ever happening before... Am i going crazy!?!?!?!? baaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!

lol...
So im glad its not jsut me that noticed this. And im glad it was something recent and im not going crazy or altimerze...

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Buy KP, Buy KP, Buy KP....

this should Never be a task, Never Ever Ever.....
especially basically 1 right after another...... Sheesh :eek:
Iv disagreed with you several times on these fourms... But i 100% agree with that one. I hate that quest so much. I always get angry when a buy kp quest shows up. The only thing more annoying then that quest is having a 'spend kp' followed by a 'buy kp' -_- At least this event, they had a buy kp and spend kp as part of the same quest. At this point ill take any small victory i can get on this matter...
buy-sell quest_01.jpg

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Iv disagreed with you several times on these fourms... But i 100% agree with that one. I hate that quest so much. I always get angry when a buy kp quest shows up. The only thing more annoying then that quest is having a 'spend kp' followed by a 'buy kp' -_- At least this event, they had a buy kp and spend kp as part of the same quest. At this point ill take any small victory i can get on this matter...
View attachment 14196
Yeah for that one I just donate directly to an Ancient Wonder with the Buy KP feature.

Tauriel Dragonwood

I always knew that little building was precious. I've advised my fellowship:
Residences you won’t need to build a ton. When upgrading the Golden Abyss, it increases your population.
Now, it seems, it does a whole lot more.

Last edited:

Tauriel Dragonwood

While relaxing in my dragon’s lair, won a very useful building I’d like to share.

According to its creator, “The Lifeblood Cone is a pool that was carved out of a giant cone. The waters reach deep into the earth and are infused with life energy.” You receive population and mana from it, and it's only 3x3. I would love to drink from this pool, could use more life energy. Elvenar has amazing and gifted artists. Thank you for this much needed addition to my city. Without the help from the Teleport building,
this work of art would still be in my inventory.

The sorcerers guarding the Lifeblood Cone took a break. Shhh, don’t make any noise. I’m quietly taking a few sips from the pool and
now I have energy to help my troops battle those spirits in the Spire.

Mana & Pop Bldg.JPG