• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic discussion thread

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Thank you for the lovely Solstice gift :)

Solstice gift 22.jpg

BrinDarby

Instead of re-using a current bldg... would it kill Inno
to have an actual xmas tree ?? say Father Christmas Tree ??
we could collect them like the unicorns.

StarLoad

Instead of re-using a current bldg... would it kill Inno
to have an actual xmas tree ?? say Father Christmas Tree ??
we could collect them like the unicorns.
First off Brin, not everyone celebrates "Christmas" or"xmas", Secondly why do you consider a free gift as something to complain about?

Ed

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Isn't this the Winter feedback thread? I will add my wishes, but that whole section above belongs in the lounge.

Why did we get a Solstice present, and now we're being told, in a repetitively tedious fashion (in every city) that we are receiving the same present on Christmas. And since we're being annoyed with announcements everywhere, I assume we'll be receiving one in every city as well, right?

Tauriel Dragonwood

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Well, in Elvenar anyway. Thank you game devs for the Father Glitter Tree.
Maybe next holiday we could be rewarded with a gift no one would complain about - a free land expansion. Just a thought.
Happy Holidays Elvenar fans!
image_2022-12-23_095108088.png

Alram

Flippers just flip
Maybe next holiday we could be rewarded with a gift no one would complain about - a free land expansion. Just a thought.

:D I would complain about that! There is no place to store a free expansion. I don't like to put them out until I'm ready for them.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Correct but their value only goes up in time with the game.

Ed

If placed, and there doesn't seem to be a penalty (besides the tournament spire calculation) for placing them early. That is once you place your first one then you would look at the diamond chart for premium provinces citing the row that has one less premium province than what you have (as if you hadn't placed it). I would double check with support, if you are having misgivings about placing them early, but holding on to them for a long term was something they were trying to avoid forcing players to do to get the most out of their purchase.

StarLoad

If placed, and there doesn't seem to be a penalty (besides the tournament spire calculation) for placing them early. That is once you place your first one then you would look at the diamond chart for premium provinces citing the row that has one less premium province than what you have (as if you hadn't placed it). I would double check with support, if you are having misgivings about placing them early, but holding on to them for a long term was something they were trying to avoid forcing players to do to get the most out of their purchase.
I am saving them so as to avoid "buying" some later in game, at the present time I am optimized for that city at the end of Halflings, and do not need the extra space. I may park outside of the sentient goods so as to not make the spire and tourney more difficult.

Ed

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I needed to rebalance my mana/seed production a bit. I have plenty of seeds but mana is becoming an issue. I realized I could delete a Festival Merchant and that 2 Frozen Fountains will exactly fit in the vacant space. :) I don't think there has ever been a set where I deliberately only placed 1 building from it. And don't really want the others.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
What does everyone think of the Chromafrost Glacier? It seems to be one of the weaker evolving buildings. I am currently in ch 19. A fully evolved Chromafrost would give me 3660 population and 11000 culture. Every 24 hours it gives 25,400 T2 standard goods, 3,860 T1 ascended goods, and 3Kp. The population it gives is relatively low. Likewise the ascended goods it gives: the total is equal to roughly half of what I would get from a single 3 hour run in a boosted ascended manufactory. And that is without enchanting it. Standard T2 production is roughly equal to a 3 hour and 9 hour run combined in a boosted manufactory. Or about 1/3 of what I get from a single wholesaler purchase (I have a level 30 Blooming Trader). The best thing about it is the 3KP daily. I am normally a big proponent of evolving buildings and I have almost all of them in my city. But I am not sure this one makes the cut.

Deleted User - 849411552

Yes, I'm giving the Glacier a miss, but several of the extra buildings in this Event have proven very useful.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Who thought it was a good idea to have the final day's quest include make 2 toolboxes? I stop looking ahead at quest lists once I hit the daily lockout so I was caught off guard by this. Because of this I didn't start making toolboxes until the quest unlocked last night. I am just glad the final day has a few extra hours. Otherwise I'd have to waste time boosts.