• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic - Discussion

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Are these base stats or evolved?
They are discussing one of the daily prizes, not the owl.
Since you just started chapter 6 they would give you 536 pop in 9 squares.
A max level residence(once you unlock them) in chapter 6 gives 470 pop in 9 squares (8 plus 1 road)

So, even without counting the + 119 culture that the Goblin Gift Shops would give you, they are almost 15% better than your residences will be.
They're even just 2.5% worse than your residences will be at the end of chapter 7:eek:

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Read all about it here: https://tinyurl.com/y5f62ru3
You are welcome to share our notes with friends and fellowships.
:)

129165352_10218130986846795_6468113700922010605_o.jpg

Frappuccino

I was discussing the evolving building the owl. I'm not sure how people assumed otherwise.

My thoughts on the building are still it's poopy.

Vigali

Seems to me that the owl is actually quite a good building. I'm at the end of Chapter 10, so here is how it breaks down for me:

Chapter 10:
1 level 25 workshop =32,180 supplies per day at a total cost of 41.62 squares
1 level 25 residence = 1,820 pop at a total cost of 17.6 squares.
1 level 19 T3 boosted manufactory = 11,520 goods per day at a total cost of 115.11 squares.
(Note: This assumes 1 9hr/10 1hr productions from workshops, 1 9hr/4 3hr from manufactories, using Lava Codexes to provide the culture, and fully upgraded roads. I know 1 9hr/10 1hr isn't common, but it's how I try to run my productions so those are the numbers I use. I chose Lava Codexes as the culture estimate because they're easily craftable).

A fully evolved Ch. 10 owl will provide 987 pop, 1953 culture, 29,400 supplies, and 7,140 t3 boosted goods, at a cost of 18 squares. It will also provide 9,240 mana, but for the sake of this analysis I'll leave that out for now.

That means it's worth roughly 0.91 workshops (37.87 squares), 0.54 residences (9.5 squares), and 0.62 T3 manufactories (71.34 squares). It's also worth 0.98 Lava Codexes (3.92 squares).

So, the fully evolved owl in Ch. 10 is worth 37.87 + 9.5 + 71.34 + 3.92 = 122.63 squares. Subtract the squares it costs (18) and you have a building that is saving you 104.63 squares.

And that's without even factoring in the mana production. I'd say that's a pretty worthwhile building to add into your city, even if the feeding effect isn't worth the cost of pet food.

Last edited:

AtaguS

Oh my gosh I love the music too :)
I had turned my snow off but it's going back on for a little while so I can get the full experience.
Gotta say, I'm so far really impressed with this event. It has all sorts of exactly the right elements to bring a little fun into the game for a time.
Nice!

Fayeanne

Wow... I opened all the wrong boxes. :D

But seriously, I'm enjoying so far. I like the snowflakes, I like how the story carries forth from the snow backdrop suddenly appearing, I like that you are basically guaranteed to get the item you want on the board even if you have to open every box first :cool:. (Well, I guess not totally guaranteed if you run out of keys and can't get more before the daily shuffle, but it's at least doable.)

Now if only I weren't so spectacularly good at avoiding the prize I want... :D

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I am quite happy with this event so far. I've done a bunch of quests already even though I did not prepare at all. I didn't like this format last time but it looks to me like they improved it a bunch. It is definitely 10 times better than the Halloween format in my opinion! Time will have to tell for me to be certain because I got the daily on my 2nd try so waiting for tonight to try it again. I love a bunch of the daily prizes plus I have a few winter prizes in storage plus I bought the Winter Owl set. I'm happy with most of the daily prizes I've seen being culture/pop just because I don't like when too many of them require a road connection. Of course, that is keeping in mind that I am a big fan of the awesome artwork and a fan of the cute whimsical prizes. I'm not concerned with whether they are practical or not since I don't "need" any of them. I just want them :) The only downside for me is making room for a winter town. That isn't a real problem except I have to choose between my winter town or staying at my ranking level. I think the event prizes will make me happier in my game :cool: That alone should be a big thumbs up to the art team at Elvenar!

Adding: Don't forget to pick up the 100 keys in your Elvenar Newsletter email

Last edited:

Deleted User - 848973765

Well I already hate this event. Feels like punishment for playing the game as if it were a sandbox. Like getting coal in your stocking
from Santa for being too good of a child. Won't be buying any diamonds this month.

Would be nice if all "fight and win x encounters" included tournament encounters (just one of the issues - don't feel like going into great detail). I would add spire to that except the spire difficulty has become ridiculous. On the plus side, I no longer feel the need to hold back my progress to wait for the stupid quests. In any case, I am just venting my frustration. No need to reply.

Vigali

Would be nice if all "fight and win x encounters" included tournament encounters

By my reading of the quest list, there are only 2 quests out of 100 that have "Fight and win X encounters".

The first one (quest 9) is "Fight and win 3 Encounters or Use 1 Pet Food", and the second one (quest 51) is "Fight and win 8 encounters or Solve 8 Spire Encounters."

This doesn't seem like it should be a big issue -- am I missing something?

LutherTheHairy

The positive feedback here is a stark contrast to how people feel about the event in the discussion on the en.forum.elvenar.com . Interesting. They can probably thank the US forum people for why Inno brings this shuffleboard(?)-like game back. I am reserving my judgement until I have played it!

Question about how the evolving building works: elvengems has three production columns for this building. Presumably I get the supplies without using any pet food. What is the distinction between the two goods columns? Do I get one of them without feeding it? (And do those come from neighbor help or are they just there). Do I need to feed it to get any goods at all?

I want to know before I invest extra time/energy (and maybe some money) in evolving it. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 9.28.35 AM.png