• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic - Discussion

AtaguS

The positive feedback here is a stark contrast to how people feel about the event in the discussion on the en.forum.elvenar.com . Interesting. They can probably thank the US forum people for why Inno brings this shuffleboard(?)-like game back. I am reserving my judgement until I have played it!
As I recall, the shuffle board was not received well here at all in its previous form. Perhaps much of the positive feedback now is to due to the changes that were made to is since the last time it was rolled out.

Iyapo1

@LutherTheHairy
The owl gives your boosted T2 goods in that chapter at every evolution level. You do not have to feed it to get those.

So at chapter 5 evolve 10k supplies and 4.6k boosted T2s

Aritra

By my reading of the quest list, there are only 2 quests out of 100 that have "Fight and win X encounters".

The first one (quest 9) is "Fight and win 3 Encounters or Use 1 Pet Food", and the second one (quest 51) is "Fight and win 8 encounters or Solve 8 Spire Encounters."

This doesn't seem like it should be a big issue -- am I missing something?
Not everyone is comfortable fighting. (I'm not.) And not eveyone has feedable buildings (yet). (I don't.) I was very happy that disenchanting a pet food counted as "use" (what a waste, ugh, but it worked, so not true waste). I'll be hitting the Spire for the next one.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Not everyone is comfortable fighting. (I'm not.) And not eveyone has feedable buildings (yet). (I don't.) I was very happy that disenchanting a pet food counted as "use" (what a waste, ugh, but it worked, so not true waste). I'll be hitting the Spire for the next one.

No, everyone has a feedable pet because of this event. This quest is after you have completed the five that award the Owl. So all people have to do is claim the Owl, put it out, and feed it. This same misunderstanding happened on the Beta forum too.

Aritra

No, everyone has a feedable pet because of this event. This quest is after you have completed the five that award the Owl. So all people have to do is claim the Owl, put it out, and feed it. This same misunderstanding happened on the Beta forum too.
I did not get my owl as early as quest nine. If this quest had come later, that's exactly what I would have done. No misunderstanding.

Aritra

I did not get my owl as early as quest nine. If this quest had come later, that's exactly what I would have done. No misunderstanding.
Correction, sort of.
I had no intention of using keys right away so I did not realize the owl came so early.
So, I discovered my owl sometime later. Didn't kick myself then because I didn't realize it had been available before quest nine. Even now, I'm not kicking myself. I didn't know then what I know now. I paid an unnecessary price but it could have been worse.

Vigali

EDIT: I originally posted this to explain that the owl was given as a reward for completing 5 quests, but that's unnecessary now as you explained above!

For what it's worth, I don't collect these buildings right away either, intentionally. I wait until I get into the next chapter, then collect -- that way they're 1 chapter higher and you don't need to use RR spells to get them there.

LutherTheHairy

The owl gives your boosted T2 goods in that chapter at every evolution level. You do not have to feed it to get those.

Thank you for the the information.

So if I get the 4620 goods without feeding, what does feeding do?

Elven gems says: "a certain amount of Goods when opening a Neighborly Help Chest, depending on the amount of completed Province."
In the header it says one KP too. So it sounds like feeding will get me a few more k of goods and one kp. Is that right? Doesn't seem worth it...
4600 T2 goods though, that is pretty cool. that is about a 30-40% bonus on my current production.

Last edited:

Aritra

EDIT: I originally posted this to explain that the owl was given as a reward for completing 5 quests, but that's unnecessary now as you explained above!

For what it's worth, I don't collect these buildings right away either, intentionally. I wait until I get into the next chapter, then collect -- that way they're 1 chapter higher and you don't need to use RR spells to get them there.
Too often I'm in a hurry to spend and usually currency mismanagement occurs. With this event, I was determined to do things differently. I was going to gather keys and not spend for quite awhile. I used them to make an attempt on the daily (which I obtained) and then put them away for the next daily pursuit because the path will be there.
Thinking more about it now, I received the base from the quest box, not post office (so irrelevant for key spending), but didn't register as an option at quest nine because I was already ignoring it for later. I was fixated on quests and not prizes (unless they were time sensitive).
Brain glitch? 2+2=what?!?
Ugh Looks like one of those days... *sigh*

I have heard about waiting to claim if on the edge of chapters, but I don't recall it an option. It was, "here you go, its yours, bye."
If someone sees this early enough, I'd love to see a pic for how to delay that redemption.

Last edited:

Iyapo1

Thank you for the the information.

So if I get the goods anyway, what does feeding do? Is that how I get the third column in the picture? Does that little icon mean T2 goods also? (It is the same as the second column heading)
Feeding it gives you a certain amount of a random standard good in neighbor visit chests. The amount you get is based on provinces open, no clue what the math is. It says random standard so - T1, T2, or T3

Edit: Yes, that icon is T2s, if you pull up different chapters it would show different icons

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have heard about waiting to claim if on the edge of chapters, but I don't recall it an option. It was, "here you go, its yours, bye."
If someone sees this early enough, I'd love to see a pic for how to delay that redemption.

Don't click on the Claim button for any of the prizes on the bonus gauge. If you want to wait to claim the Base, you can't claim the artifacts or the bonus keys either.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
dontclick.png

Just don't click that green button until you're in the next chapter.
I have both of my Live accounts sitting at the edge of the next chapter waiting for day 9.
This way my quests for "gain XXXXX supplies" and "Produce XXX goods" are scaled to chapter 15, but on day 9 when I click complete on my Advanced scouts tech I will be in chapter 16 and get chapter 16 level Goblin Gift Shops. I can then also click the Owl redemption and get the chapter 16 version of that too.

Alram

Flippers just flip
@Aritra [QUOTE I have heard about waiting to claim if on the edge of chapters, but I don't recall it an option. It was, "here you go, its yours, bye."
[/QUOTE]
There is a tiny red x button that you use to close the popup window with the claim feature. On the top right corner.

Aritra

Thanks everyone about postponing the claim.
(I suppose you just click away from that box to make the box go away, the normal way to get pop ups to go away if action not required-required, and it will still be there later.)

This happened to me last event. Because I didn't realize it was even an option, I got my WH in dwarves and moved into fairies within a couple days. Bummer.

I would have asked prior to this event if I thought I'd be changing chapters soon enough. I'm a no-rush player and fairies is going just fine. Just won't be leaving for a bit longer...

I think I always thought I was turning it down if I didn't claim it. But now I know! :cool: thanks

Aritra

@Aritra [QUOTE I have heard about waiting to claim if on the edge of chapters, but I don't recall it an option. It was, "here you go, its yours, bye."
There is a tiny red x button that you use to close the popup window with the claim feature. On the top right corner.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks

Aritra

Must have been new for this event.
I woke up at 4:50 CST and it had already started.

I knew it was possible to start at 4am, but I wasn't getting up that early for this.
This night owl doesn't do mornings by choice! Haha

(I knew this would be a massive distraction from getting ready for work on time, so I went to bed early so I could get up early and not be late for work because of Elvenar. ;) )

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I woke up at 4:50 CST and it had already started.

I knew it was possible to start at 4am, but I wasn't getting up that early for this.
This night owl doesn't do mornings by choice! Haha
Wow, I wouldn't get up that early for anything.
Seriously, if the only flight available or whatever was at 4 am my response would be "Well, I guess I can stay up that late."