• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic - Discussion

GlamDoll

I legit had to take breaks when blowing 6,000 currency opening ~200 small chests per city. I would even give in sometimes and switch to the 140 chests just to go faster.

I feel ya...and sometimes, it even paid off nicely, at least for me.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I feel ya...and sometimes, it even paid off nicely, at least for me.
LoL after explaining over and over again that the 50 chest was actually better than the 140 chests I felt dirty when I won with the 140s.
My best win in Elvenar was for sure spending my last snowflakes to buy a 50 that rolled a 90 into a 140 for a daily prize.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Not sarcasm. Though it is funny when something is so absurd it's assumed to be sarcasm. Not your fault.
even more oddly.. i find that in itself quite amusing. Not often i get to see this.
Not often i see a statement and i take it as complete sarcasm yet agree with it... when its actually a face value statement that i still would agree with.

Blue-Iris

Also, in my experience pet food normally appears at least 4 times a week in MA. So hopefully you will not be stuck for long.

In the first quest for fighting or pet food at the beginning of the game, pet food didn't appear in my MA for two weeks. It was aggravating because it happened in four of my cities.

Tauriel Dragonwood

I like the Watchful Winter Owl event building, although I won't be able to evolve it so it's a full-grown owl. It'll have to stay an owlet for a long time. In my opinion, what I didn't enjoy about this event was there were too many back-to-back Fresh Supplies and Produce Supplies, Basic, Crafted and Magical Goods, too many Encounters and Gain Relics quests. If there's an algorithm choosing where to place these quests, then we need a watchful winter game dev to make sure repeatable quests are spaced further apart.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
In my opinion, what I didn't enjoy about this event was there were too many back-to-back Fresh Supplies and Produce Supplies, Basic, Crafted and Magical Goods, too many Encounters and Gain Relics quests. If there's an algorithm choosing where to place these quests, then we need a watchful winter game dev to make sure repeatable quests are spaced further apart.
The problem is that there are only really 4 quests.
Solve encounters​
Produce Goods​
Produce Supplies​
Other​
Generally, all of the "other" are quite simple so the first 3 must be more abundant, and you can only space 3 quests on repeat so far apart.

Blue-Iris

I like the Watchful Winter Owl event building, although I won't be able to evolve it so it's a full-grown owl. It'll have to stay an owlet for a long time.

If you don't have artifacts to evolve it, you can still upgrade it. There's an upgrade tab when you click on it, just like for factories. It takes 16 Royal Restoration spells for each upgrade. You can get those in tournaments.

Upgrading will change it to the next chapter version and also increase production, population, etc. It just won't change the graphic, so your owlet will still look like an owlet, even though he is more powerful than before the upgrade. That's what I'm going to do, as I didn't get many owl artifacts.

DeletedUser27343

I really enjoyed the event until today... Or until I fully evolved my Watchful Winter Owl.

WTH is this animation?! The head moves in a neverending circle with spaced out blinking at a certain point! The poor thing looks like its either concussed, drunk or stoned! Who decided THIS was a good idea?!

Deleted User - 4565442

I think owl's animations should be re-done, she looks like completely from different game.

AtaguS

I really enjoyed the event until today... Or until I fully evolved my Watchful Winter Owl.

WTH is this animation?! The head moves in a neverending circle with spaced out blinking at a certain point! The poor thing looks like its either concussed, drunk or stoned! Who decided THIS was a good idea?!
Agreed. My owl was adorable with every new evolve and I was excited to get him to level 10. He has gone from looking around contentedly and blinking to looking like he's about to pass out. I still love him, but not thrilled at all with the final version. He's not very watchful anymore.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Without a doubt I'd have left mine at level 9 if I had known. I wasn't placing him for his fantastic offerings in the first place, it was solely for aesthetic reasons.
Thanks! I have some cities with the Clocktower Owl set, and I want to put the new Owl with them. I will be coming to your city for a look :)

Aritra

Who here has a level 10 owl in Winyandor?
I want to visit and see...

Sounds like they tried to capture the classic head bob, which is how their depth perception works, but maybe made the repeat loop too short for it, without a pause gap.... but I haven't seen yet...

I have nine artifacts but I haven't placed yet. Had a chapter change and hoping to get a replacement owl (though I'm pretty sure its not possible without purchase in the little time left, I have been a bit unlucky getting those multi-present boxes, but it's not over 'til it's over!). If I don't get it, I'll save up RR and upgrade (just finished bringing witch's hut to current chapter).

Last edited:

AtaguS

Who here has a level 10 owl in Winyandor?
I want to visit and see...
I do! Same player name, come on over!

PS....here he is at level 7 or 8 (can't recall which). This was my favorite phase
Screenshot 2020-12-16 082248.png