• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic - Discussion

Aritra

I do! Same player name, come on over!

PS....here he is at level 7 or 8 (can't recall which). This was my favorite phase
View attachment 8859
I visited and I'm so disappointed in the animation. That is definitely not an owl depth perception head bob. Not only is it circling in an odd way, but his eyes are a bit crossed, adding to the "concussed, drunk, or stoned" look. :(

As a lover of things owls (could you guess?), I'm quite disappointed in both owls. The owl cave is so boring and uncharacteristically flat (I know they could have done better with the depth). If you zoom zoom zoom in you can see the owls blink as they watch a yeti and somebody do something... but you have to zoom in a lot to even see it (so, viewing the city it might as well be a portrait).

I'm not even sure how good the production values are for either (I'm still learning how to gauge that, usually understand the numbers better after I see them in action); I wanted them for the owls and would take whatever it gives (preferring a current chapter to maximize whatever it gives). My first two owls in my city and they're sad looking. It is such a letdown and I know the devs can't make everything awesome, but they're better than this... aren't they?

AtaguS

@Aritra I thought the level 5 owl was pretty cute, and kept him there longer than I needed to because he was fun to look at. He did some great blinking and looking around. But the level 10 is a disappointment for sure. His eyes have gone from sharp and curious to glazed and confused :(
Screenshot 2020-12-16 073635.png

Alram

Flippers just flip
Someone is going to have to put up their giant Owlizza and winter village pics with the caption, "thats not snow", in the comic contest. :)

AtaguS

I am serious. I am not tech savvy. I don't know how to add a caption to a pic.
I have won a lot of diamonds in my mystical object and the Spire though.
Anyone who likes the joke and is tech savvy enough to caption it should go! go! go!
Get those diamonds!
Do you know how to take a screen shot?
From there the easiest route I can think of it stick it in a Word doc

Tauriel Dragonwood

If you don't have artifacts to evolve it, you can still upgrade it. There's an upgrade tab when you click on it, just like for factories. It takes 16 Royal Restoration spells for each upgrade. You can get those in tournaments.

Upgrading will change it to the next chapter version and also increase production, population, etc. It just won't change the graphic, so your owlet will still look like an owlet, even though he is more powerful than before the upgrade. That's what I'm going to do, as I didn't get many owl artifacts.
Thank you Blue-Iris. A powerful baby owl would be nice to have. I've never seen a Royal Restoration spell. Maybe I don't go that far in the tournaments. I run out of troops very quickly from auto-battling.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Gain 12 Relics. Seriously? Why can't the game devs keep the tournament open when an event is running?
Well, I'm off on a mana hunt to find all those ghost trees I planted.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Gain 12 Relics. Seriously? Why can't the game devs keep the tournament open when an event is running?
Well, I'm off on a mana hunt to find all those ghost trees I planted.

This is not meant to sound mean, but I looked at the quest list and if you are referring to #69, that quest has been available for 26 days, for those players who caught up on quests more quickly than you did. So it is not Inno's fault that you did not get to the quest more quickly.

As for RRs, if your fellowship has been earning at least 4 chests, then every week they do so, you have gotten one. They will be in your inventory with the Instants.

Tauriel Dragonwood

This is not meant to sound mean, but I looked at the quest list and if you are referring to #69, that quest has been available for 26 days, for those players who caught up on quests more quickly than you did. So it is not Inno's fault that you did not get to the quest more quickly.

As for RRs, if your fellowship has been earning at least 4 chests, then every week they do so, you have gotten one. They will be in your inventory with the Instants.
You should not make assumptions Enevhar until you know the facts. I'm referring to Quest 37. I work long hours filling in for co-workers out sick so have limited time to play these events that's why I'm so behind. The fellowship in my new city is not strong yet to complete 4 chests and they also have jobs and can't login as much as they'd like to. That's why I've never seen an RR yet. Real life takes priority over a game.

I still believe these events have become a way to generate income for InnoGames. A lot of my friends do spend loads of real money on these events. Some of the graphics are beautiful but I don't stress myself out anymore trying to finish an event. I just think it's mean of the game devs to have such a high demand for resources to complete quests.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
You should not make assumptions Enevhar until you know the facts. I'm referring to Quest 37
This sets the bar for what I want out of forum exchanges in 2021.

"You've had almost a month to do that quest"
-"Shows what you know! I've had way more time than that!"

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
You should not make assumptions Enevhar until you know the facts. I'm referring to Quest 37. I work long hours filling in for co-workers out sick so have limited time to play these events that's why I'm so behind.

There is nothing wrong with that. You just made it sound like because you happened to get to that quest on a Sunday, that Inno should have somehow made it so you would not have to collect relics when it is not during a tournament. The first 60 or so quests were available when the event started, so they could possibly be done on the very first day of the event.

Tauriel Dragonwood

I found a Level 10 Watchful Winter Owl but it looks like he's intoxicated. It's not as weird as I thought it would be.
I pictured he would be turnin’ his head around 'n around, like in the Exorcist. Now that would be spooky.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I do like the format; mainly for the speed at which i can cash in currency.
As for the artifacts, i got 2 artifact strictly from cashing in 1745 keys. Im not counting the two artifacts you get as bonus from quest rewards. If i estimate another 2 artifacts from my remaining currency then id be at a grand total of 6. - Would i be able to get 3 artifacts from they keys won from the remaining quests i have to do plus the daily keys? That would be the question on whether or not i would be able to evolve the owl fully.

Time for the final results. And its a little frustrating..

I mentioned somewhere in here before that i didnt know that the reward grid/board would auto reshuffle for free if you cleared the whole thing. So for my first batch of cash ins, i was trying to get the 'present' reward, x2 if i could, and then shuffle to a new board. I thought whether or not i shuffeled mid board or at the end after clearing it that it would cost me the same amount of keys any way. - And that little fact seems to have been my near downfall.

My main city, i literally got my final artifact with my last 25 keys. Couldnt get any closer and succeed. And i proved that because my second city was literally 1 single present away form the final artifact ><. 19/20 presents for the last artifact.
If i had known about the free auto shuffle i would have made it. - If id have done one less shuffle on the first cash in i would have made it. If there was one more quest i would have made it. If there was one more daily reward i would have made it. Basically, one more, almost anything, and i would have made it. - All because of my not knowing about the free shuffle.

So thats a tad frustrating. On the up side tho, its an easy fix. A simple message sent out to the players pointing that out and all would be solved. So there has probably never been a more simple fix.

As for my over all thoughts on the event. They havnt changed much since my post during the event.

The new currency cash in system i thought was a good improvement. It allowed for the cashing in of currency at a much faster rate then those 3 rotating chest types. And anyone wit more then one city can understand the issue of taking an hour or two to cash in.. per city.
The only change i would make to the system is making that looking glass (see two squares before unlocking them) and the 2x (double reward for next unlock) cost the same amount to use. Them costing 15 and 17 was rather annoying.

The quest line i only have a minor irritation with that. The quests that required 'solve 10 encounters or solve 10 spire encounters' ... Change it to 8. - We already had this issue a couple event ago before the tourney change. Where the quest asked for 10 tourney encounters; which was very annoying since tourney provenience were based on 4 encounters each. The 'solve 10 encounters or solve 10 spire encounters' is no different. Each section of the spire is broken into four encounters. And the world map encounters; each provenience is based on 8 encounter (4x2). So it all leads back to 4. So alter the quest to 'solve 8 encounters or solve 8 spire encounters' .

Once again, i will not complain about the quest repetitiveness that many others do. I see this as a by product of inno listening to suggestions. They have removed a lot of the more problematic quests that we complained about for a long time. So when you remove a bunch of quests from the quest pool then that pool becomes smaller. Thus it naturally will become more repetitive.

So all in all, i liked the set up of the event (had i known about the free shuffle when completing the board). And my complaints are very minimal in my opinion. So i say it was a good event set up.

DeletedUser27062

Upsides: I really enjoyed the event for the most part. Graphics were great and the building were pretty (except for the drunk owl who's about to puke). Plenty of decent prizes and I felt that getting my owl to L10 required the right balance of effort so not too easy but not unreasonably difficult either. I managed to get 8 out of 10 owls fully evolved with one only making it to 8 and the other 9. Really pleased with the assortment of building and their value.

Downsides were too many cheap prizes like a single relic and the limitation on earnable keys. Perhaps Inno could have introduced a type of bottomless pit of repeating quests that gave only 10 or 15 keys once you'd reached the locked quest stage. I'm not impressed with the Goddess of Disappointments Wishes - it only lasts 30 days and gives pretty stingy gifts. The 700 supplies I got allows me to train 1/4 of a unit. If you're going to give supplies and coin then do so as an instant that can be stashed rather than loose change. Mind you, I don't think having a 0.01% coin rain instant sounds very appealing. My only other gripe is that levelling up the goods producing building results in the goods going from T1 to T2. I don't need more scrolls - like ever! I'll probably keep those building at their lower chapter level as T1 goods are of more use to me right now.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm not impressed with the Goddess of Disappointments Wishes - it only lasts 30 days and gives pretty stingy gifts. The 700 supplies I got allows me to train 1/4 of a unit. If you're going to give supplies and coin then do so as an instant that can be stashed rather than loose change.
LoL@"Goddess of Disappointments"!
When I first got supplies from mine I thought "99,000 supplies? That's not too shabby, it doesn't blow my hair back, but it's enough to fill a queue slot in my barracks."
The second time I got supplies I thought "Holy crap, it's 9,900, I read it wrong." I certainly wouldn't with for that.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
@Eudaemonia We've had endless quests, and they helped to put the game out of balance, so I have to say, no thank you. I also enjoy the sense of accomplishment of arrival at the end, or being caught up to the daily; this is very satisfying. The endless quests have all sorts of issues to them: FOMO paralyzes city develpment! Next thing, we are afraid to release productions of any kind, in case we might need them.