• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic - Discussion

DeletedUser27062

@Eudaemonia We've had endless quests, and they helped to put the game out of balance, so I have to say, no thank you. I also enjoy the sense of accomplishment of arrival at the end, or being caught up to the daily; this is very satisfying. The endless quests have all sorts of issues to them: FOMO paralyzes city develpment! Next thing, we are afraid to release productions of any kind, in case we might need them.

Hahaha yes! See? I've already forgotten the cold-sweat fear of accidentally swiping through a production of something BEFORE checking the quest list.

DeletedUser27062

LoL@"Goddess of Disappointments"!
When I first got supplies from mine I thought "99,000 supplies? That's not too shabby, it doesn't blow my hair back, but it's enough to fill a queue slot in my barracks."
The second time I got supplies I thought "Holy crap, it's 9,900, I read it wrong." I certainly wouldn't with for that.
OMG, it costs you nearly 100k to fill a training slot?!?! I'm cringing over 2,800! I don't wanna grow up :(

Vejr

Sad that even when all quests and task are done the only way to get the Owl to lvl 10 is by spending diamonds, otherwise nice event and decent prizes.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Sad that even when all quests and task are done the only way to get the Owl to lvl 10 is by spending diamonds, otherwise nice event and decent prizes.

Not true at all. In both my cities, one in chapter 9 and one in chapter 17, I completed the Owl and got an extra base building. Now, in most other events in 2020, I only did that during one other, so this one was easier than most of the past year's events.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
LoL@"Goddess of Disappointments"!
When I first got supplies from mine I thought "99,000 supplies? That's not too shabby, it doesn't blow my hair back, but it's enough to fill a queue slot in my barracks."
The second time I got supplies I thought "Holy crap, it's 9,900, I read it wrong." I certainly wouldn't with for that.
If the chart I saw is right, 5% of the time Goddess of Wishes gives 35 diamonds. Since Wishing Wells seem to have been discontinued, this is about as good as it gets for free diamonds now. 9% of the time it gives 3 knowledge points. For comparison's sake, a Carting Library is 2 squares and gives 1 KP every 24 hours. So a 4 square Goddess of Wishes giving 3 KP in 12 hours is actually 3x as efficient as a Carting Library. So 14% of the time, you get decent rewards from it.

Unfortunately, the other 86% of the time is either gold, supplies, or goods. And the amounts for all of these are WAY low.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Since Wishing Wells seem to have been discontinued, this is about as good as it gets for free diamonds now.
I've never actually seen a chart, but I think the Genie might be much more generous.- Although Inno may wish to keep it spire exclusive.

Deleted User - 3932582

9% of the time it gives 3 knowledge points. For comparison's sake, a Carting Library is 2 squares and gives 1 KP every 24 hours. So a 4 square Goddess of Wishes giving 3 KP in 12 hours is actually 3x as efficient as a Carting Library. So 14% of the time, you get decent rewards from it.
That's a really strange way of doing comparison. Sort of like in 0.000001% cases it is more efficient buying lottery tickets than paying for education and getting a steady job. So if it's KPs you're after, then CL produces 2KP in 4 squares in 24 hours, and GoW does 3*2*9%=0.5KP in 4 squares in 24 hours (assuming perfect 12hr cycles). So no, it is not more efficient for KPs.

Now, GoW obviously does produce a whole bunch of other things, but then you'll need to assess relative value of that other stuff vs deficiency in KP production.

If the chart I saw is right, 5% of the time Goddess of Wishes gives 35 diamonds. Since Wishing Wells seem to have been discontinued, this is about as good as it gets for free diamonds now.
The best source for non-cash diamonds is still playing the Spire.

Vejr

Not true at all. In both my cities, one in chapter 9 and one in chapter 17, I completed the Owl and got an extra base building. Now, in most other events in 2020, I only did that during one other, so this one was easier than most of the past year's events.
Did you got lucky on the 2x draws and the 2&3 squares jumps? I got all daily done way ahead of time (had to wait for next day to open new), collected keys few times a day and still only made enough evolve to get Owl to 9.

Vigali

If the chart I saw is right, 5% of the time Goddess of Wishes gives 35 diamonds. Since Wishing Wells seem to have been discontinued, this is about as good as it gets for free diamonds now. 9% of the time it gives 3 knowledge points. For comparison's sake, a Carting Library is 2 squares and gives 1 KP every 24 hours. So a 4 square Goddess of Wishes giving 3 KP in 12 hours is actually 3x as efficient as a Carting Library. So 14% of the time, you get decent rewards from it.

Unfortunately, the other 86% of the time is either gold, supplies, or goods. And the amounts for all of these are WAY low.

I think a more appropriate comparison of Carting Library to GoW would be this:

Assume maximum production (i.e., always collecting the minute it is available):

Over 30 days, Carting Library will give you 30KP @ 1KP per day, guaranteed, at a cost of 2.5 squares.
Over 30 days, you can collect 60 times from GoW, and if it really is a 9% chance, that works out to (60 * 0.09) * 3KP, or 16.2 KP, at a cost of 5 squares.

So just from a KP standpoint, GoW is far less efficient than a Carting Library -- about half as efficient in terms of raw KP production, and about one quarter as efficient in terms of KP production per square.

Of course, you also have a shot at diamonds, and if your 5% number is correct, then you can expect to see (60 * 0.05) * 35 = 105 diamonds. Personally, I think that's a relatively meager sum. Also important to note, a 5% drop rate on diamonds over 60 hits means you also have a 4.61% chance to not receive diamonds at all, and that 4.61% chance only climbs higher the further away from 'maximum production' you go (i.e., the more pickups you miss because you have a life and can't always be checking Elvenar).

The other rewards (goods, gold, supplies) seem like they come at such low quantities that they're borderline inconsequential to even do math for, but either way I think it's pretty clear that GoW is a rather lackluster reward as the capstone for completion of the entire event. It could be argued, of course, that it's just a small bonus -- that the real reward for the event is the evolving building and daily prizes and such -- and that we should be happy with a bonus building even if it's not super great. I'm not sure I buy that argument, personally, but I understand those that do.

Last edited:

Vigali

Ok, so immediately after saying that the other rewards "come at such low quantities that they're borderline inconsequential to even do math for," I decided that might not be fair.

In Ch. 11, whenever I get T3 goods from GoW, I'm receiving 800 goods. That maps out to a daily production rate of 320 goods per square. My maxed out Ch. 11 Gems manufactory has a daily production (when factoring in workshops/residences/culture required) of 131 goods per square, and a Ch. 11 Traveling Merchant III gives a daily production of 209 goods per square.

When I get gold from GoW, I'm receiving 52k, which maps to a daily production rate of 20.8k gold per square. My maxed Ch. 11 Residences give 202k gold per day, which equals a 11.5k gold per square. My Ch. 11 Magic Residence gives 366k gold per day, equaling 20.8k gold per square (the 'gold per square' calcs for residences include culture costs for the building).

I haven't gotten Supplies from GoW yet, so I can't do any math there, but I'd bet it works out to something similar as the residences. Oh, also, the above numbers assume a 150% culture bonus.

So, even though the quantities are low, it does look like GoW is producing the 'second-tier' rewards far more efficiently than traditional means, and equally as efficiently as Magic buildings. Maybe I should stop crapping on it.

Last edited:
Trying to find this answer, but couldn't. So feeding the owl lasts 24 hrs. It gives "extra" when you give neighbor help. But you only get chests 3x a day when you give help. So what use is the 24hrs feeding effect? And I thought, in Cht 17, the "extra" was sentient goods. So far just getting boosted goods. Thanks