• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic Event feedback

DeletedUser51

Dear Humans and Elves.

Our Winter Magic event will be starting the first week of December. Please read the full announcement here and let us know what you think as you play along with our newest event!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser3297

I've been off for about a year since the last major event. During that time, apparently "rolling the 50" is gone :( However, replaced by selecting the smallest "delicacy" is pretty much the same... I am happy that Rike said the Trading Outpost will be one of the daily rewards, that is the only building that I want, wasn't around for it the first time. I still dislike "set" buildings... First were are almost forced to build rows and columns of same building after same building. Now with events, we have variety, but with set buildings, the variety is once again gone... Now we have to build our "won" prizes around each other so they are effective. Effectively making every city the same again...

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
www.tinyurl.com/wintermagic2018

@TomatoeHu's usual color coded sheet.

As @kayleegrrl said, small (cheapest) box is still the best choice for daily buildings.

The daily set buildings are incredibly powerful again. For example a set building won in chapter 6 makes more goods per square than a max level factory in chapter 13!
The set building that gives mana is close to the size of a library and gives as much mana as 7 Libraries!
The 3 grand prize building gives some culture pop a d kp... Not bad, but nothing compared to the power of the daily set.

Last edited:

DeletedUser19723

I read all that is posted here, thus far. I even watched the video. All this talk of sets? What exactly is a set? I see it is a group of themed buildings, but is there a point? Do they have to be together for a reason?

TomatoeHu

Sheets of Color
I read all that is posted here, thus far. I even watched the video. All this talk of sets? What exactly is a set? I see it is a group of themed buildings, but is there a point? Do they have to be together for a reason?

Set buildings while touching each other will produce link bonuses as well as what their building is already advertising. when the set has one of each touching, you get a full link. if only a few of the buildings are all touching you get differing links depending on how many of which buildings do touch.

http://www.elvenarchitect.com/buildings/sets/

https://elvengems.com/winter-magic/set-buildings/

Correction : Elvenar Wiki has info on Set buildings, thank you @Jackluyt

https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Building_Set

Meanwhile, the first link is Elvenar Architect and second for GoK website > both giving details on this event's set buildings and bonuses

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
You can read everything you need to know about the event in our EPL Note:
https://tinyurl.com/yb43uvln

46440371_10212854013605762_1827075540075413504_n.jpg

Here is a brief video overview:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I was thinking of passing on this event. I was not happy with my "luck" in the last one. Then they got me with the winter markets that remind me of the ones when I was in Germany :rolleyes: I really do like the prizes in this event. I see several that I would really like to get so I'm going for it again. Probably going to end up being a glutton for punishment :( I'm already getting frustrated by my "luck" getting coin rain & supply windfalls. I am getting really sick of being deluged by those every time and I REALLY do not want or need them :mad: If this turns into being like the last event then I will be much more resolved to not spend on events going forward. Sick of wasting cash for event weighted toward a lot of unwanted crap mixed in with much lower return of wanted prizes.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
I was thinking of passing on this event. I was not happy with my "luck" in the last one. Then they got me with the winter markets that remind me of the ones when I was in Germany :rolleyes: I really do like the prizes in this event. I see several that I would really like to get so I'm going for it again. Probably going to end up being a glutton for punishment :( I'm already getting frustrated by my "luck" getting coin rain & supply windfalls. I am getting really sick of being deluged by those every time and I REALLY do not want or need them :mad: If this turns into being like the last event then I will be much more resolved to not spend on events going forward. Sick of wasting cash for event weighted toward a lot of unwanted crap mixed in with much lower return of wanted prizes.

I play the events mostly for Knowledge Points and Instants - so I only play on double delicacy days when you can pick up extra goodies from the Galloping Goblins in the Magic Theater.
Any Buildings I happen to pick up that I do not want, I can always Craft.
This is a very easy event to finish with minimal effort; it took less than two weeks in Beta without a Cheat Sheet, using only Boosters, no Diamonds.
I made about 300 KP From the Event so far - with very little effort.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I play the events mostly for Knowledge Points and Instants - so I only play on double delicacy days when you can pick up extra goodies from the Galloping Goblins in the Magic Theater.
Any Buildings I happen to pick up that I do not want, I can always Craft.
This is a very easy event to finish with minimal effort; it took less than two weeks in Beta without a Cheat Sheet, using only Boosters, no Diamonds.
I made about 300 KP From the Event so far - with very little effort.

Yes I know that a lot of players do not spend and therefore IMO have small chance to get all of the buildings. I play the game differently. I think I have spent on all of the events since I started playing. Honestly, if a lot of players didn’t spend they wouldn’t bother. So the events have been important to my play style. I get all I want from each one. Then I sell most off for the next event. It keeps my city with a new look on a regular basis. I also always did the big chests to get the KP, time boosts, etc. Now with them loading up on coin & supply instants I’m getting very sick of wasting my time & $. This seriously may be my last one if it ends up like the last event & the impression I’m getting about the chests in this one.

DeletedUser9601

Yes I know that a lot of players do not spend and therefore IMO have small chance to get all of the buildings. I play the game differently. I think I have spent on all of the events since I started playing. Honestly, if a lot of players didn’t spend they wouldn’t bother. So the events have been important to my play style. I get all I want from each one. Then I sell most off for the next event. It keeps my city with a new look on a regular basis. I also always did the big chests to get the KP, time boosts, etc. Now with them loading up on coin & supply instants I’m getting very sick of wasting my time & $. This seriously may be my last one if it ends up like the last event & the impression I’m getting about the chests in this one.
I don't even care whether the prizes overall are pretty "even" when comparing the rotating chests vs the static chests (which it seems like rotating = overall worse). I just think the rotating chests is a stupid mechanic, and its not fun when I'm opening 400 snowflakes' worth of chests to have to mentally check each time "am I opening the right one."

Whatever benefit the developers think the rotating mechanic offers, they are sorely mistaken. If its an underhanded way to drive down total prizes, just do that with the percentages from the static chests. There will be whining the first event, but people will adapt/live with it.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Is anyone else hearing what I'm hearing in the game? It happens sporadically. I hear the sounds of night critters... frogs, crickets. Sounds like I'm in the jungle. Kinda scary. Shouldn't we be hearing the sounds of carolers singing holiday songs, horses clomping through the snow and the bells on their harnesses jingling? Maybe the sounds of children playing in the snow?