• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic Event feedback

DeletedUser9601

I have to say that some of the "missions" for the event are nasty. I followed advice (from the forum) and got rid of my metal production (since I am specialized in marble) and now there's a mission that requires me to get metal. :(
So spend 45 seconds and 2 empty squares to build a level 1 steel factory? Not exactly "nasty"....

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
There was lots of complaining when they first introduced the quests requiring non-boosted goods. But they're here to stay so we've adapted. Saving some space and put in lvl 1 buildings for events/fellowship adventures. Not only can you do the mixed tier 1 goods with these lvl 1 bldgs, but you can make it easier/quicker on yourself for the workshop production quests as well by adding a few lvl 1 workshops. Then, when you get the spoiler list of quests from the beta players, you can preset productions so they're ready when the quest pops up.

DeletedUser2207

Tjoori, it's a good idea to build an Ancient Wonder such as Golden Abyss or Tome of Secrets so you have a place to put KP when tech locked

I'm not impressed with whoever decided there should be no color contrast between the collectible snowflakes and the pretty snowy background

I really appreciate the 2 week gap between beta and live, it makes it much easier to plan out what I want to focus on!

DeletedUser7052

FYI--I just bought the advent candle for $5 which advertising said would give me 1 free snowflake for each one I collected around my city--well, sorta!! I collected a snowflake which gave me 3 credits but I only got 1 free!! not 3 as I had anticipated--had I known that I would not have spent the $5--maybe this has been discussed in previous events but I had never read it--so buyers be advised.

DeletedUser19723

What exactly are the "chests?" Are they the three rotating boxes at the bottom? Also, how do you get a daily prize? It says to " hover over the chest" Huh???? I'm feeling very stupid.

DeletedUser19554

FYI--I just bought the advent candle for $5 which advertising said would give me 1 free snowflake for each one I collected around my city--well, sorta!! I collected a snowflake which gave me 3 credits but I only got 1 free!! not 3 as I had anticipated--had I known that I would not have spent the $5--maybe this has been discussed in previous events but I had never read it--so buyers be advised.

You've misinterpreted the item. Every COLLECT you do, you get +1. Not every snowflake you collect gives you +1. It isn't a straight doubling of collecting. The item from Harvest Festival was the same way.

hvariidh gwendrot

@ SherG26 :cool: yes the chests are the 3 rotating options, if you hover your curser over them it shows the % of which prizes it offers, they advance the elves along the path to win the 3 set buildings (owls), as well as any minor prizes they trip along the way..you win what they give you (very much like when Charlie Brown went trick or treating, his friends got goodies and he got a rock) so sometimes a daily prize sometimes not :cool:

DeletedUser19723

@ SherG26 :cool: yes the chests are the 3 rotating options, if you hover your curser over them it shows the % of which prizes it offers, they advance the elves along the path to win the 3 set buildings (owls), as well as any minor prizes they trip along the way..you win what they give you (very much like when Charlie Brown went trick or treating, his friends got goodies and he got a rock) so sometimes a daily prize sometimes not :cool:

Thank you. They sure don't look like chests to me. I don't have good luck with that kind of thing, so I won't hold my breath for the best prizes. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser4699

I have to say that some of the "missions" for the event are nasty. I followed advice (from the forum) and got rid of my metal production (since I am specialized in marble) and now there's a mission that requires me to get metal. :(

Use your trader. Place a trade with that boosted marble of yours and you most certainly will get the required steel for the quest in a pretty short period of time.

DeletedUser19723

The first event over 2 years ago had chests. Since then they've come in various shapes and sizes but our laziness means we keep calling them chests.:)

Too funny. I take things literally. Everyone was saying chests, so that's what I was looking for. You know, like the chests that have treasure when you visit neighbors. The rectangles that rotate actually look like what you use to make gingerbread houses. I wonder if that was the idea. No wonder I didn't see "the chests." :p

DeletedUser19914

So spend 45 seconds and 2 empty squares to build a level 1 steel factory? Not exactly "nasty"....

OK, I may have overstated. In fact I did just that. The "nasty" part was that I had destroyed a level 3 steel factory a day earlier. Right now I'm having difficulty making enough supplies to keep up with upgrades and negotiation in the Provinces. (Not to mention clearing enough Provinces to gain more lebensraum.) I need to build more quarries. :)

DeletedUser3602

Anybody else having a problem with the Daily Quests? I thought they were supposed to reset each day. Mine is "stuck" at Solve 10 Encounters since Monday. I don't want to solve 10 encounters. Do I have to?

There is no Daily Quest "Solve 10 encounters". That's a Sequential quest and yeah, you have to finish them to get to the next one, but I guess you knew that already, : ).
The Daily Quests are much easier, more like "solve 2 encounters". They don't reset either though. If you don't finish them the day they appear, but a few days later for example, all the daily quests that you 'missed' during the days you were working on the first daily, will be available to you. You can finish them 1 after the other until the daily quest from that particular day arrives. So you can take your time finishing those daily quests, you won't miss out.