• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic Event feedback

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
i missed the first set building and wonder if i'll have another go at it
Probably not the way they are spaced, but you aren't hooped yet, the frost carved thingy can be the 3rd link in your set.
2018 winter set no stall3.png 2018 winter set no stall2.png 2018 winter set no stall1.png

DeletedUser20334

Hi. A new user here.

I posted this in the help section, but perhaps this is the better place to put this..

Wrt the "Gain x enchantments of your choice", do all the enchantments need to be of 1 specific type or you can gain/create different types of enchantments to complete the quest? Also do the recently introduced "Combining Catalyst" count towards fulfilling the request?

I would appreciate it if one of the the members would be kind enough to answer my query.

DeletedUser20334

@SoggyShorts Thank you so much for the reply. So just to be sure, for the quest "Gain 3 enchantments of your choice, one could be power of provision, 2nd ensorcelled and 3rd combining catalyst and the quest would get completed? Sorry to ask again but I need to get this done before the crystal tournament is over and don't want to mess this up.

DeletedUser19723

There is no Daily Quest "Solve 10 encounters". That's a Sequential quest and yeah, you have to finish them to get to the next one, but I guess you knew that already, : ).
The Daily Quests are much easier, more like "solve 2 encounters". They don't reset either though. If you don't finish them the day they appear, but a few days later for example, all the daily quests that you 'missed' during the days you were working on the first daily, will be available to you. You can finish them 1 after the other until the daily quest from that particular day arrives. So you can take your time finishing those daily quests, you won't miss out.

Thanks for clearing that up. This is my first big event and I'm still getting the hang of it. I knew the lower of the two quests was only there for the day. And yes, they are much easier. I finish those right away. The top quest box was where I got the idea (hallucination?) that every time the daily quest changed, those would change, too. So Monday just before the daily quest was going to change I was up to solve 10 encounters in the sequential (?) quest. I didn't want to do it, and thought it would be replaced by the new set of quests. It didn't change. I waited quite awhile before posting here. I've since solved the 10 encounters and moved on :)

I went to Elvenar G of K and found the list of the 100 quests.
My question:
Is it even feasible for me to get all the way to 100? I just started Chapter 3. I'm wondering if there are things I won't be able to do because I haven't unlocked the required technology.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@SoggyShorts Thank you so much for the reply. So just to be sure, for the quest "Gain 3 enchantments of your choice, one could be power of provision, 2nd ensorcelled and 3rd combining catalyst and the quest would get completed? Sorry to ask again but I need to get this done before the crystal tournament is over and don't want to mess this up.

Also, any place you can get the enchantments count for these quests, not just making them in the academy. The ones from the chests when you visit people and the ones from the tournaments count for this too. :)

shimmerfly

I waited quite awhile before posting here. I've since solved the 10 encounters and moved on :)

I went to Elvenar G of K and found the list of the 100 quests.
My question:
Is it even feasible for me to get all the way to 100? I just started Chapter 3. I'm wondering if there are things I won't be able to do because I haven't unlocked the required technology.
Your doing well so just keep going. You may make it and it's fun trying even if you don't.
There's plenty of time left and if you get some things cooking on the list you'll probably do great. For ex: You can upgrade some bldgs in advance and just disconnect them from the road right before they're finished so you can hook them back up when it's time.
Good luck!

SoggyShorts

It is possible in chapter 3. That said, the event gives out prizes for partial completion, so even if you don't finish quest #100, you can still gain a lot. Use GoK spoiler list or my wife's www.tinyurl.com/wintermagic2018 to plan ahead and you should be able to do it in the time given.

DeletedUser19723

It is possible in chapter 3. That said, the event gives out prizes for partial completion, so even if you don't finish quest #100, you can still gain a lot. Use GoK spoiler list or my wife's www.tinyurl.com/wintermagic2018 to plan ahead and you should be able to do it in the time given.

Thanks! Checked out both sites. Good information on both.

My concern, re: getting to the end of the quests being possible for me was the quests where you have to upgrade buildings to level 14 or 15. I can't find a chart that shows what each knowledge tree technology that pertains to building upgrades goes up to. Sorry - awkward sentence. Example - my next one is in Chapter 3 called Superior Residences. If I click and open the info box it says bigger, but not how much bigger.

DeletedUser18550

If they don't start resetting the cost of buying KP I won't be playing these events anymore. It's getting way to expensive and frustrating when I can't go any further because it costs too much. It takes the joy out of playing.

DeletedUser3297

Chapter 3 residences go up to level 15. So that will be enough to complete quest #78 (upgrade 1 building to level 14 or higher. Quest #66 has 4 buildings to level 7 or higher, but that can be accomplished in chapter 3. Now for the higher level upgrades, there is a choice to either scout a province or research a technology. Therefore, a player in a chapter less then 4 can complete this entire event (although it will probably take most of the time to do it)

SoggyShorts

If they don't start resetting the cost of buying KP I won't be playing these events anymore. It's getting way to expensive and frustrating when I can't go any further because it costs too much. It takes the joy out of playing.
Do you visit your map neighbors? Do you have any coin rain instants?
My Kp cost is over 1,500,000 each, and I still find the buy KP quests to be the easiest ones each event...:confused:

DeletedUser9601

The key is to only buy the Tier good KPs during events for quests. That way the price doesn't go up that much. It goes up, but assuming your city is growing, it goes up as your goods production also goes up.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Do you visit your map neighbors? Do you have any coin rain instants?
My Kp cost is over 1,500,000 each, and I still find the buy KP quests to be the easiest ones each event...:confused:

You're not keeping up ;) My KP cost is 3.2M each. It goes up a bunch with visiting 315 cities and buying KP every day :p

adding: I did dump a bunch of the unwanted coin rain instants and bought KP for the event quests so it did go up more than usual in the past couple of days.

Last edited:

DeletedUser12430

The Event is nice...I like the cheesy little story, the quest line is like all of the others....super easy...I'm almost done...lol Well quest #61. I wanted the 3 grand prizes, and have already acquired them. I hit the biggest chest's on the double day and just continued until I could not go any further. (Spoiler) after you win all 3 Grand Prizes, A new prize comes up at 250 cookies, for me it was Market Stalls. They prolly give a shot at each of the buildings in the set. The rotating "chest" system (or what ever you want to call them) are horrible, where as other types have a list of prizes that are the same each time, these rotate and therefore change your odds each time. I am not a fan. PLEASE, Go back to the other style INNO....lol...Please!!!!
Other than the chest, the blue color for the ice on the Market stalls is pretty ugly...Looks "Off" to me....not one I'll keep out front for sure..but the profit for these buildings is huge....The Frost Carved Christmas Tree's mana output is tremendous....get rid of yur HUGE honkin Weeping Willows....here come the Christmas Trees...
Already workin to find space.

All in All very few complaints from me, Nice Event for the Season.

Season Greeting All! Hope your Holidays are merry!