• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic Event feedback

DeletedUser19723

Smart. Anything that you craft will last longer the later you get it since chapter changes get further apart. Also in later chapters you will earn diamonds from quests and be able to upgrade your magic academy, and you get more Spell Fragments per disenchant when your MA level is higher.

Well, I'm glad I'm "smart" about that anyway. Sometimes being smart in this game can be a challenge. You try to make the right move, but it comes back to bite you. Also, I'm not sure it's a good thing, but I tend to hoard things in my inventory. I always think that there will a better time to use them than at the moment. For example, I hate to use my Instants even though I have lots. I think there will be a crucial time when I will really need them and then I won't have any.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I tend to hoard things in my inventory
I don't know if you've ever played any RPGs, but I've never played one that I didn't finish with a bag full of potions that "I'd better save for later just in case".
A quick check of my inventory shows roughly
250KP
100 coin rains(mostly 15%)
96 portal profits(5%)
100 supply windfalls(mostly 15%)
~800h of timers

DeletedUser19723

I don't know if you've ever played any RPGs, but I've never played one that I didn't finish with a bag full of potions that "I'd better save for later just in case".
A quick check of my inventory shows roughly
250KP
100 coin rains(mostly 15%)
96 portal profits(5%)
100 supply windfalls(mostly 15%)
~800h of timers

Love it!!!

RPGs are my first love. I always beat the game with a ton of stuff in my inventory that I was "saving for a rainy day." (Yeah, they usually call it a bag though lord knows how one could fit it all in said bag.) Only time it is worth anything is if there is a New Game + and all inventory is carried over. That being said, I never play the NG+ because once I've beaten the game I have no desire to beat it again. I already know the ending :)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yeah, the unicorns are not a big deal, but then, none of the prizes on the double points days are big deals. And it has been that way in almost every one of these events since I started playing over a year ago. They do not want you getting the super awesome stuff on the days you are going to be opening a bunch of chests anyway for the double points. I have come to accept that if they grand prizes are really good, I am going to end up with a bunch of mediocre stuff to go along with them. Funny thing is, I grabbed 7 or 8 delicacies and did not get a single unicorn. lol

DeletedUser12171

"the rainy day that never comes" is the reason I never hold back on using my goods for tourney or gold for KP. as it is, I'm getting well over 3,200 points every tourney without running out of goods, using a combination of fighting and catering. There is no waste as long as the resources go into game progress. What is real waste is when you've already spent hours upon hours to make those goods and troops only to have them sit and do nothing. The same goes for any other resource in the game

DeletedUser12171

Except the dogs have over 2X the range, and I think higher initiative. ( might ne wrong about the initiative but cba to check right now)
One thing that I find many people overlook, which GoK's tourney guides do mention, is training time.

I'm in Halflings now and have my TG, Merc camp and Barracks all maxed out. Coupled with L11 FA and L11 Needles, my Rax and Merc Camp takes ~1:40 h to train a full slot while my TG takes 2:40 h. Over a week, that is a lot more Babarians than Dogs. As I've mentioned elsewhere, you need full squads to have a fighting chance in any fight, tourney or otherwise. Thus I've switched from making Dogs to Babarians this tourney. At least until my TG training speed catches up some, it just can't make enough troops on time for my usage

SoggyShorts

Except the dogs have over 2X the range, and I think higher initiative. ( might ne wrong about the initiative but cba to check right now)
Right, and I prefer dogs over dancers in most cases, but as @RandomNo. touched on, it's the training time. @SherG26 has a level 1 TG and level 4 barracks meaning they can make way more dancers than dogs.

Amanirenas

Also, any place you can get the enchantments count for these quests, not just making them in the academy. The ones from the chests when you visit people and the ones from the tournaments count for this too. :)

The quest line did NOT credit me for the last 2 enchantments I CRAFTED. Not sure if that is a bug? If not, is there a clarification somewhere? Thanks for any replies.
This event, for me, has more glitches than the last one....lack of credit for tasks completed, mostly.

DeletedUser19723

About Snowflakes:
We receive them in our city. Is there a rhyme or reason to how many and how often?
Also, if we don't collect them right away do they accumulate or go away?
I just can't figure out a pattern.

SoggyShorts

About Snowflakes:
We receive them in our city. Is there a rhyme or reason to how many and how often?
Also, if we don't collect them right away do they accumulate or go away?
I just can't figure out a pattern.
Snow Crystals spawn once per hour, but sometimes you get a double spawn. If you have 6 Snow Crystals spawned then no more will spawn.
I forget the odds, but when you click a Crystal you get 1,2,or 3 snowflakes something like
1 snowflake 11/14 chance
2 snowflakes 2/14 chance
3 snowflakes 1/14 chance

DeletedUser19723

Snow Crystals spawn once per hour, but sometimes you get a double spawn. If you have 6 Snow Crystals spawned then no more will spawn.
I forget the odds, but when you click a Crystal you get 1,2,or 3 snowflakes something like
1 snowflake 11/14 chance
2 snowflakes 2/14 chance
3 snowflakes 1/14 chance

Thanks! I've absolutely no idea how you know all this stuff; but I'm glad that you do.:)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The quest line did NOT credit me for the last 2 enchantments I CRAFTED. Not sure if that is a bug? If not, is there a clarification somewhere? Thanks for any replies.
This event, for me, has more glitches than the last one....lack of credit for tasks completed, mostly.

Yeah, like the others said, it should have counted.

Also, for everyone else, I know I saw someone ask this in either the Beta thread or this one or somewhere else, and do not remember ever seeing an answer, but yes, if you craft relics, they DO count toward the quests that ask you to collect relics. I confirmed this last night when I had that as a sequential quest and just happened to have made 5 relics from crafting just to test this.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Quite a few of our new players will not be able to continue participating in this event when they reach Quest 78. Upgrade 1 Building to level 14 or higher. The people who planned this event went from Upgrade 4 Buildings to level 7 or higher in Quest 66 to upgrading to level 14. What happened to levels 8 through 13?

The Main Hall, Residences, Workshops and Barracks can be upgraded to Level 14 in Chapter 3.
The Tier 1 Manufactories and Armories can be upgraded to Level 14 in Chapter 4.

All the event planners had to do was include the word “OR” for those of us who have not reached or are just starting Chapter 3.
Be considerate to the new players by not excluding us from completing events.

Problem solved. I had an incorrect copy from Beta World. There is an "OR" for Quest 78.

Last edited: