• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic Event feedback

shimmerfly

include the word “OR” for those of us who have not reached or are just starting Chapter 3.
Be considerate to the new players by not excluding us from completing events.
KriegMachine is correct. The "or" is "research a technology". If your going to grump about every event then why do them. Honestly it gets tiring.
There is also another coming up...#100 research one tech or upgrade a bldg to #18. Just so you know.

hvariidh gwendrot

i tried a bit of an event experiment for winter event
1) #78 has the option of researching a tech, which is easier for newer players, i had a human city on a world, it had just the least possible work to be in chap 2 when this thing started (it was sitting unattended for months)and it'll finish this thing without any spending or extra time spent there, although i did make it a fellowship to help with certain quests, but it'll still be a chap 2 city when this gets finished

i do spend money on my elf city and think the game is a cool breeze, so i want to keep this human city $$ free and see what's what, but i gotta say the event experiment seems to lean to the "game is a cool breeze" :cool:

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
KriegMachine is correct. The "or" is "research a technology". If your going to grump about every event then why do them. Honestly it gets tiring.
There is also another coming up...#100 research one tech or upgrade a bldg to #18. Just so you know.

And the whining newbies should be aware that the "or research" is much more difficult for those of us in higher chapters. So it equals out.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Those quests with with an upgrade to level 14 requirements do have an "OR" that is easily met by new players. Any new player using a list of sequential quests can easily complete this event. If they can't, they really are not trying.
You're right. I have the list from Beta. Thank the elves it was changed. Next time I'll wait until the event starts in the Live Worlds before copying the quests from GemsofElvenar. Thanks KriegMachine.

Tauriel Dragonwood

If your going to grump about every event then why do them.
You're a nasty piece of work. That's what these forums are set up for. To post our comments about this event. I had an incorrect copy of the quest from GemsofElvenar when it was going on in the Beta World. Just found out from KriegMachine about the correct quest. You have a lot to learn shimmerfly about how to respond to people. You have no manners at all.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
You're a nasty piece of work.
So, now one of the most patient, easiest to get along with members on this forum is getting fed up with you. Guessing you've blocked her and this will probably make me next, but really? @shimmerfly ?? Seriously??
And, you really think these forums are set up for you to complain about cheat sheets you get from sites unaffiliated with the company that created this forum??? Nevermind the fact that you've been around long enough to know the answers to all the "questions" you constantly ask and ignore the answers because you don't like them or they're not *fair*. Are you really such a special snowflake?
Surely you can see how preposterous your behavior is. Either you are intentionally being obtuse, or you need way more help than anyone here can possibly give you.

shimmerfly

You're a nasty piece of work. That's what these forums are set up for. To post our comments about this event. I had an incorrect copy of the quest from GemsofElvenar when it was going on in the Beta World. Just found out from KriegMachine about the correct quest. You have a lot to learn shimmerfly about how to respond to people. You have no manners at all.
I may have a lot to learn but am still willing to.
I've been in this world long enough to know that was not an insult to you.Just an observation.
Now I may insult you.... You've been playing this game for close to 3 1/2 years and you still complain and still don't seem to know the mechanics. I find that sad and pretty unbelievable. Please put me on your list for Christmas and happy holidays to you if you can ever be happy?! :p

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
You're a nasty piece of work. ........................
You have no manners at all.

k1p8636

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Now I'm starting to feel bad about my complaints earlier :oops: This event started out with bad luck yet again. BUT I seem to be doing much better since the first few prizes that I had difficulty getting. I guess it just kind of evened out. Now I am really enjoying this event :) It looks like I won't have any problem getting all the ones I really want and I definitely do not have room for any that I'm indifferent about. I love the German Christmas market theme so looking forward to having the 2 sets + a few others I want :D The ones I have so far look really nice and very Christmassy!

DeletedUser7791

I came on here to see if the little arrow to the right of the 3rd Grand Prize was for real (there are more grand prizes when you finish these). I found the answer but had so much fun reading the questions, grumbles, helpful advice etc. that I got to the end.
Thanks for the entertainment.
I have forgotten who said there were more grand prizes, but thanks to you too!

And just remember that this is a statistical game. You will get lucky some of the time, but not all of the time:D

DeletedUser19723

I came on here to see if the little arrow to the right of the 3rd Grand Prize was for real (there are more grand prizes when you finish these). I found the answer but had so much fun reading the questions, grumbles, helpful advice etc. that I got to the end.
Thanks for the entertainment.
I have forgotten who said there were more grand prizes, but thanks to you too!

And just remember that this is a statistical game. You will get lucky some of the time, but not all of the time:D

I just read your post and then spent a bit of time trying to track down the answer to your earlier post but could not find either your post or the response. I also want to know what comes after the 3 Grand Prizes, if anything. I figured if one was having good luck in the spins, they could get the 3 GPs before finishing the 100 sequential quests. And that left me wondering about the point of having 100.

**Apologies if this has been answered already, but I've searched and can't find it. Thanks!

StarLoad

Has anyone got a Ferris-Wheel?? I have tried on 3 cities and well over 2000 snowflakes and not a single one... This is the first event since 2015 that I feel unhappy about. I seem to have no good luck at all.

DeletedUser19723

@SherG26 GP4 is a market stall (the first piece from the daily set), I'm not sure about GP 5+
@Ed1960 a FS member just got one with 2 tries on 60 boxes.:oops:

The Market Stall? Is that to give another chance at it for those who want it and didn't get it when it was the daily prize? Is that a building that can be used in more than just the set for this event? I'm asking because someone in my FS said they were doing the event to get the market stall because they had missed it in a past event. I got it as the daily prize in 1 spin. I didn't even know about sets yet. Should I be considering myself lucky?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I figured if one was having good luck in the spins, they could get the 3 GPs before finishing the 100 sequential quests. And that left me wondering about the point of having 100.
For whatever reason, a lot of players equate getting grand prize #3 with completing the event, and/or being successful at it.
Statistically, the only way to get GP 3 is to use at least some of the double days, but often the so-called "grand" prizes are quite inferior to the prizes offered on non-double days.

Should I be considering myself lucky?
yes:)

DeletedUser19723

For whatever reason, a lot of players equate getting grand prize #3 with completing the event, and/or being successful at it.
Statistically, the only way to get GP 3 is to use at least some of the double days, but often the so-called "grand" prizes are quite inferior to the prizes offered on non-double days.

yes:)

Well I'm having a lot of fun with this event. I'm happy with the prizes I've won/earned so far. If I don't make it to 100 quests completed I won't lose sleep over it. Actually, I'm trying to keep the event in perspective. Developing my city is a higher priority for me right now, as it's all still "new" to me. I think when I've been playing a long time these events will become a nice change of pace from regular game play.......I think :)