• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic Event feedback

DeletedUser19723

About the Frozen Unicorns - - - I have 5, 1 out and 4 in Inventory. I realize the amount of culture they give is only 153 per, but would it be worthwhile to sell off Orange Berry Trees (92) and Purple Blossom Trees (67) and replace them with the unicorns?

This is a bit off the topic, I guess - Since Required Culture and Ranking are closely tied, as is culture needed for development, it means that you can never just sell cultural buildings without thinking about the effect it will have on these things. I think it means you should sell small culture when you can replace it with some that is "bigger?"

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
About the Frozen Unicorns - - - I have 5, 1 out and 4 in Inventory. I realize the amount of culture they give is only 153 per, but would it be worthwhile to sell off Orange Berry Trees (92) and Purple Blossom Trees (67) and replace them with the unicorns?

This is a bit off the topic, I guess - Since Required Culture and Ranking are closely tied, as is culture needed for development, it means that you can never just sell cultural buildings without thinking about the effect it will have on these things. I think it means you should sell small culture when you can replace it with some that is "bigger?"
The only thing to do is place them to get some benefit out of them or disenchant them.
The sooner you place them, the better since you will unlock better stuff later
The later you disenchant them the better since you should have a higher MA level later.

As for ranking, aside from just ignoring it which would be my advice, culture buildings provide zero ranking points, so if you do care about rank, then you want to use as little space as possible for culture- this means placing the highest culture per square buildings in your city or removing the need for pure culture buildings at all by placing some hybrid buildings (such as culture&pop combos, wishing wells, farris wheels etc)

"Bigger" non-event culture is better per square, but virtually all event culture beats all non-event.

Last edited:

DeletedUser19723

The only thing to do is place them to get some benefit out of them or disenchant them.
The sooner you place them, the better since you will unlock better stuff later
The later you disenchant them the better since you should have a higher MA level later.

As for ranking, aside from just ignoring it which would be my advice, culture buildings provide zero ranking points, so if you do care about rank, then you want to use as little space as possible for culture- this means placing the highest culture per square buildings in your city or removing the need for pure culture buildings at all by placing some hybrid buildings (such as culture&pop combos, wishing wells, farris wheels etc)

"Bigger" non-event culture is better per square, but virtually all event culture beats all non-event.

Hmmm....I suppose I could have a frozen unicorn guard to protect my event buildings...

I haven't done any disenchanting because I haven't even done any crafting. I haven't seen anything I wanted to make yet. Wait - I just checked - I could make a crystal unicorn ;)

It's hard to ignore ranks when you start this game. There was nothing more humbling than seeing my rank at 15,000+. Any lower would be called not playing the game. I don't want to be at or near the top; I just want to have a decent rank. When I looking for a fellowship to start in, the majority of them recruiting wanted ranks that I couldn't touch.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Has anyone got a Ferris-Wheel?? I have tried on 3 cities and well over 2000 snowflakes and not a single one... This is the first event since 2015 that I feel unhappy about. I seem to have no good luck at all.

:( Sorry to hear that. That is the kind of bad luck I was having at the beginning of the event. I was in shock last night when I got the 2 Ferris Wheels I wanted in, I think it was, 4 spins :)

DeletedUser5521

You have a lot to learn shimmerfly about how to respond to people. You have no manners at all.
Ms. Tauriel...if I may? Shimmerfly is one of the kindest, sweetest, often times overly-polite contributors to this forum, and to respond to her comment in this way saddens me. Everyone is allowed, on occasion, to be a little harsher than they might normally be without being accused of "having no manners at all." If you have ever read any of her replies to people in the past you must see that she usually has beautiful manners and responds very well to people. Sometimes people just get frustrated by posts here, especially when they see the same things written over and over. I hope you will reconsider your words. They truly were unjustified.. :oops:

shimmerfly

upload_2018-12-17_15-0-18.jpeg

Foldedspace

I think this is the first time I've gotten all the grand prizes, even though I've "finished" many of the previous events, so I'm very happy about that. I LOVE that the grand prizes are cycling back through the daily set buildings as well. I'm expecting to pick the first one up, which was my goal since I missed it the first time around. I prefer this type of event where we get lots of little instants along the way when spending snowflakes or whatever the event currency is. I think the set buildings are much better this time around as well. I've never even been tempted to try for them before. Overall, I've been very happy with this one.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So after getting zero unicorns the last double point day, I got four of them this time! lol

But I do not mind, since at 1100+ culture each, I can find little nooks and crannies to stick them in.

And yes, some buildings have more use for some people than other people, but there is something for all city sizes to make use of. When I first started playing, it felt like the short 10-14 day events were more for the newbies and the 30 day events were for the bigger, more experienced players only.

DeletedUser

I'm sure if you get the other 4,400 available snowflakes you'll do better :)

I probably should have said that it was over 900 in one sitting, not throughout the event so far.

It was more of a "sour grapes" than an actual complaint, Soggy. My friend got the Sphinx on her first attempt. I don't actually have the interest to go the distance on this event. I just really, really wanted that Sphinx. :p