• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic Event Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4194
  • Start date

ET-inf3rno

I find it unfair that I can no longer use supply instants to complete quests, that are demanding supply. I don't have many workshops and even for the last major event I had to build another magic workshop and use time boosters and diamonds to finish 1 day productions. Now we no longer have double production for magic workshops and we can no longer use supply instants either. To be honest I could solve the supply production even without workshops and magic workshops using only AWs and instants, I have these buildings only for the events. Now I start questioning whether it is really worth to spend my time on these events, because magic workshops use up a lot of space, pop and culture and the daily exclusives and evolving buildings I got in exchange are not that great. At least not this time.... Same is true for goods production. We can no longer trade for that and the quests require a big amount which I can produce in 3h using 10 factories and MM spells. Maybe because I am in the beginning of the new chapter, idk, but it feels a lot more than we previously had. Meanwhile factories are relative useless here too, because I researched the optional SSUs in the first 13 chapters, which I cannot undo, but which made my catering costs ridiculously high. Even a single tent beyond province 30 costs hundreds of thousands of goods. They are good only for negotiating provinces, which no longer give province expansion. The only advantage of doing them is being able to compete with KP pushers on tournaments. Sometimes I wonder why I am still playing this game.

edit:
Using the teleport building spell might solve this.

Last edited:

ET-inf3rno

I don't click on the bricks, just click on the hammer and then the "ok" button to close the window quickly and click on another hammer.

My point was merely that it is completely random, all we're getting is two animations (the gold bricks being sequentially lit, and then the elements of the gingerbread house plopping into place). Such a time and energy waste.

In previous events where you had to make progress towards those "grand" prizes, the flags (or whatever) were filled automatically as you opened chests. I would like the same to be true with the house.

I don't get why this hammering thing is necessary. It is really boring if you have collected 20+ hammers and it does not really do anything useful. I don't like the new chest system, because I can no longer go for time boosters or daily exclusives, but if the developers think that this is fair, then I can accept it.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
o_O Are you not using it?? My goodness... I fight 90% of the time and still struggle to maintain T1 supply. It's only since the new upgraded mechanic that I've gone up to 6 T1 factories that I finally am able to keep myself above 2 mil in each T1 (but I easily use 1+ mil in each tier during a tourney even though I mostly fight). I say use that!! Go nuts in tournaments. Take cross tier trades that everyone insists on putting up. Give some to your fellowship who probably need it. No use holding that much.
Well...part of the problem is I do give it away if I can get FS members to take it, lol! Great bunch of folks who don't want to 'take advantage'. We push for the 10th chest every 4th week and generally I can give a bunch away then (by hammering away at 'it helps me, too...I want to do this'). This planks tourney is our push week, so it had been getting up there before the event started wanting so many of these quests from me. When the event ends, all my marble are being teleported, lol! I'm at the end of Constructs and I can use that space for the extra Sentient factories that it looks like I'm going to need, lol!
Any balancing trades I place are always discounted 10%; may change that to 20 if I don't see my inventory decreasing with this tourney.
Second problem: my tourney average in this city is 4292 and my personal best is 6810; 99% of that is from fighting. With this being a push week, I may try to break that personal best...but, really I just need to reduce production drastically, lol!
And I'll be damned if I start taking cross tier trades from outside the FS (though I will with a neighbor who asks; I'm in a good area and have had many of my neighbors for over 2yrs here). Not like I need the T3's since I'm north of 8mil in inventory there and I have more T2 than T3... I'm just solidly overproducing.
I'm thinking about learning the diplomacy part of the Spire. Have completed it through manual fighting a few times, but haven't tried the diplomacy part yet. I'm in a spot where I can afford to lose resources as I learn, so why not?

Risen Malchiah

@samidodamage You're in a good position then. I agree about not wanting to take cross-tier just on principle. I do it to help lower level players or for occasional balancing but if a player *only* posts T3>T1 cross tier, I just ignore them all. Definitely encourage your fellowship to take you up on your generosity though. It helps a lot when they realize that you could cater an extra province yourself *or* those same goods could cover a whole round (or even the entire week) for a lower level player. I encourage my pre-Dwarves FS players to post 0-star trades for tourney goods. Some are reluctant to do it, but the few who do help push us higher in the tournament and that helps everyone.

Deleted User - 3932582

Is there any way to see how many quests you have finished?
For the regular section (up to #130) ribbon cost closely correlates with the number of quests (if you know the number of ribbons on your current quest, you can tell how many quests you have finished usually within 3 quests). Once you hit the "bonus" 20-everything section... not so much.

DeletedUser24133

For the regular section (up to #130) ribbon cost closely correlates with the number of quests (if you know the number of ribbons on your current quest, you can tell how many quests you have finished usually within 3 quests). Once you hit the "bonus" 20-everything section... not so much.
Thank you for the info

DeletedUser24112

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please take a moment to let us know what you think about our Winter Magic Event!

We hope you enjoy it and we look forward to hearing what you think!

Kind Regards,
Your Elvenar Team
In a city building winter event, what I am a fan of is getting a present, another present, an unexpected present, then, hello, a whole new present. The snow cascades down and the lights shine bright as I gather a huge inventory. I think my boss knows all about, when the characters get those shiny eyes and start sweeping up or making toys. We have a ginger bread man animated that has the ghostly effect. It does take some time to build 50 points for a present. I assume I'll get an invaluable thing sooner or later.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Is there any way to see how many quests you have finished?

Unless you were counting, then no, there is not an easy way to know exactly how many you have done. There are five sets of quests, the first 29 that everyone gets in the same order, then there are three sets of randomized quests, followed by the bonus quests. The Elvengems website only lists ribbon values for the first 29, so if you are getting more than 26 ribbons per quest, you have finished the first 29. You can still tell which group you are working on though, even if not the exact number. For each group of quests, the quest giver says a specific sentence. For quests 30-79, he says "You would do the Goblin community a great service! " For quests 80-109, he says "I hope this is not too much to ask." And for quests 110-129, he says "Let us keep the Elvenade brewing!" Quests 130 and 131 have special text too. Then comes the bonus quests from 132+ and are worth only 20 ribbons each, so you will know if you get there.

@MinMax Gamer That depends on your definition of "closely". The ribbon value for quest 110 is 51. That does not seem close to me.

Deleted User - 3932582

@MinMax Gamer That depends on your definition of "closely". The ribbon value for quest 110 is 51. That does not seem close to me.
Correlates <> equal. What I meant is that knowing value of the current quest you can basically pinpoint your quest number, as long as you're not in the bonus section. If your current quest yields 51, it can only be quest #110, 111 or 112.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Correlates <> equal. What I meant is that knowing value of the current quest you can basically pinpoint your quest number, as long as you're not in the bonus section. If your current quest yields 51, it can only be quest #110, 111 or 112.

Since the normal website for this info does not have any ribbon values listed beyond quest 29, I do not know where you are going to go finding that to begin with.

Deleted User - 4366037

I just spent approximately 2,100 ribbons I had saved up to obtain the daily prize, which I was not able to obtain (kept hitting reshuffle first). I suppose the best way I could summarize my feelings for this event is that it has left me feeling as empty as my current inventory.

DeletedUser3489

Is it the intention of this event to punish active players? Well, seems so to me, as I've hit the 20 ribbon-things per quest level, without that much effort. And now with more than three weeks left on the event all I can do is basically tread water (low ribbon pay-out for difficult quests)? When you combine this fact with the structure of this event, with such a level of mandatory randomness preventing us from tactically obtaining specific rewards in line with our game strategy, I've got to give this a 'two thumbs down'. Rather reminds me of Communism, i.e., a system designed so that nobody can get ahead. (Communism was of course a much greater scourge than some silly Elvenar game policy, just a poor comparison I make to underline the frustration.)

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
All I can say is WOW! So many pages of unhappy players. Do you think they will get a clue? I sincerely doubt it :( I'm thinking when they switched around our Elvenar team they decided to plug in as much as possible from FoE instead of doing anything new and/or improved for Elvenar. Even though I am not a fan of another game being discussed on this forum, this time I'm glad to have read that FoE players don't like this event set up either. So I'm gathering that Inno just doesn't give a damn whether players like what they plop into our game. They appear to have an agenda to erode development by taking a one size fits all path. I won't even go into my disdain for the Spire that apparently came from FoE. Players' enjoyment of the game be damned :mad: I'm really sad to see this game that I loved becoming such a cluster of frustration! :(:(

chgobob33

Ok, With the old events you sort of knew how many "thingys=ribbons etc" you'd need approximately to get a Level 10 Prize. Has anyone figured out roughly how many ribbons is average or even an example? I'm in chapter 15 (who knows when next chapter will ever arrive so don't want to overscout), not to the horrible 20 ribbon "bonus" quests yet. Does anyone know if when you hit the bonus quests INNO figures you are likely to have earned a lvl 10 House, or lvl 7 or lvl 3 etc???? I'm at 3975 Ribbons and I think have about another 20 regular quests to go.

Deleted User - 3932582

Ok, With the old events you sort of knew how many "thingys=ribbons etc" you'd need approximately to get a Level 10 Prize. Has anyone figured out roughly how many ribbons is average or even an example? I'm in chapter 15 (who knows when next chapter will ever arrive so don't want to overscout), not to the horrible 20 ribbon "bonus" quests yet. Does anyone know if when you hit the bonus quests INNO figures you are likely to have earned a lvl 10 House, or lvl 7 or lvl 3 etc???? I'm at 3975 Ribbons and I think have about another 20 regular quests to go.
They said that they tuned the regular section in such a way that it should be barely enough for a fully evolved building, and given variability of results some people won't be able to hit that target with just regular quests. My simulation shows ribbon cost per grand prize of 325, and you need 17 GP to hit L10 meaning you need slightly less than 5600 ribbons for L10 on average. After completing the regular quest line and with some initial ribbons + city collections I had about 5250 ribbons, so this roughly checks out. I believe people who already rolled the dice after completing regular quest line also report L9-L10 evolutions.

DeletedUser24458

@qaccy It generally is NEVER best to have your manufs at maximum level. They are in efficient if you are a non$$$$$ player. For free player you have lower population and culture/square since you don't use Magic. The upgrade requirements dictate it's best to stay way behind max level. I generally have my Manufs 8-10 levels below max. There is an efficiency calculator out there that proves this. Well until INNOs nightmare demand my T1's be lvl 24 Ugh!!

I do not need the T1 but now have 24 of the stupid things for events. I have 22.5 MILLION T1 in storage, I don't need any more. :(
I just hit the 1 billion mark in T1 goods in inventory with these event quests in my Constructs city...I'll teleport the factories when the event is over and see how long I can go without them...

Seems the Elvenar team needs to come up with a great way to dump resources in! And not just buying kp and the "wholesale" trader. I am not even close to sentient good production but from what I hear, the events are not taking that into consideration.

Those who are producing sentient goods, would adding that to the manufactory quests be a good idea or is it already too hard to keep up with demand? Was thinking of some way to bridge the beg/mid game with end game in event quests so you do not feel punished. idk really

Edit: I am at the end of chapter 6 and am sitting at 80K of tier 1 goods and have no outlet for them either.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Those who are producing sentient goods, would adding that to the manufactory quests be a good idea or is it already too hard to keep up with demand? Was thinking of some way to bridge the beg/mid game with end game in event quests so you do not feel punished. idk really
Unless they are combining the sentient progress with normal progress, adding the sentient accumulation to the quest as another possibility does not do much.