• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic Event Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4194
  • Start date

Pheryll

Set Designer
... I have 4 magic workshops in my S city and 8 in my C city and even 2 would be enough to cover the supply demands with the high level PT and EE I have.

Pretty much my point. The later in chapters you go the less space you need to allocate to workshops.

Even without VR3 it was possible to achieve this, it started with the fields of gold and phoenix cult buildings.

Fields of gold is more than a chapter behind the magic residence population density.

Deleted User - 3932582

Yes, I included all ribbons I had gotten up to finishing all the regular quests, so 4800 for quests + 100 for newsletter + one vv chest for 150 + maybe 750 as prizes from presents + between 10 and 15 shuffles + a couple of 2x in there for ribbons and I am still 21 bricks short of a maxed building. I have used at least 6000 ribbons by now.
Sounds pretty much bang on average to me. Number of ribbons from presents is lower then expected (but it doesn't sound that you've measured it precisely anyway). The grand prize is pretty much right on. Here is what my simulation shows for expected values after the regular quests:

Ribbons gained before opening presents: 5200 (I used my number as not sure if you picked up any from the city - but I haven't got 150 from VVs; you also missed initial 100 that everyone starts with)
Ribbons gained from opening presents: 1400 (so if 750 is accurate that would be on the low end)
Grand Prizes: 16 (so 1 GP short of L10, which sounds exactly where you're at)
Dailies: 9.5 (that's the real bummer comparing to previous events...)
# of reshuffles: 17

DeletedUser2870

Pretty much my point. The later in chapters you go the less space you need to allocate to workshops.

The problem is that, especially with the upgrades in chapter 15 one can do with way fewer workshops. Fine, except it means these end-game players get screwed over in the event. Fewer workshops means it is much harder to get the x-amount of productions done and since they need to be leveled to about your chapter that means either keeping around several extra workshops that are using up pop and giving supplies one can hardly use for anything (I mean, the rip-off saler? really? Why would I want to keep extra workshops around for that?) or selling off a few and being royally screwed in the new events.
Wow, what a choice. Now with the magical ones not even counting double that makes it even worse.

DeletedUser2870

Yes yes, uh huh (head flapping up and down as I rolly my eyes)

Sane poop, different game.

Great fodder for people in forums to eat but hardly useful because as someone who has been a CommunityManager in 3 games, ForumMod in 2 games and a direct user to programmer link from forums/suggestions in 2 games from over like 15 games over the last twenty years I can assure people that if 1% of what is asked/begged/demanded in these forums are taken into consideration by the dev team, I would be VERY surprised. Especially a dev team who are not primarily English.
I too have been a forum mod and an extensive beta-tester, as well worked on developing games.
Though I agree not everything can be considered, this game seems to be especially bad at it. The language 'argument' you make is a lot of humbug, as many exactly the same complaints are being made on severs in other languages as well, and yes, even the German one. But English is pretty much THE standard in communicating about programming (at least in the west) so the argument was moot from the start.

Changes to games with thousands of users need HUNDREDS of negative replies. One and two and maybe ten? Unless the game is crashing/bent or broken somehow? They're ignored. The development of NEW code takes 85-90% of developer time. 5% perhaps on bug/enhancement of existing and maybe...MAYBE 5% on user interaction unless it's a game provider focus group like a beta game. Developers will spend time with beta people but those bugs are part of the 85-90% as they're considered code that hasn't been perfected/provided yet.
The problem here is there IS no real beta-testing. There is the so-called beta server, which is not very different from any of the live-servers except it is generally 2 weeks ahead. Yes, some issues get caught there, as is to be expected, but feedback from beta-players is routinely ignored. Partly I guess that is because the amount of players is way too large, again most players on that server aren't active on the forum, but are there just to get a look at what's coming. That makes it into just another server, not a real testing-ground and also defeats the ability to communicate with the devs in a constructive manner.

So all people like me can do is to try to get people to gang up and get some change. You'll generally notice that the strong players in a game don't reply/spend much time in the forums? Why? They report new code bugs to a bug reporting system/they realize the forums are just spots to try to calm pissed off people or they're past whatever is a problem like an ill advised change to the crafting system that lower characters can't use to even try to keep up with the higher lvls let along gain a bit.
Strong players not active on the forum? Maybe you should look around. Most of the active members on the forum are advanced /stromg/ regular players. The number is dropping, since a lot of the changes have been chasing loyal, long-time, paying players away, but still.

As far as I'm concerned there are several problems with/for the dev-team
- lack of testing and lack of a proper testing ground where issues can be reported
- lack of communication. Ideas/suggestions can be categorized. The sheer volume makes sure not everything can be used, but proper communication about that is lacking.
- utter disregard for the feedback they are given on both beta- and live-servers. When testing something on beta and 90% of the feedback is negative that should give pause instead of just trampling on the feedback and implementing it anyway. I understand the devs sometimes have an idea and don't like it being shot down by players, but that is the difference between the drawing-board and real-life play. Routinely disregarding feedback doesn't really inspire players to give feedback in a constructive way, so it will generate more complaints, not more helpful suggestions.

The Unbeliever

All I can say is WOW! So many pages of unhappy players. Do you think they will get a clue? I sincerely doubt it :( I'm thinking when they switched around our Elvenar team they decided to plug in as much as possible from FoE instead of doing anything new and/or improved for Elvenar. Even though I am not a fan of another game being discussed on this forum, this time I'm glad to have read that FoE players don't like this event set up either. So I'm gathering that Inno just doesn't give a damn whether players like what they plop into our game. They appear to have an agenda to erode development by taking a one size fits all path. I won't even go into my disdain for the Spire that apparently came from FoE. Players' enjoyment of the game be damned :mad: I'm really sad to see this game that I loved becoming such a cluster of frustration! :(:(
There's honestly nothing wrong with porting FoE elements over here, and many Elvenar elements have been very successfully ported over to FoE... (ie: '3 chest' event system, Grand Prize currency collection w/alternating upgrades + select buildings, 'Crafting' = 'Antiques Dealer', etc...)

The problem here is that the honestly great FoE aspects we've received here have instead been turned into lazy, uninspired, dumpster fires.
(ie: think of it as FoE getting OT Star Wars and instead we just got fething Disney'd! :mad: :mad: :mad: )

Take the Spire of Eternal Misery for example, which is just 'high fantasy reskin of Guild Expeditions'...
In the FoE version, Lv's 1 & 2 are pretty easy overall, and even your 'average' casual daily player can chug through Lv2 with only some moderate difficulty. On the other hand, the 'rewards' for Lv1 especially reflect it's ease of play, and only the back half of Lv2 starts to get generally rewarding.
Now Lv3 and especially Lv4 get quite challenging to fight, (not withstanding once you hit stupid-high AW's which here, would be the equivalent of end-game players w/all military AW's @Lv16-20+), and Lv4 especially is a glutton for goods.
BUT
Our Elvenar version, our useless dev team literally just went, "hey guys, let's make everything Lv4 difficulty right from the start - what could possibly go wrong!?!"
So basically everyone who's not a near end-game player with all high level (ie: Lv15/16-20+) AW's and the ability to churn out 10,000's of resources per day is basically just screwed and forever stuck at maybe completing just Lv1.

Likewise, with this Winter event...
Okay, yes, we FoE players HATE this prize system with the passion of a thousand burning suns!
BUT!
At least we're 99% guaranteed to land a fully leveled grand prize building just by 100% completing the event... here, they managed to screw even that up, as the ONLY way to get a Lv10, will be to;
1. finish the entire main quest line
2. maximise your daily ribbon collection from around your city. (ie: if you can't manage at least 20 ribbon token collections per day, you're probably screwed)
3. get lucky on the RNG rolls for # of bricks

And completing the main quest line is a bugger for anyone who gets hosed by the 'randumb' nature of the quests themselves...
ie: imagine being the poor sod who gets a 'Scout/Research' or 'collect Vision Vapors' task every other quest for 10-12+ quests, or the poor Ch2-4 player who gets nothing but 'produce goods' and 'produce supplies' for 20-30 quests in a row!:p

I really wish that the Elvenar team would just get it through their thick skulls that there is no point in trying to 'balance' the game as a minority of players will ALWAYS find a way to beat your system!!
But instead, they keep punishing the 99% to try and reign in the 1% or so who manage to 'break' the system...

Remember, "if *everything* is over powered, then *nothing* really is."
The devs need to just stop trying to artificially force across the board balance into the game because all they're doing is burning down the castle to kill a lone bug.:rolleyes:

I just hit the 1 billion mark in T1 goods in inventory with these event quests in my Constructs city...I'll teleport the factories when the event is over and see how long I can go without them...
Are you sure you don't mean 100 million? A billion would be an average of 333 million planks, steel, and marble, and would take about 27 years of non-stop 3 hour productions with your 4 T1 factories. If you actually have a billion, I'd like some tips on how to increase production.

Black watch

Strong players not active on the forum? Maybe you should look around. Most of the active members on the forum are advanced /stromg/ regular players. The number is dropping, since a lot of the changes have been chasing loyal, long-time, paying players away, but still.

As far as I'm concerned there are several problems with/for the dev-team
- lack of testing and lack of a proper testing ground where issues can be reported
- lack of communication. Ideas/suggestions can be categorized. The sheer volume makes sure not everything can be used, but proper communication about that is lacking.
- utter disregard for the feedback they are given on both beta- and live-servers. When testing something on beta and 90% of the feedback is negative that should give pause instead of just trampling on the feedback and implementing it anyway. I understand the devs sometimes have an idea and don't like it being shot down by players, but that is the difference between the drawing-board and real-life play. Routinely disregarding feedback doesn't really inspire players to give feedback in a constructive way, so it will generate more complaints, not more helpful suggestions.

I agree! I just counted 9 high level players that used to be VERY active in my neighborhood, now have quit the game, most by far within the last 3 months. These were people that spent money.
I don't know who is running things in INNO, but this is getting worse, not better.

They've made a few improvements over the game "recently", but these were fixes to long term aspects of the game that needed to be addressed. They finally fixed them and made the improvements (and we are thrilled about THAT)... however, the other part of their team seems hell bent on pressing forward into doing just what you've said Dhurrin.

In this day and age, I would have thought that a company lives or dies by customer support and producing a quality product... when you continually change your product's overall direction, you start to alienate your player base.
Personally, the only reason I'm still playing this game right now, is the clan I'm in is full of wonderful people and I enjoy chatting with them.

ET-inf3rno

Fields of gold is more than a chapter behind the magic residence population density.

People tend to forget that magic residences use up culture, so to keep the same culture bonus you need to build more culture buildings to compensate, which take up place too, not to mention the road connection. If you leave the culture bonus low, then you need more workshops, which again use more population and culture, for which you need to build more residences and more culture buildings, and so on. If you don't have the diamonds for magic buildings, then upgrading normal residences and workshops will drain coins and supplies totally, so you need to build even more workshops and residences and culture buildings to progress. Getting rid all of that crap was my best decision in this game. I have 10-8-8 factories on max level and 1-1-1 sentient on max level, 6 armories and I no longer have the supply problems I used to have with 14 normal workshops and maybe half of the factories I have now. I could build even more factories, it just does not make sense, because catering costs are ridiculous for me. 0.5M goods for a single tent just does not worth it and nobody told me not to do optional SSUs, when I started... Now I focus on military buildings, so the current evolving building is totally useless for me. On the other hand the brown bears made a massive difference. Using them with time boosters can multiply my army...

The later in chapters you go the less space you need to allocate to workshops.

I do the same with my chapter 9 city too. It needs a little bit more supplies because I don't have extra event buildings that produce supplies and my PT and EE are on lower levels, but I could manage that too with 4 magic workshops. I just keep the other 4 to be better on events and they are still 3 chapters behind. I think I keep them that way and put them into the inventory. They will be useful for the events. As of the residences I have zero of them. Not even magic ones. And coin production is not an issue there, the GA and the bears give enough and when I rarely run out of it, then I use up a coin instant. I can craft and win more coin instants than I use. I have 8-6-8 factories there, I'll build more to have 10-10-10 later. So even with a small city you just don't need that many workshops. Having high level AWs, culture bonus and some instants is enough.

Last edited:

ET-inf3rno

The problem is that, especially with the upgrades in chapter 15 one can do with way fewer workshops. Fine, except it means these end-game players get screwed over in the event. Fewer workshops means it is much harder to get the x-amount of productions done and since they need to be leveled to about your chapter that means either keeping around several extra workshops that are using up pop and giving supplies one can hardly use for anything (I mean, the rip-off saler? really? Why would I want to keep extra workshops around for that?) or selling off a few and being royally screwed in the new events.
Wow, what a choice. Now with the magical ones not even counting double that makes it even worse.

All you can do is teleporting the workshops and T1 factories to the inventory after the event. It is too late for me on this event, I might skip it entirely and prepare for the next event, by building more T1 and normal or magic workshops.

Another thought about this event, that if I compare it with the last xmas event, where I won 4 xmas trees and solved mana production for eternity, it is just a massive disappointment from every perspective.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 312108

I played through this event on beta and playing it on live.... all in all I dislike it intensely. I abhor the buy 10 KP quest. The 15 VV/research 1 technology is a potential blocker quest especially for mid-level players who may not have a lot of relics. I loathe the clickiness of building the gingerbread house. I do NOT want to click to get bricks or do additional clicking. I find no joy at all in the prize board as I have little to no chance of controlling on getting what I want. The prizes have been trashed so instead of getting a fair amount of 2 hour and 8 hour time boosts you get stuff that no one really wants.

All in all, an utter waste of time and effort to play in.

So, all in all, while mostly the quests have improved, for me this event is a fail very simply due to the fact that from quests to prize board player choice has taken a hike. Allow me to control what prizes I have a chance for and HOW I complete the quests. That is where gain vs. produce is a plus and gain relics over complete encounters is a plus. The more you allow the players to choose how to complete quests or have options to select what prizes they are after, the more likely they are to actually want to participate.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Are you sure you don't mean 100 million?
Inventory.png
So adding it up in my head is not such a good thing, huh? :D You were right, it's 100million

Black watch

I just tried for the 8 hr boosts.... missed on ever click... even got the x2 and the magnifying glass had my choice of a coin rain and a POP spell. Can someone tell me why all the crap that's in the MA is filling the presents... I now have more things in my vault than I want or need. I'd break them down as fragments, but I'm swimming in those too.
Presents... strategy... extra clicking... Extra frustration is what it is and really, STRATEGY? WHO THE HELL ARE THEY TRYING TO KID? We've got no realistic chance at getting something we went through the effort to try for. This is like playing the lottery... a waist of time...
PURE CHANCE... PURE GARBAGE

WolfSinger

I just tried for the 8 hr boosts.... missed on ever click... even got the x2 and the magnifying glass had my choice of a coin rain and a POP spell.

I had those two come up with two things I wasn't interested in - so took a chance on something I didn't know what was and got lucky - got pet food.
If you know you absolutely don't want what's revealed by the glass - avoid those two items and take a chance on something unknown.

Pheryll

Set Designer
It appears that some people from Beta were able to discover a pattern in the grid generation and apply that to live to get ribbon and reshuffle rewards for what is possibly unlimited event currency and grand prize progress. I wonder if the Elvenar team is going to clamp down even harder on the next event given a weakness was found and used.

Deleted User - 3932582

It appears that some people from Beta were able to discover a pattern in the grid generation and apply that to live to get ribbon and reshuffle rewards for what is possibly unlimited event currency and grand prize progress. I wonder if the Elvenar team is going to clamp down even harder on the next event given a weakness was found and used.
It wasn't discovered on beta, as it is an issue on multiple world realms ;) Beta has only one world, so this exploit doesn't work there. And they better fix it ASAP, or there will be a lot of people with double-digit GPs...