• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic Event Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4194
  • Start date

Deleted User - 3932582

I would say two buildings again, but I have read about the lower amounts of event currency for this one, so one fully evolved building is reasonable instead.
Yeah, two L10 GP building would be tough as far as I can tell. In particular because timeboosts are pretty scarce this time around. And "bonus" quest payouts are ridiculously low, and I am pretty sure that the whole second building would have to be done with bonus quests only.

Not to mention the building is pretty ugly IMO ;) I'd rather stick with Moonstone Libraries and Winter Fairs for my T2.

The Unbeliever

I completed 2 1/2 bears from that event and I spent no diamonds or real money to do it, so what was the problem for other people?

This event is giving out a building that is basically the Mermaid building, bit for tier 2 goods, and I completed 2 of those while spending no diamonds or money either. So unless I get seriously bad luck, which can happen in any of these events, I would expect to fully complete at least one building while spending nothing on the event. I would say two buildings again, but I have read about the lower amounts of event currency for this one, so one fully evolved building is reasonable instead.
...and how many time boosters did you burn through to achieve that?
Also, generally, the events are much easier the further into the game a player is, as you are far more flush with resources in general, and typically only get hosed by lots of 'Scout a province' quests.

Plenty of players got screwed over by Inno's lack of communication over needing high level workshops/factories & therefore lost out on up to a week of event time just leveling up buildings...
Likewise, plenty of players got RNG-screwed with back-to-back-to-back instances of high demand quests such as the atrocious VV's. (I had 4 out of 5 quests at one point demanding this gak!)
Plenty of players had no or else only limited stockpiles of time instants to help crash through things like long scouts and/or multiple demands for toolbox quests...
Sometimes players got hosed by getting a slew of 'gain relics' or 'do encounters/tournament encounters' just as the tournaments had ended and/or were too tapped out to continue, and thus had to wait up to 3-4 days before being able to continue...

There's plenty of reasons why many players struggled last event.
Just because YOU found it easy doesn't mean it wasn't a flaming pile of rodent gak.

qaccy

I'm still kinda concerned by the fact that people were disrupted by the new requirement to have level-appropriate workshops and factories in their cities. Event buildings aside, isn't the point of the game in general, not just events, to have the buildings in your city as close to the max level as possible? Ever since I started playing I've always kept everything in my city at the top level or have always been working to get them there. Is it actually a common thing to have buildings far below what you're able to upgrade them to that this new requirement was really a huge problem?

As far as the grand prize goes, I'm fine with it. FoE's gotten absolutely out of control by now with how over-the-top the event prizes are compared to what's obtained in the game normally but Elvenar is seemingly trying to keep things far more reasonable. That's probably only temporary, but for now I'm hoping Inno avoids the trend FoE has where each new event is trying to outdo the prizes from the previous one because really that's not very sustainable as far as game balance is concerned.

In case what I'm saying is unclear: I think FoE has a worse approach to events than Elvenar does. Elvenar requires relatively more work for generally tamer prizes, but it's much more balanced that way in terms of the whole game compared to FoE basically vomiting better and better prizes on players with every new event. It's possible to have too much of a good thing and that's exactly where FoE is right now. Everything that doesn't come from an event is essentially meaningless, and even event prizes are pretty meaningless because everything you win from one event is going to be outclassed by whatever comes in the next one. It's become an endless cycle of replacing event buildings and in that way, FoE's less fun for me than Elvenar is because FoE doesn't really care about city balance anymore and that's supposed to be one of the core pillars of the game.

Last edited:

juniperknome

i the prize building are kind of blah this time. i need a wow that is good to put in the city. we demand or at least soon the great candy apple 5x5 building drops once day to bestow the new years resolution. lol i am going for the speeds this time

DeletedUser22511

is there google drive sheet for event? with list of quests, daily prize etc

okay tried daily reward and grand prize thing. It's possibly the worst system i ever encountered ever since i started this game.
Previously, i could look at date & event and save up to get buildings i wanted in large quantity but with this event, i don't think i can. Not sure how many daily prize is in boxes but i don't think i can get as much as i would want...

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfSinger

Just started the event - and got the solve 2 encounters or 8 tournament encounters. Until I see more of the encounter quests it is too early to be sure - but MAYBE, just MAYBE they listened to one of the comments I and other made during the last event - to keep the encounters based on factors of 4 since the tourney (and the Spire) are done in groups of 4 encounters. Also if IIRC previous quests were on a 5 to one ratio one regular encounter vs 5 tourney encounters (9 regular or 45 tourney seems to be one of the ones I remember). So kudos to the devs for the slight reduction in the ratio 2 regular or 8 tourney (1 to 4 instead of 1 to 5).

Hopefully this ratio as well as basing the tourney encounters on a factor of 4 will continue throughout the event.

nothingpants

Can you please please please offer viable options for non-combat players :( It takes me 1m20s to produce a unit, so producing a stack of units is impossible. Providing a secondary option of any type to those quests would be really appreciated.

Also since I'm not usually pumping supplies into a Barracks, I only use 2 workshops (soon to be 3 due to the Elvenarian guest race requirements, I expect to go back to 2 when I'm done). So the quests of producing X output from a workshop of your level are quite difficult as well. I do appreciate that those have been moved to the "extra" quests beyond the regular questline, and those are supposed to be harder. But again it feels like trade-only cities are not being supported.

Pretty much every official game description presents the idea that you can prosper via trade without combat - on the game's home page "You can either become a skilled and well-known trader, refine your producing art or lead your troops to victory in 3D-animated battles, the decision is up to you". Please try to live up to this by providing viable options for pacifistic cities.

The Unbeliever

I'm still kinda concerned by the fact that people were disrupted by the new requirement to have level-appropriate workshops and factories in their cities. Event buildings aside, isn't the point of the game in general, not just events, to have the buildings in your city as close to the max level as possible? Ever since I started playing I've always kept everything in my city at the top level or have always been working to get them there. Is it actually a common thing to have buildings far below what you're able to upgrade them to that this new requirement was really a huge problem?

As far as the grand prize goes, I'm fine with it. FoE's gotten absolutely out of control by now with how over-the-top the event prizes are compared to what's obtained in the game normally but Elvenar is seemingly trying to keep things far more reasonable. That's probably only temporary, but for now I'm hoping Inno avoids the trend FoE has where each new event is trying to outdo the prizes from the previous one because really that's not very sustainable as far as game balance is concerned.

In case what I'm saying is unclear: I think FoE has a worse approach to events than Elvenar does. Elvenar requires relatively more work for generally tamer prizes, but it's much more balanced that way in terms of the whole game compared to FoE basically vomiting better and better prizes on players with every new event. It's possible to have too much of a good thing and that's exactly where FoE is right now. Everything that doesn't come from an event is essentially meaningless, and even event prizes are pretty meaningless because everything you win from one event is going to be outclassed by whatever comes in the next one. It's become an endless cycle of replacing event buildings and in that way, FoE's less fun for me than Elvenar is because FoE doesn't really care about city balance anymore and that's supposed to be one of the core pillars of the game.
"If everything is over powered, then nothing really is."
- 40k proverb

Elvenar's balance is beyond gak because everything is so exclusive (ie: phoenix & bears) and/or is out of reach due to tech locking (AW's)
So longer time players will ALWAYS have a massive leg-up over newer players, while early - mid game players will always be a drag on their fellowships due to lack of proper augments.
(ie: despite being O&G's chapter with a decent military production, my ability to help out in say plank + elixir tournaments is awful, because my mortars suck and I have no way to boost them as their relevent AW is locked away until the end of Halflings!)

At least in FoE AW's aren't tech locked so even small players can build up solid boosts and be able to contribute just as equally as the biggest players do.

Or even this year's Winter event; the so-called "grand prize" is a dumpster fire. But if you were around last year & got a bunch of the Winter Village set buildings? OP as hell.
So now anyone who wasn't around for last year's event is even further behind last year's event, simply because they've so badly nerfed everything about this year's event. >.<

Devs need to choose: either everything needs to be under powered so nothing is beyond the capabilities of already existing buildings...
OR
just open the flood gates and keep making every new event more powerful than the previous...

The latter is the far better option since;
a) newer players will be better able to 'keep pace' with more veteran players, and thus be seen in a more positive light especially on the Fellowship front
b) diamond spenders have a reason to 'chase the dragon' and keep throwing $$$ at every event so they can stay 'at the top'

Again, it's very simple; "If EVERYTHING is over powered, then NOTHING really is."

hvariidh gwendrot

so 1 daily prize per 20 gift boxes and no way to reshuffle till you clear all 20 boxes at 50 ribbons each ? so at best 1000 ribbons per daily prize ?? am i missing a reshuffle button .. if i win a wishing well on first pick i still have to clear 19 more to get a reset ?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
so 1 daily prize per 20 gift boxes and no way to reshuffle till you clear all 20 boxes at 50 ribbons each ? so at best 1000 ribbons per daily prize ?? am i missing a reshuffle button .. if i win a wishing well on first pick i still have to clear 19 more to get a reset ?
One of your 20 "prizes" should be a reshuffle, which gives you back your ribbons and refreshes the board with new results.

And I put "prizes" in quotes, because never before have I felt like less of a winner than this time.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
So I should not speak up for fairness because it's an optional part of the game?
You should speak about anything you want. As I will.

Whether or not their advertising is "fair," it's not particularly inaccurate in comparison to pretty much all other advertising.

hvariidh gwendrot

ok so on my small city i did about 1/2 of those rtard gift boxes and got a reshuffle and it automatically reshuffled resetting it at 20 vs i had 10 boxes with a daily prize to pick from making it twice as hard %wise to get the daily prize hahahaha man inno get the rectrocranium condition you all have fixed please then leave stuff people like in the game alone

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Pretty much every official game description presents the idea that you can prosper via trade without combat - on the game's home page "You can either become a skilled and well-known trader, refine your producing art or lead your troops to victory in 3D-animated battles, the decision is up to you". Please try to live up to this by providing viable options for pacifistic cities.

Never having to fight a combat is not the same as never needing to produce troops for a chapter quest or an event quest. It is like still needing to build and upgrade several armories to produce the little orcs that are needed for non-combat upgrades starting with chapter 8. Those armories are military buildings, but you do not have to use them for military purposes. Same with troops. You never have to use them to fight.

khaira

anyone stuck on quest #15? i've been trying to buy 10 kp but it won't work. frustrating as i can't move forward and could have completed a bunch more quests by now :(