• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic Event Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4194
  • Start date

Risen Malchiah

This was a bug report previously submitted on Beta to which Kerseptje identified it as not a bug. The only productions counted in produce quests are the direct collection from buildings. The panda feed bonus and the crystal lighthouse chests do not count.
It is maddening trying to figure out what works and what doesn't in each event. Collect this but not that. These enchantments count but those don't, etc. The game used to be intuitive and it's gotten less so over time. If I was a new player, I doubt the current game would hold my interest simply out of confusion.
I take your point - but I don't think it is realistic to tailor all events to suit players who have just started.
Accept that when you start the game there are things you simply can't do until your city is stronger.
It only takes a few weeks to do that, if you know what you are doing.
Quests can easily be scaled by chapter (like goods, coins, supplies and troop quests). Buy & Spend KP quests are perfect for that.

Pheryll

Set Designer
When trying to complete these quests, I noticed something. Why does the Humans’ Sacred Priest have a range of 5 and the Elves’ Sorceress only has a range of 3? That’s not fair. Some would consider it racial inequality. As an elf, I protest!

Humans get some good units, elves get others. The sworddancer is an irreplaceable balance for dealing with both light range and mages, while the axe barbarian is easily destroyed. The crossbowman is too defensive, and the archer much more effective until rangers outdo it. The priest outdoes the sorceress, the golem outdoes the mortar. The treant and paladin each have their own place.Humans by and large have 2 excellent barracks unit, while elves have a much more rounded balance.

DeletedUser24458

They are already scaled. KPs cost a lot more for players in later chapters, so same amount <> same cost.
Yes, but with my more advanced city I can recoup much faster than my beginner city. Inno has scaled other quests, it is absolutely reasonable to ask them to scale this as well taking into consideration that smaller cities have less provinces opened up to recoup losses so normal production doesn't come to a screeching halt. I never once thought my beginner city could reach the end of the quest line in any of my cities for events. However, this kp quest has and always will leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Yes, but with my more advanced city I can recoup much faster than my beginner city. Inno has scaled other quests, it is absolutely reasonable to ask them to scale this as well taking into consideration that smaller cities have less provinces opened up to recoup losses so normal production doesn't come to a screeching halt. I never once thought my beginner city could reach the end of the quest line in any of my cities for events. However, this kp quest has and always will leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Advanced cities reach the point where they can stockpile and hold off on continuous buying. Thus there isn't a good way for scaling buy and spend KP quests to them.

Deleted User - 3932582

You know, some advanced cities have no research and scouting times in 4-5 days range, while small cities can complete this quest in a couple of hours. Should these be massively scaled down for advanced cities? Or better yet, scaled up for smaller ones? E.g. Scout 5 provinces or unlock 5 research? ;)

It's the same as discussion of elves vs humans above - you gain some, you lose some.

Risen Malchiah

The scouts (usually) have an alternative completion requirement (namely, research or vision vapor).

The things that dramatically hinder small cities are KP quests, solving tournament encounters, and crafting (using relics new players are less likely to have). Those can be numerically scaled easily. The exact formula would obviously be up to the developers, but while 10 KP may be difficult for a chapter 1 city, it is effortless for me (as long as I didn't go on a KP buying spree between events). I could get that quest 100 times in a row and still be ok since I have so many sources of getting coins. Coin instants become quite powerful the higher we go since it's a percentage of our main hall limit.

And last I heard, the quests that require the Magic Academy still show up for players who don't yet have it. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) The quests should not even appear for ch 1 players.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The things that dramatically hinder small cities are KP quests and solving tournament encounters. Those can be numerically scaled easily. The exact formula would obviously be up to the developers, but while 10 KP may be difficult for a chapter 1 city, it is effortless for me (as long as I didn't go on a KP buying spree between events). I could get that quest 100 times in a row and still be ok since I have so many sources of getting coins. Coin instants become quite powerful the higher we go since it's a percentage of our main hall limit.

Not just coins either. A lot of us late chapter players are swimming in tier 3 boosted goods. I think my cost per KP bought with gems is currently around 6000 or so. Sure that goes up by 10 per KP, but that is still less than 70k Gems right now for 10 KP for me. With my Gems reserves, I could buy a few hundred KP before I ran out.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I take your point - but I don't think it is realistic to tailor all events to suit players who have just started.
Accept that when you start the game there are things you simply can't do until your city is stronger.
It only takes a few weeks to do that, if you know what you are doing.
They can adjust other quests by chapter. Why not have something like "Buy [2Xchapter] KP" or better yet "Gain 2xChapter KP" so that those people who are completely repulsed by buying them can at least complete by waiting a few hours or a day or two.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
They can adjust other quests by chapter. Why not have something like "Buy [2Xchapter] KP" or better yet "Gain 2xChapter KP" so that those people who are completely repulsed by buying them can at least complete by waiting a few hours or a day or two.

How about just making them all "Buy Or Spend". Not "Buy And/Or Spend" because that would be too easy, but one or the other is better. I know a lot of players get annoyed when they get the Spend X KP quest followed immediately by the Buy X KP quest. Letting you do one of the other would also eliminate getting a Buy and a Spend back to back, in either order.

DeletedUser20819

Is this the actual winter event or is it a joke? I'm being serious because whoever decided that we should toss 50 bows and get Marble relics? You're actually wasting our time and effort by offering a bunch of mostly useless boost relics for huge amounts of red ribbons? What ridiculousness is this?

You've been watering these events down a bit now. I haven't played for years but I've played a year now and I've seen you're watering things down. Something in the precious event suddenly is weaker and harder to get in the next event. Like 2 hr timeskips. I guess people were getting too many so you reduced the change to win them? I've been stuck with rolling the 80 point choice and getting junk rewards over and over...like 42 out of 50 times getting the same junk enchantment item while choosing the 80 point random item choice.

This event though? Offering ensorcled endowments along with a little bit of flipping MARBLE???? or IRON???? relics? WHAT THE HELL do most people need with that junk??? for? Those truly aren't gifts, they're lumps of coal. If your local language doesn't understand coal in your stocking let's just say they're useless/crappy gifts.

I have ALMOST ZERO desire to push and try to finish quests to get red ribbons because there is so much useless junk as gifts for significant amounts of time invested to "win" them that the event just isn't fun or interesting to play.

PLEASE don't do this again. Put the other roll system back in place where we can see what we have a chance at out of 5 possibilities and we can choose what to roll on? Wow...this was a REALLY poor design for an "enjoyable" event.

DeletedUser19458

Speaking of random quests ... I'm on my 3rd "collect supplies" in a row lol. At least it isn't one I hate.

The consolation I guess to no more "produce 1hr, 3hr, 9hr" quests I guess.

Wording might be different, I don't know - have never paid attention to them or the stories. But the action is clearly the same.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Speaking of random quests ... I'm on my 3rd "collect supplies" in a row lol. At least it isn't one I hate.

The consolation I guess to no more "produce 1hr, 3hr, 9hr" quests I guess.

Wording might be different, I don't know - have never paid attention to them or the stories. But the action is clearly the same.
You should put in a bug report, because it is supposed to be physically impossible to get identical quests consecutively in the new quest system.

Unless it was a mix of "Gain" and "Produce" supplies, because those are quite different, since gain works with instants while produce doesn't.

DeletedUser24458

How about just making them all "Buy Or Spend". Not "Buy And/Or Spend" because that would be too easy, but one or the other is better. I know a lot of players get annoyed when they get the Spend X KP quest followed immediately by the Buy X KP quest. Letting you do one of the other would also eliminate getting a Buy and a Spend back to back, in either order.
Both of these suggestions would be better than what we have now. 2x chp6 would be no issue just as 10 kp isn't

Not just coins either. A lot of us late chapter players are swimming in tier 3 boosted goods. I think my cost per KP bought with gems is currently around 6000 or so. Sure that goes up by 10 per KP, but that is still less than 70k Gems right now for 10 KP for me. With my Gems reserves, I could buy a few hundred KP before I ran out.

If this is the case across the board then yes, the buy/spend kp should be tailored to your chapter as well so you can dump the excess.

DeletedUser24458

anybody else get the same exact daily exclusive? Winter conjuration was offered yesterday and now after the refresh it is offered again. Also the same sale repeated itself

Edit: must be my unfortunate luck.....2/3 cities changed the daily. The city I really care about repeated the daily :( I am really finding it hard to stay motivated hehe

Update: Had to log off and on a few times before it gave me the next daily

Last edited by a moderator:

Sauly

I think that having a 6.25% chance of getting a prize you want with each present is very very low chance, and only able to receive that prize once until a ''shuffle'' occurs definitely goes along with the chosen ''storyline'' based on Scrooge. I usually play the events hard, buying starters, an outpost, and diamonds to get the most out of each event. I won't be doing that with this one. I'm very disappointed and hope this sort of prize scheme is a one time only snafu.