• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic Event Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4194
  • Start date

StarLoad

If you have completed one plank province and have the plank boost researched, you should be receiving 86% production bonus which will help immensely with these quests. But your point is taken. The chapter 1 amounts seem to be looking at a much higher goods bonus than one would have by the end of the chapter.
here is the numbers Level 2 Just finished the "Advanced Scouts" a 3 hour production is 7 so 7 x4= 28, 28 x5 collections a day is 140 so it will take over 6 days for this 1 quest? Does that make sense that it should take 6 days to finish a quest at level 2 city.

mikeledo

My quest list turned over. I am back to the original quests. Is it supposed to do that? Ticket sent.

Attachments

• Screenshot (37).png
    Screenshot (37).png
    463.4 KB · Views: 93

Pheryll

Set Designer
here is the numbers Level 2 Just finished the "Advanced Scouts" a 3 hour production is 7 so 7 x4= 28, 28 x5 collections a day is 140 so it will take over 6 days for this 1 quest? Does that make sense that it should take 6 days to finish a quest at level 2 city.

Plank manufactories are just 2x1s at this point. There is no reason why you shouldn't have a large number of them.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I really don't like the randomness of the bricks either. If your goal is to get the grand prizes, this is awful. I spend 50 ribbons for several x1 brick rolls. I could choose before.. That's the whole point......I could choose!

I can't prove yet that it is not totally random, but when I stop the bricks when the top brick is fully lit up, I get three bricks more often than one or two.

DeletedUser6189

So I've pretty much hated this event ever since the last one. :p All these changes that they made to try and "balance" the events have really just sucked all of the fun out of them for me. My days with Elvenar are probably numbered now JUST because of these recent event changes. :/

I think that some of the changes to the quests were good, but I don't know about the execution. Supposedly, the same random quests aren't supposed to come up as often, but now it's just been super long, difficult quests every OTHER quest, instead of EVERY one.

They also changed the language to say "Produce a good amount of Marble, Planks, or Steel." But they don't actually mean that. I thought I might be able to actually catch a break because my Mermaid's Paradise was up for collection ... but it only counted 1/3 of it, so I'm still stuck waiting the rest of the day to finish the quest.

Oh, and I had the same quest when I woke up this morning (with one in between), so I'm fully expecting to see it pop up to take another entire day from me as soon as it's complete.

DeletedUser20844

- The quest system is better than the Autumn Zodiac.
- The prize system is awful for me. It's just dumb luck as to which prize you will get. I miss choosing which chests I'd prefer not to have, and which ones I'd rather go for.
- It would be nice to have a rotation with (say) one event's grand prize being a set building, and the next event's grand prize being an evolving building. I'm getting a little bored of the evolving buildings now :eek:

I think... for the first time since I began playing Elvenar, I'm sitting this event out! o_O
I dislike to be negative so I must say a big thanks to Inno for creating this event! It's just not for me :(

DeletedUser20844

So I've pretty much hated this event ever since the last one. :p All these changes that they made to try and "balance" the events have really just sucked all of the fun out of them for me. My days with Elvenar are probably numbered now JUST because of these recent event changes. :/

I think that some of the changes to the quests were good, but I don't know about the execution. Supposedly, the same random quests aren't supposed to come up as often, but now it's just been super long, difficult quests every OTHER quest, instead of EVERY one.

They also changed the language to say "Produce a good amount of Marble, Planks, or Steel." But they don't actually mean that. I thought I might be able to actually catch a break because my Mermaid's Paradise was up for collection ... but it only counted 1/3 of it, so I'm still stuck waiting the rest of the day to finish the quest.

Oh, and I had the same quest when I woke up this morning (with one in between), so I'm fully expecting to see it pop up to take another entire day from me as soon as it's complete.
I agree, Balderdinger. I know their aim was to not have people zooming through quests by having a list etc. But all these balancing and changes... BLEH! Just stick to the limited main quest list and daily quest.

I feel that would be more profitable for them! Because before all of these changes, even if I completed the whole set of limited quests (including the daily), I normally had to purchase a few event items to get me that final evolution or set building. Now it seems like a lot of people are disgruntled, while there are some people sitting with 7 bear evolving buildings o_O Not balanced at all!

GlamDoll

@InnoGames ,

I didn't think the Event could be worse than The Autumn one...I stand corrected.

I can admit when I was wrong.

Hint *wink*...seriously, I am so disengaged, I am having to remind myself that I am playing a game for fun.

I don't know why you just didn't have a slot machine with a lever to pull...same difference to me.

Plus side? The ribbons and artwork & animation of the buildings.

Carry on, because I know you shall >..>

Happy Holidays to everyone.

DeletedUser2870

I'm still kinda concerned by the fact that people were disrupted by the new requirement to have level-appropriate workshops and factories in their cities. Event buildings aside, isn't the point of the game in general, not just events, to have the buildings in your city as close to the max level as possible? Ever since I started playing I've always kept everything in my city at the top level or have always been working to get them there. Is it actually a common thing to have buildings far below what you're able to upgrade them to that this new requirement was really a huge problem?

As far as the grand prize goes, I'm fine with it. FoE's gotten absolutely out of control by now with how over-the-top the event prizes are compared to what's obtained in the game normally but Elvenar is seemingly trying to keep things far more reasonable. That's probably only temporary, but for now I'm hoping Inno avoids the trend FoE has where each new event is trying to outdo the prizes from the previous one because really that's not very sustainable as far as game balance is concerned.

In case what I'm saying is unclear: I think FoE has a worse approach to events than Elvenar does. Elvenar requires relatively more work for generally tamer prizes, but it's much more balanced that way in terms of the whole game compared to FoE basically vomiting better and better prizes on players with every new event. It's possible to have too much of a good thing and that's exactly where FoE is right now. Everything that doesn't come from an event is essentially meaningless, and even event prizes are pretty meaningless because everything you win from one event is going to be outclassed by whatever comes in the next one. It's become an endless cycle of replacing event buildings and in that way, FoE's less fun for me than Elvenar is because FoE doesn't really care about city balance anymore and that's supposed to be one of the core pillars of the game.

I don't mind the added requirement of having chapter-specific buildings as it does make sense. However, one needs to take into account that the number of such buildings goes down while the game goes on.
When I started I played with 10 T1 factories. Several chapters later that only was 8. Then 6. Then 5 and 1 sentient. Now 4 and 2 sentient. I added a 5th but I'm not sure I will be able to maintain that due to the completely ridiculous demands on pop in chapter 15 to upgrade the T1 factories again. Which means that a quest like 'produce 3-hour productions 5x' may not be do-able in 1 run anymore.
Same goes for the workshops. In chapter 15 their production goes WAY up with the upgrades (2.65x with the first upgrade), to a point where I won't be needing as many anymore as I'll be stuck with supplies all the time that only can be used at the rip-off saler to get more goods I don't need. But having fewer screws me over with the events, so now I'm not even sure I want to upgrade them.

As for Elvenar devs caring for the game...sorry, but I'll order something different from what you're having. The elvenar devs have no damn clue at all about how they manage to screw up the game constantly, then come with 'fixes' to 'balance' what never would have been needed to be fixed if they had had the common sense of a turnip to begin with.

Deleted User - 691030

I can't prove yet that it is not totally random, but when I stop the bricks when the top brick is fully lit up, I get three bricks more often than one or two.

Someone on the BETA Forums was saying something similar to this. On Beta, a week ago, I tested the theory and this was true for me as well. My suggestion to those trying this, click the 1st time it hits the top brick, as it speeds up after that and it will be hard to click to get the top brick.

While this tip will help those playing this event get more artifacts. My live cities will still be sitting out of this event because I don't need artifacts for a building I won't be placing.