• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic Event Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4194
  • Start date

DeletedUser19458

You should put in a bug report, because it is supposed to be physically impossible to get identical quests consecutively in the new quest system.

Unless it was a mix of "Gain" and "Produce" supplies, because those are quite different, since gain works with instants while produce doesn't.
I wasn't paying attention to notice or not. I have to assume wording was different on each one. However, my last 7 quests:
  • Buy 10 KP
  • Gain/Produce supplies
  • Gain/Produce supplies
  • Gain/Produce supplies
  • Buy 10 KP
  • Gain/Produce supplies
  • Buy 10 KP
  • EDIT: #8 Produce Supplies. Different qty so different quest than the others ... but is it really? ;P

Yeah. They've totally improved it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 3932582

I wasn't paying attention to notice or not. I have to assume wording was different on each one. However, my last 7 quests:
There is one gain supplies quest per segment, and 3 produce supplies (different amounts). So 4 out of 19 options need supplies. The first one is trivial as long as you have instants, the other 3 you need to actually produce. So you can totally get 3 produce supply quests with different amounts, back to back.

Nice take on no repetition.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Sadly, it's less than 6%, Because there's a 50% chance you'll get a shuffle before you get the daily prize.

Let's just do out the math here so people can see where the numbers are coming from.

There is an average of 5 2/3 tiles to get to either of the reshuffle tile or the daily prize tile. Repeating this till the daily prize is first obtained gives an average of 11 1/3 tiles of which an average of 1 are reshuffle tiles.

From the daily prize to the reshuffle tile is an average of 5 2/3 tiles. Alternatively when the board resets at the end of the day, this step is unnecessary.

This gives an average of 11 1/3 tiles for the first daily prize of the day and 17 tiles for each subsequent. Taking into account that reshuffle tiles refund themselves (not taking the doubling tile into consideration), we effectively are paying for 10 1/3 tile for the first daily prize and 15 tiles for each subsequent. This works out to 517 ribbons for the first daily prize and 750 for each subsequent. The double, reveal, and ribbon tiles will reduce the number of ribbons spent per daily prize further. So we are looking at a cost less than 750 for each daily. The 6.25% factor (without refunds) is at 800 ribbons per daily which is a conservative estimate.

Risen Malchiah

While I really dislike the prize system in this event, I offer two suggestions that might give players a feeling of having personal choice:

- Make the Shuffle button always available. Players then have a choice to renew the board or continue hunting for a particular prize.
- Make the Reveal Two something we can save on the side to use at any time. (If necessary, set a limit on the number of stored Reveals to discourage hoarding, even though I'd really love to save them for use on a particular prize day.)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Day 1 I opened 10 presents without hitting the daily or the shuffle. Day 2 I got the daily quickly and then the shuffle in the 14th present, and only because the magnifying glass had revealed the other two. Then with the ribbons returned with the shuffle, I got the daily a second time. So far I am at one extreme for picking luck.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Humans get some good units, elves get others. The sworddancer is an irreplaceable balance for dealing with both light range and mages, while the axe barbarian is easily destroyed. The crossbowman is too defensive, and the archer much more effective until rangers outdo it. The priest outdoes the sorceress, the golem outdoes the mortar. The treant and paladin each have their own place.Humans by and large have 2 excellent barracks unit, while elves have a much more rounded balance.
Thanks Pheryll for explaining but a sorceress is supposed to be a powerful magic user. I'm hoping she gets stronger to be able to withstand hits by enemy units only 3 spaces away from her.

Question. What is this Mini Text Adventure everyone's posting?

Tauriel Dragonwood

I take your point - but I don't think it is realistic to tailor all events to suit players who have just started.
Accept that when you start the game there are things you simply can't do until your city is stronger.
It only takes a few weeks to do that, if you know what you are doing.
I think if Inno wants to attract new players to the game, they should tailor all events to suit players who have just started. I convinced my neighbor to allow her teenager's to play Elvenar. They were angry that they could not join in on the fun of completing quests because they were new players. Inno just lost 4 new players and that may be happening in the thousands. Todays younglings don't have the patience of us veteran Elvenar players.

There's another game of Inno's that designs events according to the chapters players are up to. If they can do that, why can't Elvenar? They could use the algorithms to determine what new players and advanced players are able to handle completing quests.

Risen Malchiah

Thanks Pheryll for explaining but a sorceress is supposed to be a powerful magic user. I'm hoping she gets stronger to be able to withstand hits by enemy units only 3 spaces away from her.
For my elven city, once I unlocked the Blossom Mage, I never looked back. It has the range of the human priest and eventually becomes just as powerful, and actually has a higher initiative than all other mages, making it quite useful. Whenever I build up a lot of sorcs (due to my Flying Academy) I end up using them as cannon fodder in early rounds.

Deleted User - 691030

Well my favorite part of past events was picking and choosing which chests to go for, based on what items I need for my cities. They are all different levels and have different needs. That is gone now. So my interest in this event is gone too.

The chance for the daily prize is just too low, for the few prizes that I actually want...and there aren't many that I see coming in the next few weeks that I want. The evolving building is not something I will place in my cities, because space is limited and the buildings I place need to be the most effective for that city. I doubt I could even evolve it all the way to 10. So I am going to sit this one out on all my cities. Especially my Chapter 15 city, much more interested in progressing in that chapter, than being stalled by this totally random event, that I have zero control over what prizes I may receive.

Elvenar is a side pleasure in my life. Its the holidays here in the U.S. That means extra stuff to do on top of running my household and having 2 jobs. Holidays add: family visits, massive hosting duties, house decorating, food making, gift shopping, wrapping, extra holiday events to attend like friends holiday parties and staff holiday parties at work. So this game will get sidelined anyway, unless the event really motivates me to keep checking it in my spare moments through the day. This event is not that inspiring, like past events were.

StarLoad

I take your point - but I don't think it is realistic to tailor all events to suit players who have just started.
Accept that when you start the game there are things you simply can't do until your city is stronger.
It only takes a few weeks to do that, if you know what you are doing.
Then explain why the very next one is this POS " produce a fair amount of planks - 900"? tell me how 300 hours of production 900/3h is fair?

Oh and by my figures there are only 640 some hours left in the event?

Pheryll

Set Designer
Then explain why the very next one is this POS " produce a fair amount of planks - 900"? tell me how 300 hours of production 900/3h is fair?

If you have completed one plank province and have the plank boost researched, you should be receiving 86% production bonus which will help immensely with these quests. But your point is taken. The chapter 1 amounts seem to be looking at a much higher goods bonus than one would have by the end of the chapter.

DeletedUser19458

All of the gain, produce, collect, etc type of quests tailor to the user. I assume your chapter. I'm currently collecting 24k of goods, which is a 3hr run of my 4. And if you are brand new to the game ... well maybe trying to run up an event isn't for you at that point.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The chapter 1 amounts seem to be looking at a much higher goods bonus than one would have by the end of the chapter.
All of the gain, produce, collect, etc type of quests tailor to the user. I assume your chapter. I'm currently collecting 24k of goods, which is a 3hr run of my 4. And if you are brand new to the game ... well maybe trying to run up an event isn't for you at that point.
It's possible it's been so long since they've had to play a starter city without help that they just assumed a goods bonus of 700%....

Izifaddag

I ignore the winter event. In fact now I am finding my way in Elvenar I pretty much ignore all so called events. I participate in fellowship stuff to keep my membership but it is about building my city not these other distractions. If you consider the amount of resources each takes for what you get back it is a complete mismatch. They are pointless. I have taken the 3 bears and that is about that. I shall nurture them and make them grow but no others.

Jabawill2

Really disappointed in the Winter event. I enjoyed last years and worked hard to earn the daily prizes - even spending real dollars to buy extra snowflakes (or whatever the event currency was). This one... I won't waste my money on buying extra ribbons. I'll save up all the ribbons I earn for one, maybe two, prizes. The presents are totally random - as several others have mentioned, there is no strategy. Plus the presents are expensive! If they were 10 ribbons instead of 50, I might play.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I was dead against this style. However, you are now assured to get a daily prize, even if it takes a dozen picks. Before there was no assurance of ever getting the daily prize....Did I do good INNO? :)

Not really. Because you could keep picking the present with the shuffle before you ever pick the present with the daily prize. So while your first pick could be the daily, if you are really bad at guessing the right present, you could go dozens of presents with no daily prize, maybe for the entire event even.