• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic Event Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4194
  • Start date

linronhan

All these points are (some quite silly because the prizes are junk...Christmas indeed) and they just don't monitor/react to these threads/FIX anything as a result of these threads so all they amount to is us trying to talk ourselves down off the ceiling when our tempers flare out of control and nothing changes/get's fixed.

Randomized prizes twice and then hidden. And then when you unhide you get absolute junk like 3 enchantments as some of the "better" choices.

If I can manage to keep myself interested into playing until the spring event and it becomes anywhere near to this/ie, not like the other main events with changes of LARGE prizes...I quite literally will find zero excitement or reason to keep playing.
was hoping that the developers/admin would take this info & improve, ques my head is in the clouds

linronhan

Alright everyone, for those who have not checked the lists on Elven Gems since the event started, that was a major adjustment made to the quest list. Instead of two group of randomized quests before reaching the bonus quests with quest #182, they have been changed. There are now three randomized lists of progressively harder quests, with the bonus quests now starting with quest #132. The third batch starts with quest #110. I am a couple quests in and just hit the Produce Basic or Crafted Goods. For me in chapter 15, it just from the 57k in the previous batch of quests to 75k in the third batch. Looking at the list, all the other quests have similar jumps in requirements. Sure, with quest #110 you get 51 ribbons, but still a pain. And it looks like the bonus quests are still only worth 20 each, even though they start 50 quests sooner than at the beginning of this event.

My challenge in these events has always been to complete the grand prizes, but I can see how this is so much more frustrating for the people who prefer to get the dailies and the other prizes.
20 points in the bonus is REALLY bad & challanges are not easy

DeletedUser19403

The quest to "Trade with the wholesaler 7 (or 9 or 12 or more) times" should be re-worded to say, "You've just been robbed. The thief has taken X coins, supplies, and goods." I'd rather buy 20 KP than trade with wholesaler multiple times in a row. I was suckered into doing that quest a few times, but then I decided enough was enough, and as that quest came up again on my cities, I stopped participating in the event. This has been the least fun event in my 16 months of playing.

dikke ikke

what you don't understand is I'm a home bound VNVet on extremely low income. I have a caregiver that comes twice a week for a couple hours and have literally no family. My main source of entertainment and social interaction is my computer. I have made friends here and in FOE in guilds and chat channels. I no longer will use most social media i.e. Facebook, twitter etc. Im not looking for a sympathy vote from you nor do i need one, but...10 bucks here 10 bucks there after a few years adds up and is a lot of money for me. Its not what i signed up for anymore. They have changed the rules and i feel ripped off. Its like if you bought a Bugatti Chiron MSRP $ 2.7 million and the car company came back and said "Whoops, we changed our rules, here's a 2019 Nissan Versa Sedan - MSRP $13,255 instead" (Actual MSRP's ROFLMAO X2)
But of course you new that

Try to set up diamond farms on the other US servers, it takes some time before they really make a big difference, but it is worth it. You will spend more time on the game but less money on it. You can check my cities out, main is on US3 the other 7 are farms, the one on US8 is still small because that server is still very new.

dikke ikke

I have a very large Facebook group, and feedback from virtually everyone is totally negative and most express major disappointment.

My personal feeling is that the new quest list is the most 'do-able' ever - but the shuffleboard is a dismal failure. Combine these quests with the last three-chest version and you have a total winner!
There is so little 'control' for players with the Shuffleboard - no ability to pick the 'filler items' that you personally need to stock up on.
Also the Daily Exclusives are really wasted with this system. All that Artwork that goes into developing them - and the chances of actually getting the one you want are close to zero.

For my Main city i focus on the time instants as daily price because i use them a lot to create my troops faster during tourney/spire. For my farms I focus on Wishing wells, so i save a lot of ribbons and then go for it when the good daily price is available. I got around 10 WW in every farm city. Focus on 1 or 2 daily prices during the event and you will get it, if you focus on a lot, you might get nothing.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Could someone tell me what is the point of the 2x 'prize'? It's not a prize at all. You're getting 50 ribbons taken and then another 50 when you open the next gift, so you're getting 2 of the same thing for 100 ribbons instead of getting to spend 100 ribbons on 2 different things. What IS the point of that? I always feel like a loser, particularly if the two repeat prizes are something I hate. Even if it was something I liked, it would still be no different than if I had picked them at random. I just don't understand that. And the worst part is when you have only 50 ribbons left, and spend the last 50 on a gift. What the heck are you supposed to do with a 2x prize then? It's like wasting your 50 and getting nothing in return, unless you can build another 50 before the prize resets. Heaven help you if you decided to spend your last 50 in the last hour before reset, and got stuck with that. It makes no sense to me. Overall I like the event, but that drives me batty.

Darielle

I
Ok so I submitted a ticket like you said, then went back into game. About 20 minutes later I check my tasks again , and suddenly the requirements for the task changed from Collect 3000 goods to Collect 4500 goods! Everything else was exactly the same, but the requirements increased by 50% . This is definitely NOT fair.
I've had the number of requirements change too, but I was glad that it lowered from 9000 to 7200. Is it possible that it's a different number based on whether your biggest amount is in basic or crafted goods? That's the only thing I can think of. It was tracking my planks goods, and said I had 1000 of the 9000 required. Then, when I collected 1200 silk, it said I had 1200 of the required 7200. So I can only think that it changes based on the type of goods you have. This happened to me twice (with different overall requirements, but still the same principle).

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I've had the number of requirements change too, but I was glad that it lowered from 9000 to 7200. Is it possible that it's a different number based on whether your biggest amount is in basic or crafted goods? That's the only thing I can think of. It was tracking my planks goods, and said I had 1000 of the 9000 required. Then, when I collected 1200 silk, it said I had 1200 of the required 7200. So I can only think that it changes based on the type of goods you have. This happened to me twice (with different overall requirements, but still the same principle).

Each tier of goods has a different required amount and which amount is shown is based on which individual good of which tier you have collected the most of.

For a random example, say you that the quest to collect any of the three tiers. It might be 10k of tier 1 or 8k of tier 2 or 6k of tier 3. If you go and collect all your goods and gems is what you collected the most of, then the goal of 6k would show. If you then go and collect some silk and that puts the total for that higher than the total of gems, then the goal will switch and show 8k instead. And then if you go and collect some planks and that total is higher than your silk total, the goal will switch to 10k. And it will keep switching around as you produce and collect goods until one of your goods meets one of those goals. The quest that requires you to produce either tier 1 or tier 2 works the same way. It is confusing and not explained at all in the game, but this is how it works.

ellybear

While I'm fond of free stuff, I'm not very fond of the style of this event. Winning daily prizes seems greatly reduced with the shuffle option, wasting many ribbons with luck of the draw trying to either find the daily or find the re-shuffle prize (and winning a lot of underwhelming things in the process)
What I really cannot stand is that dumb hammer and brick thing. The repetitive act of selecting the hammer button and then moving to hit the bricks and then back to the hammer--over and over and over again flares my pain and neuropathy issues! Please get rid of that for future events! Ridiculous choice Inno :(

Scelestus

Compared to previous events, I'm really not a fan, but I don't completely hate it.

One huge issue for me, though:
There will be two different parts of the event quest line. The first part will be regular event quests for everyone, the second part will be a bonus section. The regular section contains randomized quests, but is less repetitive than before. This section is finite and set to end at some point. The bonus section follows right after and contains significantly harder quests, while granting a relatively small reward. This is aimed at the players who managed to finish the quest line and are still looking to continue working getting even more Red Ribbons until the event ends.

The event run time is the same as with every other event, however, this "bonus" section started as I only got to evolve my building to level 9. So it's supposedly aiming at the players who managed to finish and want more, but it's going to end up impeding my progress, and possibly prevent me from fully evolving my building. Even thought there should still be over 2 days left, I'm now getting only 20 ribbons per quest, and quests are asking for more and lasting longer. Genius.

The Unbeliever

I did find this quest particularly irksome, since it is such a waste. I do routinely visit the wholesaler to offload extra supplies, though, so I could not be too upset. I ended up getting the same quest twice in one day. The cost of goods had risen to a point where I decided it was best to wait until the next day when they reset to complete it. That seems no worse to me than waiting a day for a production to finish, or waiting several days for a scout to finish.
I'd MUCH rather they keep the "throw coins at wholesaler" rip-off vs. yet more potential from something truly horrifying like say, "moar vision vapors!!trololololz"

At least coins are the single most easily recovered resource in the game...
CC's and spell frags to a lesser extent? Eh.... not so much!

Oh, and while it may be irksome to throw away coins/supplies to the wholesaler, it's still FAR better than being saddled with constant demands for 15-20 VV's while being offered nothing but gakking Unicorns, KP insants and relics for 5 strait days!! :mad: :mad::mad:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Could someone tell me what is the point of the 2x 'prize'? It's not a prize at all. You're getting 50 ribbons taken and then another 50 when you open the next gift, so you're getting 2 of the same thing for 100 ribbons instead of getting to spend 100 ribbons on 2 different things
Yeah, it's pure sleight-of-hand. It's abut 10% better than the shuffle, only because it doesn't stop progress toward the daily. Adjust one more piece of feces on the floor of the winter event.

Deleted User - 3932582

By the way, there was a lot of speculation that special pattern of clicking on rotating bricks improves your chances of getting more bricks per hammer. Well, it seems that this rotating brick animation is completely superficial. The server replies with the number of bricks that you're going to get as soon as you click on the hammer. Subsequent animation just presents it; clicking it has no impact whatsoever.

Darielle

Each tier of goods has a different required amount and which amount is shown is based on which individual good of which tier you have collected the most of.

For a random example, say you that the quest to collect any of the three tiers. It might be 10k of tier 1 or 8k of tier 2 or 6k of tier 3. If you go and collect all your goods and gems is what you collected the most of, then the goal of 6k would show. If you then go and collect some silk and that puts the total for that higher than the total of gems, then the goal will switch and show 8k instead. And then if you go and collect some planks and that total is higher than your silk total, the goal will switch to 10k. And it will keep switching around as you produce and collect goods until one of your goods meets one of those goals. The quest that requires you to produce either tier 1 or tier 2 works the same way. It is confusing and not explained at all in the game, but this is how it works.
Thank you for explaining that.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
By the way, there was a lot of speculation that special pattern of clicking on rotating bricks improves your chances of getting more bricks per hammer. Well, it seems that this rotating brick animation is completely superficial. The server replies with the number of bricks that you're going to get as soon as you click on the hammer. Subsequent animation just presents it; clicking it has no impact whatsoever.

I find that hard to believe just from my experience with it. I get way too many 2 and 3 brick amounts when I click between the first and second brick in the first rotation. And when I let the bricks rotate longer, or do not click at all and let them finish their rotating, I would get just one brick way more often. This is too consistent for me and why I have collected 25 grand prizes so far, with at least one more before the event ends. So if this is not left up to the chance of when we click, then the game was very generous to me.

The Unbeliever

I find that hard to believe just from my experience with it. I get way too many 2 and 3 brick amounts when I click between the first and second brick in the first rotation. And when I let the bricks rotate longer, or do not click at all and let them finish their rotating, I would get just one brick way more often. This is too consistent for me and why I have collected 25 grand prizes so far, with at least one more before the event ends. So if this is not left up to the chance of when we click, then the game was very generous to me.
You simply landed at the uppermost end of the bell curve - congrats, you're just RNG-blessed this event, that's it...

There's absolutely NO big 'secret strategy' or anything like that, AT ALL! to supposedly maximizing the number of bricks per hammer bash.
It's simply a basic RNG system and the number of bricks you get is determined as soon as you click the bashy button!!

It's exactly the same system as FoE uses - the animations are just for 'fun', (but really exist just to annoy you and waste time!:p), and outside of fiddling with the actual code and/or using an actual cheating device, there's no way to rig the system. (unlike say, traditional JRPG's where it is almost always possible the rig the system to give rare item drops from a random encounter battle after loading up your save file!;))

This is no different than how some players have been 'blessed' with a near endless stream of just the various 'collect/produce goods/coins/supplies' quests while receiving hardly *any* VV + forced 'scout/research' quests, vs. those players who are routinely bent over a barrel and ganked by constantly rotating VV/scout/research quests...

AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHY YOUR SYSTEM SUCKS THE BIG ONE INNO!!!

Player choices & ability mean absolutely NOTHING under this gakked up 'randumb system, and instead how well a player does, (and more importantly), doesn't do in these events is based entirely on sheer dumb luck by being among the top 25% who get the very favourable quest rolls, vs. those poor, bloody losers in the bottom 25% who get spanked by bad RNG rolls for their quests.

Now, to actually improve on this abysmal dumpster fire, you MUST do the following;
1. Remove ALL the "scout/research" AND "gain Vision Vapors" from the random quest system, for the 'main' quest line itself.
Place the desired amount of those quests at specific points during the main quest line;
for example, if there are say 160 'main' quests, then every 20 quests are some combination of a 'scout/research and/or gain vv's' quest.
3. Drastically reduce the required totals for the 'buy KP' quests, especially for those poor Ch1-3 cities!!

The main quest line itself is fine sticking to lots and lots of production type quests, gaining relics/spells, some completing world map/tournament/spire encounters, placing/accepting trades, buying from the wholesaler, upgrading multiple buildings up to Lv8-10, etc...
Leave the stupidly hard stuff for fixed 'checkpoints' in the main quest line, and then let the avalanche hit come the bonus 'endless quest line', which should also give roughly 50% currencies of the end point for the main quest line. (ie: if the final 5 quests give say 60-65 currencies, then the 'bonus' quests should at least be worth 30-35 each, vs. and insulting 20!!)

Tauriel Dragonwood

Sounds like you should just quit the game. I'll never understand why people will continue to engage with something they seemingly don't enjoy when they have nothing preventing them from stopping. Some sort of mental block?

Seriously, just stop playing and go do something else with your time that you actually find enjoyable. Unless you like coming here to complain? It's getting to be an eyesore for me, though.
If it bothers you to read Elvenar players' responses to this event, you should stop logging into the Forum. This forum was set up to allow us to voice our opinions so the game devs make the game less frustrating and more enjoyable again.

I've been playing Elvenar since 2015 and used to look forward to the events but now, I find myself playing Elvenar less and less when there's an event running.

Yogi Dave

Elvenar is a city building game and in most events there are building with new artwork that I'd love to have in my city. Except there is one major problem with many of them, especially with the pop/cult ones. Many don't have as great a value as ones offered again from previous events and none of the pop/cult ones give near as high a pop per sq. as the ones from past events do. The four new pop/cult do give a higher cult per sq. than the older ones, which is fine, but some should be as good as the older ones with pop. The new ones in this event at chapter 15 give from 308 to 383 pop per sq. while the four from previous events give from 467 to 556. I'm not saying they should give a better pop per sq. As it is I will now have 10 more winter stars in my city to add to my 5. While I like their look, I'd have loved to have the ghost of present, past and future, but at 367 pop per sq. vs 544 per sq., it's not worth it. It's a bit frustrating to see this happen time and again in the events.