• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Prizes - Thoughts?

DeletedUser9601

I haven't seen the data all in one place, so there might be something I'm missing (elvengems has been slacking).

It seems like both winter sets are nice:
The Snow Owl Set, even just looking at pop/culture, ignoring the extra production, is pretty solid. When you factor in the additional mana, seeds and coins of the buildings, plus the daily building prizes that you'd win on the double days.

The Market Stall Set seems to potentially be a goods powerhouse, plus produce quite a bit of culture. You probably forego most, if not all, daily prizes to get a full set.

The individual daily prizes seem fairly mediocre, though I haven't looked into per-square values on some of the pop/culture buildings. And I am not sure I've seen the full list.

Question - the sets are exclusive, correct? Meaning the Snow Owl Set buildings don't count as connections for the Market Set buildings.
Question - is there a way to factor into set bonuses in ElvenArchitect? I am struggling to find the extra production in the reporting feature.

What are late-game people thinking?

DeletedUser12430

Where is the event info at? I'm looking for sequential quests as well as prize info...usually use gamersgems but cant find much there.

DeletedUser19598

It seems to me that the Daily Prizes set is very powerful, and I would like to make a complex as CrazyWizard did with the cornucopia set, but since one set building is obtained on day two, another set building provides provisions . That encourages me to get the other three buildings of the set, three times each, getting two links in each, and it is brutality that is obtained. However, I do not know if there is the possibility of obtaining 9 buildings, I hope to Soggy who is in charge O numbers haha. It can also be an option to go for the grand prizes, but it depends on the prizes that are involved in the double days, for example, if there are any bees and if they could get 9 to 10 bees plus the big prizes It would be too great.

Pheryll

Set Designer
It seems to me that the Daily Prizes set is very powerful, and I would like to make a complex as CrazyWizard did with the cornucopia set, but since one set building is obtained on day two, another set building provides provisions . That encourages me to get the other three buildings of the set, three times each, getting two links in each, and it is brutality that is obtained. However, I do not know if there is the possibility of obtaining 9 buildings, I hope to Soggy who is in charge O numbers haha. It can also be an option to go for the grand prizes, but it depends on the prizes that are involved in the double days, for example, if there are any bees and if they could get 9 to 10 bees plus the big prizes It would be too great.

On average you should be able to complete the daily set and the grand prize, spending 2000 snowflakes for the daily set buildings, and another 2000 on double days. This is close cutting though, and I do not see a great increase for getting 9 dailies, as many of the buildings cap out at 2 connections.

Pheryll

Set Designer
The individual daily prizes seem fairly mediocre, though I haven't looked into per-square values on some of the pop/culture buildings. And I am not sure I've seen the full list.
Question - the sets are exclusive, correct? Meaning the Snow Owl Set buildings don't count as connections for the Market Set buildings.
Question - is there a way to factor into set bonuses in ElvenArchitect? I am struggling to find the extra production in the reporting feature.

What are late-game people thinking?

I am expecting that there will be many recycled buildings in this winter event. The winter event is mostly known for having high population buildings.

Two sets should not be getting bonuses for connecting to each other. Early on bugs were reported when this happened, and I believe they have all been addressed.

ElvenArchitect and Elvenstats (which uses the same algorithms) do not factor in set bonuses in their calculations.

DeletedUser19598

On average you should be able to complete the daily set and the grand prize, spending 2000 snowflakes for the daily set buildings, and another 2000 on double days. This is close cutting though, and I do not see a great increase for getting 9 dailies, as many of the buildings cap out at 2 connections.
Seriously? So far, everyone in all the events I participated in was never possible to win the third grand prize without spending diamonds or sacrificing daily prizes other than double days. But if you say it's possible then getting the two sets would also be a good option

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Tedious the Winter Set also includes the best mana building in the game, which is important with the upcoming crafting feature reducing the power of the Dragon Abbey.

Pheryll

Set Designer
@Tedious the Winter Set also includes the best mana building in the game, which is important with the upcoming crafting feature reducing the power of the Dragon Abbey.

Nothing compares with the mana capability of the Kirit shrines. Right now I am looking at the winter grand prize set (30 squares) versus my Kirit surrounded by shrines (31 squares, but lets call it 35 to make it a rectangle), and I think what I did with Kirit is much better square for square than the grand prize winter set.

SoggyShorts

@Pheryll the mana building this winter doesn't come from the grand prize, it's the daily set. Your kirit/krak combo is better square for square, but cost you all of your prize rolls.
6 kirit giving you 24K mana vs 1 Frost carved tree giving 60K
10 krakkrak giving you 6500 seeds is pretty great though, I just value seeds at nearly nothing after Amuni required so few. Totally different in chapter 11&12, and maybe 14 will ask for more again?

A lot depends on city set up. I was tempted to go for your setup last event, but for me getting the full set and some of the other gave me +100% goods production which I valued more than mana or seeds.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 1178646

Depends on how much you play the tournaments and/or how well your magic academy is.
You can earn more then enough spells from the tournaments for your dragon abbey.

On the other hand, there are some buildings that I like from the crafting system, but there not so much in demand, nor have I seen any must have from it.
So I dont think that unless you have a lvl 2 MA it will make CC all the time.

Each chapter you gain 200 diamond, the MA is a perfect place to put those diamonds at. increasing it's production speed and fragment improvement a lot.

The Set from this chapter is much harder to abuse because of the super gamble chests unfortunatly. there also not as powerfull as the old set, yet it's still very nice, and I have already set out my plans to use it as good and realisticly as possible.

Deleted User - 1178646

I am still puzzling, I have set my goal at 9 buildings tops. the gamble chests are just to nasty. on the other hand I still need to make a proper calculation since this is an extra long event.

I am not to happy yet but this is what I came up with so far
preview

I prefer easy shapes over oddball shapes

SoggyShorts

You can earn more then enough spells from the tournaments for your dragon abbey.
To run a No-mana-building-DA-only strategy? I dunno....
Amuni chapter needed 6,852,000 mana, not including roads which are about 3m more.
So close to 10 million mana.
But wait! The trap makers need Mana to make traps! About 10 mana per trap, and we need 340,000 traps, so another 3m mana
Let's say 400 cleared provinces and level 11 DA both of which I think are on the high side.
That's 7,200 mana per spell.
Almost 1,800 spells needed for the Amuni chapter.
The Amani chapter took about 9 weeks if you went at a reasonable speed. so 200 spells per week? Nope, that doesn't seem likely unless you are getting over 15,000 points by yourself in the tournament.

Ok, let's try Level 30 DA and 500 provinces cleared:
20,000 Mana per spell (now we're talking!)
only 650 spells needed for Amuni, just over 70 per week.
To get this in the tournament is pretty simple, just do provinces 1-30 five times each.:eek: (5,000 points)

No, I don't think that the DA-Only strategy is sustainable from just the tournament for most of us.

Of course between chapters, we can stockpile spells that we get from tournaments, but even then unless you are in the Level 30 DA + 500 provinces + 4,000 tournament points category you are going to struggle I think.

EDIT: your image above didn't link properly

Deleted User - 1178646

You would indeed want somthing to give you some mana for the random mana fees you need, and to build roads. either a leveled dragon maze, some mana huts or maybe this events mana building set. the DA should be able to get you the other 80% you need during the chapter.

I always take my time on roads, and build them on spare mana only, In my case a Maze, but it could just as easy be a few mana huts.
Once you hit the mana streets, I would just skip building them as long as i possibly can untill I het the end of the chapters.

ps. I dont think a lvl 11 Da for a prepared player is very high.
The people I played with start stockpiling instants at least 3 months in advance before aquiring the building rights. the main issue are the runes, but since there prepared they in general have set several of there other wonders at a "rune" level to create broken shards.

A lvl 5 MA can create up to 28 spells a week, you will run faster out of fragments then you could use those catalist spells. so there should be plenty of time to make some spells just for the abby.

If you dont have/want or dont have a bunch of mana huts or another good tiny source of mana this new event set might be just the thing you would love.
It would be awesome if that mana building is the last building to be aquired.

You could just go for the production set, and with the spare currency try to get 1-2 of those mana buildings. best of both worlds. if that building comes early you have to make the choice upfront.

SoggyShorts

ps. I dont think a lvl 11 Da for a prepared player is very high.
It is in the US. Most players have around 100-120 AW levels at end game.
Even the #1 FS on a server will only have 3-6 players with over 150.

The NL servers where everyone has 500 AW levels are crazy to us.

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
@Pheryll the mana building this winter doesn't come from the grand prize, it's the daily set.

Yeah that 3x6 Mana Building is very dense. Let's say I went for 4 Frost Carved Christmas Trees, 2 Winter Fairs, and 1 Market Stall (throw in a unicorn to fill the 2x1 gap). That is an 8x12 set that would pretty much fulfill all my mana needs, while only costing me the space of 6 torch fountains.