• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Prizes - Thoughts?

DeletedUser6189

I'm struggling with deciding whether or not to go for the Daily Set.

When I got the Sun/Moon Temple and Kirik Sets, I figured I would enter Halflings by using them to replace one each of my MFs. I didn't build them like I should have, but they certainly made it possible because the sets themselves offered pretty even goods production/square PLUS they gave pop and culture, instead of using it.

In looking at the new sets, the mana production of the grand prize set (with JUST the second and third prize) is pretty sweet, and I can use that to replace two of my older Burning Pools (IF I manage to even get them).

But the Daily Set has me struggling ... The mana production is pretty friggin sweet. But the Goods productions aren't as good as the sets from the Summer events.

Any suggestions for combos that could help me maximize the daily set, including that hefty Mana production, while also getting enough goods out of it to justify eliminating other producers so that I can even make room for said Mana production? :p

For the record ... to this point, I have only ever approached set buildings as complete sets ... not mish-mashes of various copies of the same buildings. This is not because I don't agree with it ... just never did it. So I'm open to suggestions there.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I'm struggling with deciding whether or not to go for the Daily Set.

When I got the Sun/Moon Temple and Kirik Sets, I figured I would enter Halflings by using them to replace one each of my MFs. I didn't build them like I should have, but they certainly made it possible because the sets themselves offered pretty even goods production/square PLUS they gave pop and culture, instead of using it.

Kirit has completely destroyed my world's trading economy. Most who got it had one connection, some had two. This put scrolls as being significantly overproduced compared to the rest of the tier two goods. I liked it better when the goods produced were at the same offset of the boost.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
:( What did they do to the Dragon Abbey?
If you want to craft, you need CC spells, and CC spells don't give you mana like other spells do.
struggling with deciding whether or not to go for the Daily Set.
I think the Winter Market Set is very good, especially because you get full bonus with 2 links on most buildings.
For me, the sled with 2 links gives the same as my max level T3 building does in 9h+9h+3h.
That's a 3x3 building equalling a 163 square production chain (including the factory, workshop, and residences needed to make T3.)
So a 6 expansion profit per sled (if double linked)
The winter fair and market stalls are also good, but since T1&T2 take up much less space than T3 the space saved is less.

I plan to grab a mana building or 2 to replace some or all of my other ones, then some of each of the goods makers with a focus on sleds
Generally, you can get 10-12 daily buildings, so with reasonable luck, I can improve my city production as if I won 40 expansions.:eek:

DeletedUser6189

For me, the sled with 2 links gives the same as my max level T3 building does in 9h+9h+3h.
That's a 3x3 building equalling a 163 square production chain (including the factory, workshop, and residences needed to make T3.)
So a 6 expansion profit per sled (if double linked)

How is that possible?

When I compare my own (Halflings), one Elixir T3 makes about 16K/day. A Sled at the same level only makes 11,600. That's a loss of as much as 5K/day.

I know you're at a different chapter than I am, but it seems strange that our rates would be so different.

Unless I'm missing something ... which is likely.

DeletedUser6189

giphy.gif

DeletedUser6189

One "last" question ...

So when it comes to gamble chests, what's the best approach to opening them in order to get the dailies you want?

What about the grand prizes?

Is there a good way to try for both?

DeletedUser9601

I think I'll be aiming for the daily set, and try to get at least 2 Market Stalls. Thankfully its the only Daily Set showing up in the first 7 days of daily prizes, and the 4th connection on Frost Carved Xmas Trees is infinitely less important than the 2nd connection.

Now to decide whether to buy the "snowflake boost" building, because a mana powerhouse akin to @CrazyWizard's Fall Set is a pretty nice reward for spending $5...

Pheryll

Set Designer
I may have missed this, but what's the reason for not opening the 105 chests? Thanks!

Reposting my chart from the Beta spoilers thread so that you can judge for yourself.

Snowflake calculationsSnowflakes per DelicacySnowflakes per DailySnowflakes per Bonus 1Snowflakes per Bonus 2

[TR1][TD]Roasted Almonds (40)[/TD][TD]6.667[/TD][TD]266.667[/TD][TD]33.333 per hr boost[/TD][TD]-[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD]Strawberry Mead (80)[/TD][TD]6.455[/TD][TD]355[/TD][TD]13.654 per hr boost[/TD][TD]-[/TD][/TR2]
[TR1][TD]Candy Cane (60)[/TD][TD]6.563[/TD][TD]350[/TD][TD]5.833 per % coin[/TD][TD]-[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD]Cookies (60)[/TD][TD]6.563[/TD][TD]350[/TD][TD]5.833 per % supply[/TD][TD]-[/TD][/TR2]
[TR1][TD]Gingerbread Man (105)[/TD][TD]7.667[/TD][TD]525[/TD][TD]-[/TD][TD]55.263 per rune shard[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD]Honey Wine (95)[/TD][TD]6.538[/TD][TD]425[/TD][TD]-[/TD][TD]14.167 per AW KP[/TD][/TR2]
[TR1][TD]Filled Chocolates (120)[/TD][TD]7.059[/TD][TD]480[/TD][TD]6.000 per % coin[/TD][TD]22.857 per AW KP[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD]Candy Apples (145)[/TD][TD]7.250[/TD][TD]580[/TD][TD]7.250 per % coin[/TD][TD]13.810 per AW KP [/TD][/TR2]
[TR1][TD]Gingerbread House (130)[/TD][TD]7.222[/TD][TD]520[/TD][TD]6.500 per % supply[/TD][TD]18.571 per AW KP[/TD]
[/TR1]
[TR1][/tr1]

DeletedUser6189

2 weeks? Seriously?!

Like you say, I'm grateful for the offset. However, I'm already holding off doing anything else in my city for the event ... now I may have to wait another week?