• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Prizes - Thoughts?

hvariidh gwendrot

i held off on starting fairies chapter to build for last FA and am now building for chapter VII, i also like both sets, would love to get both and not worry about it, but i think without spending i have to pick one set or the other? , so....any generic advice for pre mana needing players ?

Pheryll

Set Designer
as you can see from @Pheryll 's chart, the 105 chest is the only one that breaks the "always open the smallest chest" rule. If you had all 100+ chests the 105 would not be the best choice

If you had the choice between candy apple (145), gingerbread house (130), and gingerbread man (105), I could see a case being made to open the 105 chest. While the gingerbread man has a lower daily chance than the gingerbread house, the difference is slight, and investing the 25 point difference in another roll, will likely get you a better average value, than putting the full 130 into the gingerbread house.

dikke ikke

I calculated roughly you need 12m mana for the amuni including everyting. I will go for the set that exists only out of the main prizes, It does look not so big and i will finally replace my previous winterset, most other sets except the phoenix one are still wrapped in paper and will most likely be recycled now we have that possibility.

The Unbeliever

You know what would have been a really, really, awesome idea for Inno to try out?
What if say, the 2nd most expensive 'chest' was something like:
20% Daily Special
5% Lv1 Magic Residence
5% Lv1 Magic Workshop
15% Combining Catalyst
55% 10kp Instant

Overall, not a 'great' way to earn lots of stuff, but the tiny % chance for even a base Lv1 magical buildings would def grab people's attention!
And even *if* one gets lucky enough to grab a magic building or three over the course of the event, they're still just Lv1's and will need eventually 14 or 15+ bp's/RR spells to fully upgrade!

FoE does similar types of 'premium' themed chests in their events, and a goodly number of casual players will take them, as the lure of diamond-only buildings is strong...
Overall though, it's a 'bad' way to aim for any kind of 'grand prize/s' due to the overall poor event currency/chest ratio vs. most of the other chest options.

Here in elvenar, where it's a helluva lot harder to horde diamonds in general, it could be a good money-maker for Inno?! ;)

Pheryll

Set Designer
And even *if* one gets lucky enough to grab a magic building or three over the course of the event, they're still just Lv1's and will need eventually 14 or 15+ bp's/RR spells to fully upgrade!

Would the Royal Restoration spell upgrade by 1 level or to current level? I am not sure Inno gave a clear description of its effects.

DeletedUser9601

Would the Royal Restoration spell upgrade by 1 level or to current level? I am not sure Inno gave a clear description of its effects.
Pretty sure it would just increase the building 1 level.

The Unbeliever

Royal Restoration is just a fancy new-look blueprint that will work on both magical buildings + event buildings.
Everything else about it stays the same, so it just levels a building by 1 chapter up to your current chapter. ;)

Eventually I wouldn't be surprised to see them make their way into 1 or 2 of the various event chests (with a low % to win them), or maybe even as a daily special!

hvariidh gwendrot

i asked support about restoration spell timelines .. the response was a total cold bucket of water .. i'm putting that spell in the aint gonna happen column and move on :cool:

The Unbeliever

i asked support about restoration spell timelines .. the response was a total cold bucket of water .. i'm putting that spell in the aint gonna happen column and move on :cool:
It will definitely come...
It's just a question of how long it takes their programmers to make it work without insta-crashing the mobile version of the game.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they've got it figured out/nearly working properly, but are waiting until the new year & post holidays to roll it out. ;)

DeletedUser3352

the tiny % chance for even a base Lv1 magical buildings would def grab people's attention!

Some of us have dozens of blueprints that we cant use, since we didnt get on the diamonds/magic residences bandwagon early and we are forced to buy top level magic buildings (whereas everything else you buy at level 1, another 'muni grab') if we want them at all. There is no way Inno wants me to be able to use those on anything other than buying half a dozen magic residences and then waiting for the next few guest races to be able to use them.

DeletedUser6189

Sooooo ... what is the likelihood that the Market Stalls will come up again during the event?

Or is Day 2 pretty much the only chance of them?

Any takers?

Pheryll

Set Designer
Sooooo ... what is the likelihood that the Market Stalls will come up again during the event?

Or is Day 2 pretty much the only chance of them?

Any takers?

I would say a very low probability. In over a week only 1 of the 5 have shown up, which likely means that the 5 will be spaced out over the event occurring once each. So far, whenever Elvenar has done a double up on the daily set buildings, it was applied to all daily set buildings.

DeletedUser8946

Open the cheapest chest available.

Sorry, gonna back this whole conversation up. I'd just like to point out that unlike the other major events, this one has the 9 different chests like Woodelvenstock. We all know this, it's been brought up multiple times. But not all of them additionally provide a snowflake bonus as well. And the ones that DO only give you back half of your Snowflakes. So is smallest chest really still worth it?

Personally, I'm not going for the Daily Set. You need pretty much all of the buildings (how many is it this time? Four? Five?) to get a good deal, and with the different chests at weird values that is incredibly, incredibly hard to get. This event I'll probably just pour Snowflakes into double days, or maybe just the buildings that give out 10% Settlement Instants, which sound SWEET.

Problem with the Grand Prize Set, or me going only for double dayz, is that, again, odds of me getting third prize are low, and even then the whole set isn't great. I mean, three KP a day is pretty sweet, but not incredibly awesome amazingness. (Which is the bar I like these grand prizes to clear) So likely going for just the good Pop buildings and ones that provide good Instants will be my only goal for this event.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Sorry, gonna back this whole conversation up. I'd just like to point out that unlike the other major events, this one has the 9 different chests like Woodelvenstock. We all know this, it's been brought up multiple times. But not all of them additionally provide a snowflake bonus as well. And the ones that DO only give you back half of your Snowflakes. So is smallest chest really still worth it?

My table does factor in the snowflake return, and the comments on choosing the cheapest first come from arranging the boxes from greatest snowflake payoff for daily prize to least snowflake payoff. If you are looking for some other benefit, like knowledge points, there would be a different way of ordering the boxes.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Personally, I'm not going for the Daily Set. You need pretty much all of the buildings (how many is it this time? Four? Five?) to get a good deal, and with the different chests at weird values that is incredibly, incredibly hard to get.
Obviously, you should go for what you want, but just an FYI, you are wrong about how hard the daily set is to get. If you do all of the quests you will earn enough snowflakes to get ~13 buildings, and you only need 3 of the daily set to get great benefits. One of each of the 3 goods ones gives you full set bonuses on them, making them each worth a max level factory.
So each 2x3 = a T1 building
each 2x4 = a T2 building
each 3x3 = a T3 building
(provided you get at least 3 unique buildings)
Considering the culture, workshops, and residences that factories need, each set building you win is giving you 3 to 8 expansions worth of goods production.
If you need mana, the daily set mana building gives the same mana as 7 libraries do.

IMNSHO the daily set is leaps and bounds better than anything else offered by the event for a mid-late game player.

DeletedUser6189

I wanted to ask if anyone else is having complete failure to get any of the daily exclusives..

I am only in 3rd chapter
but I expect to finish all of winter line..
am I earning less snowflakes from being in low chapter?

It's luck ... sometimes it's with you and sometimes it's not.

The important thing to remember is that your best chance to get any buildings is to only open the smallest chest/cookie/treat. Believe it or not (and if you're really that new, you may not believe it yet), that is your BEST chance to get the most out of any event like this.

Also ... you are NOT getting any fewer snowflakes. It may feel like it, but you're not.

That being said, keep at it. Even in lower chapters, the events are doable. Just keep looking ahead at sites like Gamer Gems and plan accordingly and you will do it! :)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
ty yes I have been doing the cheapest almost all the time except for when I wanted a shot at supply rains.. those came in real handy
It helps to look at things backwards to understand the rarity of prizes.

If you think "15% chance, so I'll get one roughly every 7 tries", then it is easy to be disappointed.
but
If you think "85% of the time I will get a prize that is not the building", then it's easier to see how you can miss.